Look what SANTA brought me!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Brian@Funko

Look what SANTA brought me!

Postby Brian@Funko » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Wow, I was looking at one of my office shelves and something seemed weird...was there an extra GRUESOME in my office? Out of nowhere appeared a red, white and green holiday Gruesome..

Well, actually 12 appeared...

Maybe Santa was working some magic at Funko..

Anyways..I am giving most of these away..so use this thread to sned me a picture or story of why you really NEED THIS HOLIDAY GRUESOME this X MAS..

And I will reward the most deserving /creative etc..

B.

Sluggo
Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Re: Look what SANTA brought me!

Postby Sluggo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:56 pm

I would like a Santa Lil Gruesome so I could repay the kindness of at least one my friends who supported me this year. It's been a rough year for me but I always feel good helping someone else during the holidays.
"Pixie & Dixie and Mr. Jinx, Please!"
"Just a pillow of the community"

RDK
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby RDK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Forget Lil Gruesome - I want those Dinos! lol
Ray

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:04 pm

My life every day of the week.... ](*,) :( :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

tjbhab
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby tjbhab » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:14 pm

I am not really a collector of the Gruesomes but that one does look very cool. I hope you find 12 deserving people to celebrate with. I am sure it won't be to difficult, there are so many wonderful people here :)
I'm Todd
COTM 10/12

Wobbler Wish List: Metallic Blue and Purple w/Black Crown Tux Wobbler Freddy.

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:21 pm

*insert pic of Chester upside down, grinning ear to ear, eyes open extremely wide, drool dripping from both corners of his mouth, taken with a fish eye lens HERE*

Or not :dontknow:

If I were to win one of these, I'd prize it as well, since I'm also one of the few non-Gruesome collectors here in Funkoland.

But if you turn around again and a cool proto appears out of thin air, I'd be more than happy to relieve you of your mirage (Brian, you really need a vacation).

Craig here......

chester

Postby chester » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I do not collect these but I know two very special deserving ladies that do. They really know what funko is all about.They are always trying to make the funko community a better place.I hope that Jennifer and Carol Shomenodder get a special one of these.I can't tell you how many great thing they have done for me and so many other funatics. They are to treasures and they both deserve some holiday magic. thanks for taking my suggestions into consideration.
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

Rat Fink Dennis
Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Postby Rat Fink Dennis » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Well I being a greedy Funko collector and collector of Said Gruesome's would love one of these suckers!!! I just got my truck and am back on the hunt.

I deserve one of these because I love Funko, I'm a HOF'er, I show Funko love whenever possible, and donate Funko all thru the year to Children. I share my love of Funko with everyone I know!

Brian please consider me for one of these babies. His friends are lonely without their holiday friend [-o< [-o<

Cheers, RFDennis

PS. I also deserve one on my sheer Awesomeness alone!!! :roflmao:
ROTY CC 2007
COTM January 2008
COTY CC 2008
HOF CC 2010
LEMMY WOBBLER FOR '11
Founding member of the "WOW MOM" Crew '08

chester

Postby chester » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Now Brian if this were for that Rudolph pez need I could come up with something awesome!!!LOL

chester

Postby chester » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Rat Fink Dennis wrote:Well I being a greedy Funko collector and collector of Said Gruesome's would love one of these suckers!!! I just got my truck and am back on the hunt.

I deserve one of these because I love Funko, I'm a HOF'er, I show Funko love whenever possible, and donate Funko all thru the year to Children. I share my love of Funko with everyone I know!

Brian please consider me for one of these babies. His friends are lonely without their holiday friend [-o< [-o<

Cheers, RFDennis

P.s.s.Brian the Rat has been a good boy this year!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Rat Fink Dennis

Postby Rat Fink Dennis » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:30 pm

chester wrote:
Rat Fink Dennis wrote:Well I being a greedy Funko collector and collector of Said Gruesome's would love one of these suckers!!! I just got my truck and am back on the hunt.

Cheers, RFDennis

P.s.s.Brian the Rat has been a good boy this year!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I actually have been!! :blush:
ROTY CC 2007
COTM January 2008
COTY CC 2008
HOF CC 2010
LEMMY WOBBLER FOR '11

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:31 pm

I would like a Holiday Gruesome to give to a deserving collector on my Secret Santa List that specifically asked for Gruesomes.
I'm sure it would add to their holiday cheer.

My holiday spending money is low, with the new baby, and we are currently looking into becoming a "Life Attachment" to a 16 year old foster boy and will more than likely be hosting him for christmas if everything works out. If this happens, we will obviously be helping with santa for him. This gruesome would help put my Secret Santa Gift over the top for this deserving collector.

Thanks for the opportunity, Happy holidays Brian.

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Brian, you are so damn handsome!

Yes??? :)
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

rjquintsr

Postby rjquintsr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:04 pm

Question: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
Answer: Frostbite. :devil:

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:06 pm

I would like the Gruesome because i have all the rest of them and i'm a completist....and i had a biopsy today and am not feeling too swift so it would really cheer me up [-o<

My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

Postby FFJim » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

You've seen our YouTube video -- 300,000 lights synchronized to music. That's has to be worth something!

