Marvel Wobblers Questions

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
WeaponX17

Marvel Wobblers Questions

Postby WeaponX17 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:35 pm

Hola.
While I don't have every single individual Marvel wobbler, I have almost all of them and at least one of each character. I do wish they had made a Stan Lee, that was a missed opportunity and would make an amazing Comikaze exclusive in my opinion. I still call the con by that name.
Anyways, my question is probably for some older collectors, but it's always bugged my that on the sides of a few boxes, you see headshots of characters that were never made into wobblers in the same series. On the side of Hulk, the box shows:
1. Hawkeye
2. Beast
3. Classic Ironman

Does anyone know why they were never made?
ISO: ChillyWilly proto, Marvel Freddy Deadpool, hugs, and free tacos
:freddy2:

imbatgirlpop

Re: Marvel Wobblers Questions

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:36 pm

I have Loki!!!! I love him!!!!

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 pm

I think some idea's were scrapped due to not enough popularity when it comes to wobbler's selling! Or they just put those characters on the side of the box to fit in with the theme even though they were not going to get made.
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

WeaponX17

Postby WeaponX17 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:27 am

SpaceDude wrote:I think some idea's were scrapped due to not enough popularity when it comes to wobbler's selling! Or they just put those characters on the side of the box to fit in with the theme even though they were not going to get made.

I hear that and you are probably right, but they did make a bunch of lame movie referenced Ironman wobblers after these early runs. I would have loved a Beast to add to all my X-Men for real
ISO: ChillyWilly proto, Marvel Freddy Deadpool, hugs, and free tacos
:freddy2:

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:18 pm

Beast would have been pretty awesome; especially with a flocked chase.

Some of the choice of what characters were made was defined and/or limited by the licenses Funko was able to get and what they were willing to pay for. I'm also sure there were intensions to make more, but someone lost focus or interest. There were sooooo many Wobblers they could have (and even should have) made but never got around to.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:10 pm

WeaponX17 wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:I think some idea's were scrapped due to not enough popularity when it comes to wobbler's selling! Or they just put those characters on the side of the box to fit in with the theme even though they were not going to get made.

I hear that and you are probably right, but they did make a bunch of lame movie referenced Ironman wobblers after these early runs. I would have loved a Beast to add to all my X-Men for real

Beast would of been a sweet wobbler!! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”