Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

EAST COAST CHAPTER CONVENTION??

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Augie

EAST COAST CHAPTER CONVENTION??

Postby Augie » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:41 pm

Someone asked, at the chat last night, if there will ever be an East Coast Convention? And I says to myself, I says, "Y Not?"

I'd really like to go to Vegas, and with all the talk about it, I keep trying to think up a way. But, unfortunately, at the moment, the $$$ just ain't there.

But we on the East Coast could plan a "informal get together" sometime in the future. It would be great just to meet everybody. I see we have Funatics from NH to SC, and maybe our OH and midwestern friends would like to join in (and of course, any other funatics).

I live in Lower DE, almost MD. From what I've seen, I think I'm right in the middle of all the East Coasteners. So it could be right here at the Beach.

Anyone interested? Send me your feedback.

[url]AugiesDogs@aol.com[/url]

:-bud :-bud :beerchug: :beerchug: :-bud :-bud

topcat32
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby topcat32 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:02 pm

Great idea, Augie! I was thinking of proposing an all New England "meet-and-greet" since there seems to be a lot of members from this area.

I'm open to any East Coast get together!
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him TC,
Providing it's with dignity!

RiotCityHoods
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby RiotCityHoods » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:14 pm

do people still live in the mid-west?

rgr61375

Lets here it for the East Coast

Postby rgr61375 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:45 pm

I'm in Buffalo, NY. I'd love something on the right coast. I consider Buffalo to be east coast, although I've heard some say its midwest. Anyways, I'd love to go to something closer. I too can't afford Vegas. I think Funko should have the next FUNDAY in Niagara Falls or Buffalo, I bet I'd make it then.

Seriously though, what about Atlantic City for an official or unofficial gathering?
John: Don't you just love the graphics on this box?
Homer: No. How can you love a box, or a toy or graphics? You're a grown man.
John: It's camp!
https://www.instagram.com/ronsrandomstuff

prudemonkey
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Postby prudemonkey » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:42 pm

Well, I can't do anything right away, but down the road a bit, AC sounds like it could be a good time! Not much response on the right side of the coast!

wishingwell

Postby wishingwell » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:32 pm

We used to have a board member named Loopy who tried to put something just like this together on the East Coast, Prudemonkey. She really made an effort, looked into hotels and convention space etc., but it never came off. I think, in the end, it was a lot of work on her part with no guarantees that people would come. On the other hand, last March Jarkbark threw a party for Chicago area collectors and that turned out great! Mike Becker even surprised Jark by making an Angry Clown FunKo Funatic Fling wisecrack variation (only 48 made) just for the party! I'm not trying to discourage you, personally I think your idea is a great one, but it seems that an informal gathering might be the way to go for something regional.

On the plus side, I seem to remember someone asking Uncle Dave if all future conventions would be held in Vegas, and his response was something along the lines of "Not Necissarily" and that FunKo was always looking for fun, new places to hold upcoming conventions. I think that bodes well for places like NYC, Chicago, Houston, Minneapolis and Pratt. Never Fresno though, Uncle Dave was pretty clear about that! :poke:

creevox

re

Postby creevox » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:59 pm

I live in the NYC area and would definitely be into going to an East Coast gathering! Atlantic City would be perfect middle ground. I don't think it would need to be anything formal. Just a bunch of Funatics getting together for a nice meal and some drinks and conversation. That way we wouldn't have to bother with setting up anything special, just get confirmations from the funatics and make a reservation in one of the hotel restaraunts for dinner.

This would be perfect for early next year January or February. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's saving all his pennies for Vegas.

Franko 5621

Postby Franko 5621 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:32 pm

:lol:
I live in NC and would definitely consider a meeting on this coast -
Atlantic City is the Vegas of the East - so why not ?
:wink:
Funko all the Way !!!

gman9

Postby gman9 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:18 am

I live in NC to franko and it sounds great to have something here on the east coast in the future. :D ,I would support it.

RiotCityHoods

Postby RiotCityHoods » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:22 am

I of course was kidding when I axed about Fredno. Dave actually spends time here now and then believe it or not.

That Chicago party sounded like a blast at the time!

andy

Postby andy » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:15 am

hey augie! you live in Delaware? I thought i would never meet a fellow funatic from Delaware! i live in upper Delaware (wilmington) :)

-andy :violin:

JollyOllyOJ

Postby JollyOllyOJ » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:46 am

I live on Long Island .. in NY .. and had been lobbying for a East Coast Convention since October last year .. and would love to have a EC Get-Together ..

Since we are all collectors .. we might want to think about a place that would be having a Collectibles show some weekend in a big-market town .. like Atlantic City .. or Boston .. or Philly .. or Baltimore ... not to mention the Big Apple ..

Big Apple Con - Jan 25th - http://www.bigapplecon.com/
Baltimore Comic Con - Sept 20 & 21 - http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/index.htm
Super MegaFest in Boston - Nov 22 & 23 - http://www.supermegashow.com/
Chiller Theater in Jersey - October 31 - Nov 2 -
http://www.chillertheatre.com/
Reighter Show in Philly - Oct 3 & 4th - http://www.reightershows.com/

Then maybe we will be able to get ahold of some Fun---Ko with all the fun of meeting each other ..

prudemonkey

Postby prudemonkey » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:45 am

Now we are thinking!!

