Help a "newbie" out

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
zoomgirl

Help a "newbie" out

Postby zoomgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:52 pm

Hello All,

Since joining the forum and wandering around, I have decided to put my wobblers back in their boxes and display them that way. I never noticed, but on most of my boxes my local comic shop put the price directly on the plastic window. How the heck do I get the goop off? I am sure there is some magic potion that I am unaware of. Could someone help a newbie out?

Thanks,

Zoomgirl aka Lisa

JollyOllyOJ

Postby JollyOllyOJ » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:26 pm

Buy some Goof Off ... works great .. :D

Augie

THERE IS A POTION

Postby Augie » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:39 pm

There is a product called "Goof Off" that will take those price tags off safely. It will also remove paint spots. But, be careful not to spray any on your wobblers-because, well, when I say it removes paint-I really mean it!!!

It's at Home Depot for $4 or $5 bucks.

Hope this helps you out. 8)

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:46 pm

Thank you kindly!!

stingray67

Removal Products

Postby stingray67 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:28 pm

Goof Off removes the paint very well and comes in two versions water-based and a more powerful smelling chemical based product. I myself have not been able to find the water-based product and use the latter vary sparingly as it is very powerful both in removing paint and in the odor it leaves behind. A small dab on a ear swab should do the job and give you better control in applying it

For the removal of glue and price stickers I use a product called Goo Gone. It has a pleasant citrus smell and is less toxic than the Goof Off product and works better in removing the price sticker and residue and dries to a clear.

Hope this helps.

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:38 pm

Hey Everyone!
I actually had some Goof Off in my cabinet. I don't even remember buying it! Got all the price stickers off but you are right, smells like a chemisty set gone awry!

I am going to get the Goo Gone for future use. Thanks everyone ! :D

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:13 pm

uh, try goof off!

;)

Aint I a Stinkah!

:twisted:

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:08 pm

Oh, I goof off from time to time....wait you mean "Goof Off"
silly me..... :wink:

Augie

GOOF OFF STINKS BUT IT WORKS

Postby Augie » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:55 am

I was wandering through a farmer's market in NoWheresville one day, when I came across a guy selling hot car stereos and fake Rolexes. He had a bunch of Wobblers in mint condition in mint boxes, except the idiot had written "$8" in black Sharpie on the front window of each one. :yikes:

I was debating whether or not to buy them. Most were retired.

(Note to Riot: At this time, I kept mine in their boxes, and will be voting.)

Once I haggled him down to $6 each, I thought, who cares about the boxes? Someone told me about Goof Off and it took the ink right off. So I basically stole these from this guy. :thumbsup:

End of story. -----I didn't mean this to be a testimonial, but maybe I should make an infomercial for the stuff.

It stinks, but it works!! :lol:

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”