Comic Con & Fun Days UPDATE

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Sheckster
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Comic Con & Fun Days UPDATE

Postby Sheckster » Fri May 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Get a cigar ready for Shecks, Al!!
Hi I am Mikey also known as Sheckster.
COLLECTOR OF THE MONTH JULY 2009
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR 2010

yoohooal
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby yoohooal » Fri May 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Sheckster wrote:Get a cigar ready for Shecks, Al!!

You got it, buddy! :smt028

chester
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby chester » Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
Meth68 wrote:
jguerin117 wrote:i was looking into the info and i dont think ill be able to make it. travel times are around 9 hours for me each way with layovers and i dont think my ankle will be able to do the flight going to the event and the return flight in a eekend. would be way too much for me to be able to do i think. too bad i really wanted to make it

Jeff let's start our East Coast Fundays petition. We know for a fact at least 2 people will sign! :)

OK... medical issues aside for a moment... I know how that can hamper traveling...

Being an East Coaster myself... let me see if I have this straight...

You guys want Funko to hold Fundays outside of the SDCC (the largest convention of any type across the country, providing them the most exposure) on the East Coast, despite the obvious fact that they are located on the West Coast, and also despite the enormous cost of travel and shipping to get everyone and everything to the East Coast?????

Frankly, with the only exception being the New York International Toy Fair (industry only) there is no event that could possibly be lucrative enough to have Funko travel 3000+ miles with all their stuff. We are fortunate to have SDCC, otherwise I think we'd be going to the Seattle area... Fundays have evolved into an amazing event... and its not one that should be hopping all over the continent. Easier for Funko means more goodies for those who attend... simple math!

As a fellow East Coaster... you need to suck it up and save for a trip out west... That's what the rest of us East Coasters do. Trust me... You'll have the time of your life and it's will be worth every penny! If you can't justify a plane ticket and a shared hotel room to go to Fundays... well... There's not much that can be said. Those who do make the trip will be richly rewarded not only in Funko goodies but a lifetime of memories and friendship.

I agree with most of the thing that you had to say.
I cannot agree with you saying suck it up,and save for a trip.It takes a lot of money for a trip like that. Plane trip, hotel car/ trolley, food,comic con ticket,funday ticket. I work two jobs.I have a house payment car payment, bills, a child etc...I'm not saying feel sorry for me,but It's not as easy as you make it seems.The only way i could make it was to win the lottery.
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

lovetheangels
Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Postby lovetheangels » Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm

That sucks Paul I wish you guys could make it. I just finished looking at the pics you sent me of my kids with Jer. They are so much older now and I am sure Jer is also. If not this year hopefully next year :(
Ken here

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

GOING TO MISS YOU PAUL AND JER!

chester

Postby chester » Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 pm

We will be back. I love hanging with all of you guys. Funday is the best.Brian and his crew are the best and go out of their way for everyone.Ken you just don't know how a couple years makes all the difference in the world. Jeremiah is the best. I am really waiting for the axe to fall. I was such a mischievous kid (I know you can't believe that),and he is so well behave, well mannered,and athletic.All of which I am not.lol I hope everyone has a ball on in California/Funda'y. Especially the newbies for they know not what to expect.

batmanfunatic92

Postby batmanfunatic92 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 pm

I am trying to get a friend in San Diego to go to Fundays for me. We shall see how this goes :) I already had 1 friend tell me he couldn't do it :( sad sad sad

jguerin117
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jguerin117 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 pm

if you saw what i wrote i stated that i completely understand why they do there events at SDCC. i never said they shouldnt go to SDCC or do a fundays there. i stated that it would be cool to have a fundays event at NYCC at some point. if that never happens ill be fine with it, just saying it would be nice.

putting medical issues aside there would be no issues with me attending fundays at sdcc. i have zero issue putting the funds aside to make it there and buy the items i want.