RDK

Postby RDK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 pm

As much as I'd love one for myself or to put in my daughters' Christmas stocking, my Gruesome collection is so meager that it hardly matters. So add me to those who'd gift one - and my choice would be FunkoFanJim. Not because he runs the board, does so much for the community, or because he has a kick-ass wobbler museum that I'd love to visit someday, but because he put a smile on my daughter's face when she really needed it. It was at the last Fundays back in July. Dinah and her sister were playing in Balboa Park earlier in the day and Dinah fell off of a wall she was climbing on. She scraped up her face, cut her lip (she still has a little scar there), and had a big bruise on her forehead. She was crying and sore and (understandably) really didn't feel like joining us at Fundays. She was sad most of the night, but then Jim was given a giant Freddy proto and instead of keeping it for himself he handed it to her... which put a huge smile on her face (even though I think it hurt her a little to smile) and made her entire night. And for that I am grateful. The funny thing is, moments after Jim gave that one to her, Dinah won another one in the raffle... and gave it to Al. lol

A picture - and a smile - is worth a thousand words, so...

Ray

cardgame2

Postby cardgame2 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:25 pm

I hate to put myself forward like this.....but that's a super cool piece and I'd definitely love one and be able to share the rest with some Funko board members. I happen to love the Gruesome's - and that's partially your fault Brian as you were kind enough to give me the purple metallic faced one at SDCC 2009. Do I deserve them????? I'm not sure, how much do you know? LOL I work with the elderly all day, I deserve a medal!

lovetheangels

Postby lovetheangels » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:41 pm

There are so many wonderful funatics that deserve one of those. I look back over the last 5 years and have meet some amazing people here. I know everyone has their special people that they would do anything for. There is definatley one guy who stands out to me and that is Jim Dustman. I bet if you were to go back this past year many many people have thanked Jim for his kindness. Not only with customs he has done, but with gift cards, tickets, gifts, time, money he helps others out with. I think Jim has a heart of gold and inspires others with his thoughtfulness and generosity. A lot of people say they would give you the shirt off their back, Jim really would. It may be a tank top, but none the less he would give it to you.
Ken here

akaSID
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby akaSID » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Having 9 of the Gruesome variations, I would LOVE to add another to the fold...
Alas, they are temporarily all hiding in a box...waiting for their new display case to be built...a work in progress....
A holiday gruesome would surely lift their spirits, when again, they see the light of day....
I would fore-go their happiness though...to see one of the many other deserving funatics, one's with a larger menagerie of gruesomes, get one of these lovely beauties.....

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:26 pm

I would absolutley love one of "Noel the Gruesome"!!!! I have all the rest of the gruesomes (except for the rare green one).....proto included! I have been here collecting Funko longer than anyone else who is currently a member of this forum. We used to chat on EBAY when there was no forum to discuss Funko. I have more useless and useful Funko information in my head than most people should EVER have!

I also had a Gruesome (Gray Jacket/Orange Hair) as an exclusive at one of my Midwest Wobbler Summits! It was an awesome piece and those who attended had a great time and got an awesome piece of Funko.

I love my Gruesomes and my Sleestaks. In fact, here in Minnesota the Gruesomes rule the Lost City!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Could I beg anymore? I could but my cane will get in the way :roflmao:
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

sclarke03
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby sclarke03 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Dear Brian,

I would like a new baby brother for Christmas! Please make my holiday wish come true?

Happy Holidays,

Steve's metallic Halloween Gruesome

( I figured it was worth a shot. I probably won't get one, mainly because there are so many deserving people on here. I haven't been around here as long as most of you, one thing that drew me into this forum was how close and generous you guys are. I'm still trying to do my best to fit in, and I thank all of you for your patience when you read through all of my annoying posts. I'm sure Brian will have a hard time picking. But I can help make your decision a little bit easier if you pick me. :D )
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

Squird

Postby Squird » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:53 pm

Although I dig this Christmas Gruesome
It would be best to gift it to some
Funatics on this board who come
Wanting Grue, so I'll choose one.

With a smile, wide and toothsome,
I ask, kind Brian, to ignore this sing song
And bestow upon a Vegas two-some
A newly spanking, kick-ass Gruesome!!

Pick me and send the Gruesome to Jen. She's going to be a mom.
(I'd also like to see akaSid get picked, he's helping me out with parts for a custom)
Funklub: 11181

t-bone
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby t-bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Still looking for white proto gruesome (Original style)!

icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby icemanfan44 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:10 pm

There are so many deserving Funatics who love the Lil Gruesome that I would have to give it to one of them if I were awarded one. The list would start with my young friend from Victoria, Honshero. If he had one I would have to go with these fine Lil Gruesome collectors (not in order so no stoning the Bear!) Kevin Buda, ShoMeNodder,T-Bone, the Awesome RFD, Jen, ToytonyTexas, FFJim, Dustman, Cargame, AKA Sid! Hope you guys all win!

