Funko History: Huckleberrry Hound Color Variants

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Funko History: Huckleberrry Hound Color Variants

Postby Scotty » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:45 pm

I'm sure most of you have read the news that Brian has resigned from the Funko board. It'll be a bit strange thinking of Funko without Brian being there. I had hoped I'd get to another Fun Days in the near future and see him, again, before I can't really travel any longer. When I look at my collection I really do think of him--especially when I eyeball my 20" dark blue Huck bank (which he gifted me).

Brian and I both have a love of Huck, so I thought I'd share an old post of his that showed a few things: the history of the Huck color variants, Brian as a collector, and Brian as a generous and charitable person.

In 2005, after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans and the surrounding area, Brian got the Funatics involved to provide a little help. He posted this:

by Brian@Funko; Sep 01, 2005. Ok, time to help others. As some of you know, I have an addiction to all that is Huckleberry Hound. I have over 50 Vintage 1960's-1970's Huckleberry Hound vinyl figures from all over the world in my HB Collection. I also have some very rare Huck Hound Wobblers.
It all started a few years back when Mike Becker made me a( only 3 ever produced) Red Huck and a Blue Huck and Huck Pez. Well Huck got lonely in my office and since then, I have produced him some buddies! Funko made a few Hucks (12 each to be exact) in Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Yellow and Black & White. I have handed a few of these colored Huck's out to friends and for a couple of charity causes, so there is only a few of these floating around in public. So a real chance to own a rarity! Now please note, that these are not painted Huck's...These are fully colored plastic, meaning that the color is the plastic itself and cannot be faked! The pictures don't do them justice! So the only ones for auction are the ones with arrows, not the Red or the Blue or the Huck Pez. I will do a sort of silent auction. Where people can email me at brian@funko.com with your bid...Please name which Huck color you want. Bidding will end at Noon PST on Tuesday Sept.6th. Just for CLARIFICATION, there is ONLY ONE HUCK AVAILABLE PER COLOR... ALL PROCEEDS will go to Red Cross relief for the Hurricane victims. Please only bid what you can spare, do not go into debt to buy these...The high bidder can either PayPal or send a cashier check to Funko. In the event a bidder backs out, then second highest bidder and their bid would win, and so on. I will post periodic updates on who is the high bidder. Names will be withheld if requested. So lets help out... Brian.
HERE ARE THE WINNING BIDS! Thanks so very much! I really appreciate all the effort on the many bids I received! You guys have great hearts!
Green Huck- $350
Yellow Huck- $350
Purple Huck- $350
Pink Huck- $350
Orange Huck-$350
B/W Huck- $600

Not seen in the picture (except for a bit of the base--to the right) is the red stem Pez. Also, you may notice that the dark blue Huck on the left and the purple Huck in the center don't look very different in color. When they are next to each other, however, the difference is pretty apparent. It's harder to tell in certain pictures.

Well, I'm all kinds of grateful for all the Hucks that Brian brought into the world and I hope his moving on is to continue his pursuit of FUN. Thanks Brian!
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

MaxFMusic

Re: Funko History: Huckleberrry Hound Color Variants

Postby MaxFMusic » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:25 pm

What an incredibly touching story! Your collection has some true sentimental meaning behind it, which I love to see with fellow collectors. Brian seems like a great guy, and what an honor it must’ve been to get to know him.
Max F.
Media Scorer, Composer, and Trumpeter
Collecting since November 2013
Funatic Member since July 2022
200+ Funko products in my collection :freddy1:

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:12 pm

Hey Scotty... these bring back memories for me... I have the Green Huck and the Yellow Huck still :)
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:40 pm

cliffd64 wrote:Hey Scotty... these bring back memories for me... I have the Green Huck and the Yellow Huck still :)

Cliff, those two are actually my favorite colors. I don't know why, but I love that yellow one.
Image Image

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Really interesting story Scotty , I'm glad you shared this story and give younger collectors like me a chance to learn about what goes on in the older years.

themrj00

Postby themrj00 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:04 am

any info on the releases of the many colored banks?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:05 pm

Scotty this truly is something special. I have had the opportunity on several occasions to meet Brian and Mike briefly and have always felt that they really loved their fans. I will sometimes sit down and play with mold, paint and customize things that interest me. I have created lots of different things. One day I was bored and took a pop and started playing with the hair and remolded it differently. Was going more for a Rockstar look. A few weeks later I looked at it again and thought wow that actually looks alot like Brian. So ironically enough I was going to ECCC a couple weeks later and was like ok maybe I should just keep playing with this. So I did and I eventually ended up giving him a pin suit and custom made a Huck PEZ in his hand. Painted it all and brought it with me. Unfortunately that is when covid hit and everything shut down. I went last year to SDCC and completely forgot it until I was in SD. This year I remembered it but never could find him to give to him. Hopefully he does come back to Funko or at the very least is at an event that I can give to him.

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:08 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Scotty this truly is something special. I have had the opportunity on several occasions to meet Brian and Mike briefly and have always felt that they really loved their fans. I will sometimes sit down and play with mold, paint and customize things that interest me. I have created lots of different things. One day I was bored and took a pop and started playing with the hair and remolded it differently. Was going more for a Rockstar look. A few weeks later I looked at it again and thought wow that actually looks alot like Brian. So ironically enough I was going to ECCC a couple weeks later and was like ok maybe I should just keep playing with this. So I did and I eventually ended up giving him a pin suit and custom made a Huck PEZ in his hand. Painted it all and brought it with me. Unfortunately that is when covid hit and everything shut down. I went last year to SDCC and completely forgot it until I was in SD. This year I remembered it but never could find him to give to him. Hopefully he does come back to Funko or at the very least is at an event that I can give to him.

Now I want to see it. lol
Image Image

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:52 pm

I love this forum for this, thanks for the stories and the knowlege for the ones that wasnt there when this happened
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

TragicShaun

Postby TragicShaun » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:40 pm

I wish I knew where to find those pieces now! They're all but unobtainable!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”