i would never think that they shouldnt have there biggest event at SDCC were they have a much larger covention to showcase there product. the fact that they hold fundays alone is amazing i collect a lot and never see companies doing that much for there collectors. not quite sure though with whats wrong with saying it would cool to have something similiar at NYCC. i get thats a pipe dream considerring the size of SDCC compared to NYCC
Jeff

the zilla's
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby the zilla's » Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 pm

can't wait to see everyone - miss you guys! special appearance by ??? don't miss it - you know it'll be good.
see you in SD - the zilla's :brilsmurf:

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Jeff when NYCC comes around we will meet up, have a drink, exchange some funko (I'll even sign mine) we come back on here and tell people how awesome 2012 Fundays east coast edition was. Maybe next year it grows to 6 ppl, then 10+ and so on :D
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Fri May 11, 2012 10:40 pm

the zilla's wrote:can't wait to see everyone - miss you guys! special appearance by ??? don't miss it - you know it'll be good.

Look forward to seeing you both !
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Fri May 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Can anybody tell me what time the SDCC opens and closes? And how long does Fun Days last?

Trying to figure out if I can make this trip happen on the cheap.

Thanks.

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:25 pm

chester wrote:
cliffd64 wrote:
Meth68 wrote:[quote="jguerin117"]i was looking into the info and i dont think ill be able to make it. travel times are around 9 hours for me each way with layovers and i dont think my ankle will be able to do the flight going to the event and the return flight in a eekend. would be way too much for me to be able to do i think. too bad i really wanted to make it

Jeff let's start our East Coast Fundays petition. We know for a fact at least 2 people will sign! :)

OK... medical issues aside for a moment... I know how that can hamper traveling...

Being an East Coaster myself... let me see if I have this straight...

You guys want Funko to hold Fundays outside of the SDCC (the largest convention of any type across the country, providing them the most exposure) on the East Coast, despite the obvious fact that they are located on the West Coast, and also despite the enormous cost of travel and shipping to get everyone and everything to the East Coast?????

Frankly, with the only exception being the New York International Toy Fair (industry only) there is no event that could possibly be lucrative enough to have Funko travel 3000+ miles with all their stuff. We are fortunate to have SDCC, otherwise I think we'd be going to the Seattle area... Fundays have evolved into an amazing event... and its not one that should be hopping all over the continent. Easier for Funko means more goodies for those who attend... simple math!

As a fellow East Coaster... you need to suck it up and save for a trip out west... That's what the rest of us East Coasters do. Trust me... You'll have the time of your life and it's will be worth every penny! If you can't justify a plane ticket and a shared hotel room to go to Fundays... well... There's not much that can be said. Those who do make the trip will be richly rewarded not only in Funko goodies but a lifetime of memories and friendship.

I cannot agree with you saying suck it up,and save for a trip.It takes a lot of money for a trip like that. Plane trip, hotel car/ trolley, food,comic con ticket,funday ticket. I work two jobs.I have a house payment car payment, bills, a child etc...I'm not saying feel sorry for me,but It's not as easy as you make it seems.The only way i could make it was to win the lottery.[/quote]

Paul: We all have those things... You are not unique. I plan for and save specifically for the things I want to do in life. You just have to budget for next year from the moment you get back THIS YEAR ... Its not hard to put away a little each week. Just requires desire, a little sacrifice, and some determination. If you can't spare $5 a day for a year with two jobs... then maybe this sort of trip is not for you. But anyone who wants to go bad enough can find a way to save up for it and raise the funds one way or another. Works for me... no lottery required.... just a budget.

Here's what I budget for...
Hotel: (my share) $500 for 6 days (less if we stay less days or cheaper hotel)
Air; $350 from East Coast... less from other places...
Con Tickets (optional..but got lucky this year) $175 for 4 days+preview (less if single days badge is purchased)
Fundays $60
Trolley -$27

total = 1100 .., add in spending money... ok.. say $1700 total on a budget... That's roughly $5 a day to save for 365 days ... You could get way with less by shortening the stay or not getting a 4 day pass to SDCC. Add a dollar more per day to your savings and you increase your fund by $365.

Difficult? Maybe if you don't plan. But I believe anyone could sacrifice enough to be able to save $5 a day...

