click here for a new thread

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
mrcory5000
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

click here for a new thread

Postby mrcory5000 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:10 am

When I began collecting wobblers it was because it was fun. I sit here remembering the times when I’d get several boxes in the mail containing new wobblers, and all the time I have spent on Ebay hunting down great new additions for my collection.

I’m sure we all began collecting because it was so much fun, and has brought so much fun into our lives. I love hearing everyone’s excitement when they get a new wobbler in the mail, and all the congratulatory notes those people get from other collectors. I also enjoy reading posts from new collectors as they write with such enthusiasm and excitement because I remember how I was when I first began.

I was away from the boards this weekend and have come back to feel some hostility within some threads, and I would like all the newer collectors to understand that this happens from time to time, just like any tight-knit group. It’s a shame when it happens, but luckily there’s always a positive thread somewhere.

I wish you all a great day, and a terrific week!

-Cory

yoohooal
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby yoohooal » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:11 pm

Nice, Cory - well said! 8)

mrcory5000

Postby mrcory5000 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:21 am

Thanks yoohooal! I still got a problem. Seems like their are a few who still won't let some issues die. Last weekend there was a bunch of crap on this board and it's looking like this weekend will be no different. Why must people puff out their chest over here? Why? It's an actual question. I'm not being rhetorical. Why do some people insist on puffing out their chests like monkey's?

Otto13
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby Otto13 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:40 am

Mr Cory,

I would like to offer a suggestion to you. I am not swelling my chest nor am I attacking you. If this board makes you feel in anyway uncomfortable...there are other boards you can participate on. This goes for anyone who does not enjoy the people of this on-line community. No one has to be here. If you are not enjoying yourself...by all means...seek out your enjoyment. Moving on is your right.

I am not trying to be mean or nasty and I do not have a hidden agenda. This is the World Wide Web...go find some fun and safe places.

I'd sure hate to lose you as a board member Mr Cory...but I do respect your point of view.

Otto
New York ....................................Paris...............................Chula Vista

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”