Bear
P.S. Sheckster if he is a Gruesome collector
P.P.S. The Patrick Owlsley Hanna Barbera Art is fraking awesome!

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

RDK

Postby RDK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 pm

It's pretty clear that the only real solution to this holiday dilemma is for Brian to make more X-mas Gruesomes and send them to everybody! (Or at least Platinum Card holders!) :D
Last edited by RDK on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't want to lobby for me or anyone else... all I have to say is that toy is SICK!!! Best non glowing Gruesome for sure!
Nice work Funko!!

videguy

Postby videguy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 pm

I like Ray's idea. I would love to have one as well, but the competition looks pretty fierce. Good luck to all.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

Sheckster
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Sheckster » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:51 pm

I am a Gruesome Collector, But I have just started collecting them (pretty much). If anyone were to deserve one it is the boy who rekindled the love of Gruesomes and that is Hons. Bryan is a great kid. I also really loved Kens post about our Great friend Dustman. Dustman Jim made me feel welcome from the get go andc ompletely went out of his way for me in Las Vegas. He also went beyond the call of duty for my son and I in San Diego. I must admit, Jim to me is the epitome of goodness on this board. If I had an eighth of his goodness, I would be a better man. I like the Gruesomes, but I feel that Dustman should be honored. Kevin Buddha should get one too, because he kind of looks like one. lol Last but not least, the Great FFJim. This big fella pulls a lot of weight keeping this gang together. If anyone gets the nod, I sure hope it is him. God bless you all.
Hi I am Mikey also known as Sheckster.
COLLECTOR OF THE MONTH JULY 2009
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR 2010

toytonytexas

Postby toytonytexas » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Dear Santa Brian,

I would really LOVE a Christmas Gruesome to add to my collection. I have been a Hanna Barbera fan since I was a child and the Wacky Races was one of my favorite shows growing up. In fact, it was Hanna Barbera that brought me to Funko in the early years. I was looking for toys of my favorite characters and I fell in love with the Funko wobblers. I know there are Funatics like KevinBudda, FFJim, Carol, RFD, Honshero, and Jennifer (to name a bunch! ;-) ) that have more Gruesomes than I do and should get one, if possible, for their collection.

However, my love of the old shows and the Hanna Barbera characters (that brought me so much joy to me in my early years) in just as strong as anyones! It's the older collectors that actually have memories of these characters... and it is our memories that keep these characters alive and give us the burning desire to collect. I want to personally THANK YOU for giving us all of these awesome vinyl toys and wobblers and for giving us this opportunity to enter such contests. It adds little excitement... to the same old, same old of everyday life! =D>
Last edited by toytonytexas on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rat Fink Dennis

Postby Rat Fink Dennis » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Wow, I feel the love.....:(
ROTY CC 2007
COTM January 2008
COTY CC 2008
HOF CC 2010
LEMMY WOBBLER FOR '11

FFJim
HoF 2007 & CotY
HoF 2007 & CotY

Postby FFJim » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Plea #2: I decorated FunaticForum.com for the holiday and even included animation!

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:13 pm

FunkoFanJim wrote:Plea #2: I decorated FunaticForum.com for the holiday and even included animation!

Everyone knows this guy deserves one!! Hook it up Brian!!

lovetheangels

Postby lovetheangels » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 pm

FunkoFanJim wrote:Plea #2: I decorated FunaticForum.com for the holiday and even included animation!

That is true and it looks more awesome every year!!! =D> =D> =D>
Ken here

RDK

Postby RDK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 pm

funkystark wrote:

Everyone knows this guy deserves one!! Hook it up Brian!!

Hey, I'm pimping out my daughter on Jim's behalf! There's not much more I can do. lol
Ray

RDK

Postby RDK » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

My own personal plea is meager and admittedly selfish: I want one 'cause they're unbelievably cool and I'm jealous of those who got a Halloween one. :D
Ray

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:21 pm

I really think that Carol should be the #1 of 12 in this group of lucky funatics to be gifted a Gruesome. Carol has a Hanna-Barbera wing in her basement that is PHENOMENAL and missing a Gruesome is not an option for her. Oh and one more thing.....I simply love Carol!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby icemanfan44 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Rat Fink Dennis wrote:Wow, I feel the love.....:(

what? I even called you The Awesome RFD!

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 pm

I only have two of this Fantastik Plastik and they are Fantastic. I know I am fairly new on the board but I joined to help me finish my Spastik Plastik collection (hopefully completed 100% but waiting on one more package) and Jenn helped me out sooooo much. I had the pleasure of meeting her and she was so nice, till this day she contacts me when she knows she has something that I am looking for. I know she collect these and I would love to see her receive one of these, I just want to tell her thank you and the rest of the Funatic that have help me out (Robert 1313, among others). It been a geat year, Merry Christmas to all the Funatics!
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

t-bone
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby t-bone » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Brian, couldn't you work your holiday magic and turn 12 into 24 ? I think everybody needs a lil gruesome this season. :santa:
Still looking for white proto gruesome (Original style)!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”