Give it a try for next year.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

glowfunkofreak
HoF 2007 & Spirit
HoF 2007 & Spirit
Location: the other side of the rainbow .. where everything GLOWS !!

Postby glowfunkofreak » Fri May 11, 2012 11:34 pm

the zilla's wrote:can't wait to see everyone - miss you guys! special appearance by ??? don't miss it - you know it'll be good.

WHEN you getting in ??

WHERE you guys staying ??

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

INFO we want INFO !!!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30322
Once a FUNATIC a FUNATIC for LIFE

It's ALL about the FUN
WEBSITE - http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Don't we have another post I think Cory started that has everyone's arrivals and hotel accommodations?
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

bobbleboy
Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Postby bobbleboy » Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 pm

SCORE. Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

chester

Postby chester » Sat May 12, 2012 7:09 am

As a fellow East Coaster... you need to suck it up and save for a trip out west... That's what the rest of us East Coasters do. Trust me... You'll have the time of your life and it's will be worth every penny! If you can't justify a plane ticket and a shared hotel room to go to Fundays... well... There's not much that can be said. Those who do make the trip will be richly rewarded not only in Funko goodies but a lifetime of memories and friendship.[/quote]
I cannot agree with you saying suck it up,and save for a trip.It takes a lot of money for a trip like that. Plane trip, hotel car/ trolley, food,comic con ticket,funday ticket. I work two jobs.I have a house payment car payment, bills, a child etc...I'm not saying feel sorry for me,but It's not as easy as you make it seems.The only way i could make it was to win the lottery.[/quote]

Paul: We all have those things... You are not unique. I plan for and save specifically for the things I want to do in life. You just have to budget for next year from the moment you get back THIS YEAR ... Its not hard to put away a little each week. Just requires desire, a little sacrifice, and some determination. If you can't spare $5 a day for a year with two jobs... then maybe this sort of trip is not for you. But anyone who wants to go bad enough can find a way to save up for it and raise the funds one way or another. Works for me... no lottery required.... just a budget.

Here's what I budget for...
Hotel: (my share) $500 for 6 days (less if we stay less days or cheaper hotel)
Air; $350 from East Coast... less from other places...
Con Tickets (optional..but got lucky this year) $175 for 4 days+preview (less if single days badge is purchased)
Fundays $60
Trolley -$27

total = 1100 .., add in spending money... ok.. say $1700 total on a budget... That's roughly $5 a day to save for 365 days ... You could get way with less by shortening the stay or not getting a 4 day pass to SDCC. Add a dollar more per day to your savings and you increase your fund by $365.

Difficult? Maybe if you don't plan. But I believe anyone could sacrifice enough to be able to save $5 a day...

Give it a try for next year.[/quote]
I don't want to argue with you Cliff.I don't know what kind of responsibilities you have,what kind of money you make,or what kind of bill's you have. I work two jobs to make ends meet.
Now multiply that by two.Since I would have to bring Jeremiah also. I do not make an extra $300. dollars a month,let alone $150. Thats life.I'm not looking for a pitty party.Just stating the facts.

I will plan on it for next year as I always do.but my responsibilities come first.To tell me that maybe this trip is not for me is just pompass.

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:11 am

chester wrote:
I will plan on it for next year as I always do.but my responsibilities come first.To tell me that maybe this trip is not for me is just pompass.

It wasn't written that way... That's on you. I think we are saying the same thing just different words.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 am

I completely get where you're coming from, Paul. Fortunately, I'm not in a similar situation (although being retired and on a fixed income while looking for a place to move to cut expenses my funds are very tight and my immediate plans and finances are up in the air), but I know of many others who are. I'll really miss seeing you and Jeremiah.

Craig here......

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sat May 12, 2012 2:14 pm

I will miss you (again) Paul !

videguy

Postby videguy » Sat May 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Maggie and I won't be making the trip this year. We had fun for the 4 years we went and will likely return in 2013, figured we would sit this year out.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sat May 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Awww

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sat May 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Dagnabbit!!!!! We'll miss you.