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:16 pm

I think having an east coast get together is a great idea! I also live in New York and would be willing to travel to meet other Funatics! My whole family thinks I am crazy, would be nice to meet some people...sniff....that understand me.....(Wahhh!!!)
Oh, sorry...did I say that outloud?

:wink:

opwiz1950

east coast convention

Postby opwiz1950 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:03 pm

i recall four or five years ago the atlantic city antique fair at the convention center was held twice a year...october and march..they still have it, but the toy and collectible dealers have dwindled to nil...it was here that i found and bought my first funko wobblers...underdog and the pez boy and girl...since all the location work and reservation stuff is done, why couldnt we pull off something like this...another suggestion i have made in the past..the pez collectors convention in stamford, conn is held every year in april-may...my friend richie is the co-ordinator for the convention and would love to incorparate the wobblers with pez dispensers...there is a natural marriage between the two with all the crossover characters...there were a few pez dealers this year sellin primarily funko pez but with an army of funko collectors on hand i am sure this could work out....they get excellent rates on the rooms and have a friday dinner with room hopping to buy, sell or trade. and saturday is convention time from 9:00 till 2:00 followed by auctions from donated items...i will be game for whatever we can work out on the east coast, but i had to put my 2cents in....

Augie

EAST COAST GET TOGETHER

Postby Augie » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:08 pm

I'm glad most of you think this is a fun idea. And, just because it didn't work in the past, doesn't mean it wouldn't work this time. And, as I said, this could be a very informal get together. AC sounds like a great place to have it. And although this may not materialize for like a year, I was just wondering if anyone was interested.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I'm looking to form a list of interested Funatics. Just leave a post with your location. No purchase necessary!! No obligation!! LOL!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Franko 5621

Postby Franko 5621 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:45 pm

I'm in NC - keep me in the loop ...
Thanks
Funko all the Way !!!

shugarbear

east coast

Postby shugarbear » Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:00 pm

I live in TOLEDO which is on the south west corner of lake ERIE right on the Ohio and Michigan state line . There is plenty going on around here in the warmer months and with the FUNKO VEGAS trip in Oct this fall is pretty well booked for me , but if you put this thing together for the winter or spring I'm in :) , winter around here is the DEAD ZONE , hate it :evil: , anyway most people consider Toledo and Ohio for that matter mid west but it's really more Eastern than Western , I can get to anyplace on the EAST coast from NYC to BALTIMORE in 8 to 10 hrs by car , and the flights are pretty reasonable as well so keep me posted and if a solid date is decided let me know , I love to travel and al I need is a excuse to GOOOO!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Af4caster

Postby Af4caster » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:22 pm

I hope people live in the midwest! I am in the Azores now, and am set to move to Omaha Nebraska next month! I hope I won't be the only one there...but I'll probably be the only one that is into Wobblers..that's for sure!

Maybe I can get my hands on a CornHusker bobblehead...Dare I dream?!

marlin40

Postby marlin40 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:01 pm

As a new east coast member I would be all for it
informal or formal I'ts all good!
EAST COASTERS UNITE :_r :!:

rgr61375

East Coast

Postby rgr61375 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:39 pm

Now 'till Christmas I'm pretty busy. Earlier next year would be awesome. Keep me posted on any plans rgr61375@yahoo.com
John: Don't you just love the graphics on this box?
Homer: No. How can you love a box, or a toy or graphics? You're a grown man.
John: It's camp!
https://www.instagram.com/ronsrandomstuff

Seymore Wobblers

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:59 pm

I'm in the Southern Appalachians. I can probably drive and get there in a day or so. We'll just make it a vacation! Keep me in the loop also, I'd be interested in this for sure. :wink:
Cain't you see I'm busy? Now GEEEEIT!!!!

opwiz1950

east coast convention

Postby opwiz1950 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:04 pm

i have suggested in the past combining our funko east coast collectors with the northeast pez convention on april 1,2and 3rd,2004...this is held in stamford,connecticut..the main days being friday the 2nd and saturday the 3rd...all the arrangements are there for us...hotel reservations at a great price...easy access from route 95...and floor space for any vendors that would like to participate...a lot of funko collectors probably collect some pez already and with so many character crossovers it would be a great blend of fun people....try to give the board a little input if you think this has potential....i know richie who organizes the convention and he would love to help us along....steve

mobster75

location, location, location!

Postby mobster75 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:14 pm

I'm in Boston, so AC is an easy jump from here.

prudemonkey

Postby prudemonkey » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:16 am

I'd be in for the Pez Convention, I think the two go together so well anyway! But then again, AC always works for me. I'm just a quick drive to both places.

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

B'more!!!

Postby swobobafett » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:57 am

hey, i wouldn't mind baltimore, beings as it's where i live.

the Balti-con is held just a mere 15 minutes from my apartment.

a get-together should probably wait until after vegas, so as us folks making the trip can recoup our expenses.
Funko Funbae

Baystate

Postby Baystate » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:46 pm

Great idea Augie; Let me know when & where and I'll be there :thumbsup:
Baystate

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”