Craig here......

videguy

Postby videguy » Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 pm

We'll miss you as well. I know it will be a killer to read about all the fun everyone is having without being there.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

cardgame2

Postby cardgame2 » Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Making me sad just reading these posts - I will so miss the Zilla's - Kim and Dave are the best - anything new with Faithboy?
And Sho and Ac and Al and Paul and Cliff and Jim and Mike and Jason, wow the list could go on n' on. I expect full reports from one and all.

funkystark

Postby funkystark » Sat May 12, 2012 9:58 pm

cardgame2 wrote:Making me sad just reading these posts - I will so miss the Zilla's - Kim and Dave are the best - anything new with Faithboy?
And Sho and Ac and Al and Paul and Cliff and Jim and Mike and Jason, wow the list could go on n' on. I expect full reports from one and all.

You will be missed Cathy, it's too bad you aren't coming.

RDK

Postby RDK » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 pm

It's always a highlight to see you two!
Ray

lovetheangels

Postby lovetheangels » Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Love me some Zillas \:D/ You will be surprised Dave, Lindsay is just about even in height with her mom now.
Ken here

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sun May 13, 2012 10:13 am

A Zilla sighting is always a treat, but to meet and greet - priceless!!!! =D>

But I'm sad Ms Cardgame won't be sitting next to me at Funday. :(

I love it when I'm squeezed between Carol and Card at Funday. ;-)

:bellydance: :toothy4: :bellydance:

Craig here......

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sun May 13, 2012 10:23 am

Yea, i will miss Card too...at least i got to spend some time with her recently but it's not the same as when we're all together.

cardgame2

Postby cardgame2 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks so much guys for the kind words...........believe me - if I could - I would. Mike I expect you to take care of my friends.....you know how the seniors are sometimes, they forget the routine! Carol you've got to walk a little bit at the con this year - I want to know what they have for Dark Shadows movie...........

kroffty
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby kroffty » Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 pm

cardgame2 wrote: I want to know what they have for Dark Shadows movie...........

In 2010, Entertainment Earth was selling Mego-style DS (TV show) action figures of Barnabas, Angelique, and an SDCC exclusive Werewolf. They came out with nothing last year, but EE just announced Quentin, Josette, and Willie (all TV versions) for this year:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... horder=com

Release date isn't until November, so I doubt these will be for sale at the Con. I'll take care of you if any cool DS stuff is there!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon May 14, 2012 8:58 pm

That's so nice of you Dave cause i can't be walking all over the place !!!

cardgame2

Postby cardgame2 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks so much Dave - I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend. Last year I picked up a book at Hermitage Press where they reprinted all the old comics in one book.
OK Carol - right away you want to let me know you're not pickin' nothing up that isn't at the Funko booth - boy I was just saying....................................

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 pm

No, i'm not saying that, but if the young ones volunteer who am i to say no ? :razz:

toytonytexas
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby toytonytexas » Sun May 20, 2012 11:20 pm

kroffty wrote:
cardgame2 wrote: I want to know what they have for Dark Shadows movie...........

In 2010, Entertainment Earth was selling Mego-style DS (TV show) action figures of Barnabas, Angelique, and an SDCC exclusive Werewolf. They came out with nothing last year, but EE just announced Quentin, Josette, and Willie (all TV versions) for this year:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitli ... horder=com

Release date isn't until November, so I doubt these will be for sale at the Con. I'll take care of you if any cool DS stuff is there!

Yeah... I love the Dark Shadows toys. I have two Barnabas figures from 2010...one on the card and one open! Glad they are making some new additions to the list.

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Sun May 17, 2015 12:50 pm

psyche

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun May 17, 2015 12:57 pm

edorice wrote:psyche

<insert Rick Astley video>
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sun May 17, 2015 1:06 pm

edorice wrote:psyche

LoL - you totally got me! :) I was reading through and only noticed something off when said they'll be there in 2013 ](*,)
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

dakook

Postby dakook » Sun May 17, 2015 1:14 pm

I knew something was fishy when I saw It in wobbler section
ImageImage
Baxter

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”