Read this first.........

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Seymore Wobblers

Read this first.........

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:32 pm

Hey gang, let's move on. The only thing that I can think of to do to brighten our day is to think about fun times and Wacky Wobblers of course!

Fun time:
Mrs. Seymore and myself finally made it to the theater last night to see Pirates of the Caribbean. What a fun movie. Johhny was a little too "Guns N' Roses" but it was still fun. It really did remind me alot of the ride at Disney. Anybody else see it?

Wobblers:
I checked the Funko sight and saw that they updated it with Bazooka Joe and Wendy. Isn't that cool!?! We're probably just days away from hearing of a new Wobbler!!!!
Cain't you see I'm busy? Now GEEEEIT!!!!

Seymore Wobblers

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:45 pm

I'll do anything to keep this topic on the top of the pile :D

RiotCityHoods
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby RiotCityHoods » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:48 pm

I am SERIOUSLY STOKED about this BAZOOKA JOE wobbler...When is it officially out? Does anybody already have him?

gman9

Postby gman9 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:50 pm

Thanks Seymore for the update,I'll check it out right now. :thumbsup:

Seymore Wobblers

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:54 pm

I thought I read on one of the sights that it was going to start shipping around the 14th or so. I haven't seen one yet. I took a whole pack of Bazooka bubble gum with me camping this past weekend. No one could understand what the hell I was smiling about! :D

I'm really curious to see if any of the new ones that we chatted about the other night with Mike and Dave will be just around the corner. Say...in the next 3-4 weeks!! 8)

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:05 pm

I think I'll stop by Toy Tokyo on my way home from work to see if they have any out yet. They always seem to be on top of everything!
Whoo Hoo!!!

RiotCityHoods

Postby RiotCityHoods » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:09 pm

Zoom...You're lucky to be that close to Toy Tokyo...Last time I was in NY I wasn't smart enough to fit a visit in...I'd love to see pictures of the place if anybody's got any...??? We do have Kid Robot on S.F. though and that place is RAD.

Seymore Wobblers

TOY TOKYO

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:12 pm

Toy Tokyo...hmmm.... never heard of that around here. Wonder if they have any Matango toys/ aka Attack of the Mushroom People?

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:54 pm

Toy Tokyo is an awesome toystore in the East Village in NYC. They carry alot of stuff from Kid Robot as well as a nice array of Funko items. I know that Funko sometimes has "Toy Tokyo" exclusives. I got a Mr. Softee (can't remember if it was the Chocolate one or the Strawberry) that was exclusive to them. On top of it all, they are super friendly in there. The sad thing though is that their website kind of sucks. Well, actually it sucks loads :P

Don't know if they would let anyone take pics of the inside of the store, I would think not. I would LOVE to see a Kid Robot store! drrooollllll.....
If I stop by I will let you guys know what they have....

RiotCityHoods

Postby RiotCityHoods » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:13 pm

there are actually FANTASTIC photos of the kid robot store on the internet...is the toy tokyo shop surprisingly small? or is it big? well organized? cool displays? they do in fact have their fair share of exclusives - you're right.

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:29 pm

Hmmm, to be fair I would say that it is "medium size" However, a lot of stores in the city would have both action figures and comics/graphic novels. Toy Tokyo is all about toys. They have a small back room with just imports (very cool) I have seen a lot of them at Kid Robot's site.
Well organized, cool displays, and a great staff! Very key....

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:50 pm

Zoomgirl:

Do you collect hong kong and asian vinyl figures as well as wobblers???

I just got into them and they are great. I love the kid robot site and their are so many other great online sites for vinyls.

:)

zoomgirl

Postby zoomgirl » Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:56 pm

Hmm, I do have a few vinyl pieces from Kid Robot, I think I have about 4 pieces. Though I love the way they look, they are SUPER expensive. I mean there are pieces out there for $200.00!
I think I am going to look into some Western Vinyl. I think Mezco has done some pretty cool pieces.
My main problem is that there are so many things I am interested in collecting. I have trouble focusing :shock:
My friend and her hubby came over to my house to watch my cat when I was away last weekend. My friend showed her hubby this closet I have in my house filled with toys. She said he was totally shocked, I wish my apartment was bigger so I could have a room totally devoted to them!!!!

Seymore Wobblers

Bazooka Joe & Wendy

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:27 pm

I stand corrected on the ship date for Bazooka Joe and Wendy. It's not the 14th as I was guessing, but the 22nd (according to NodderWorld.) Still- not too much longer!!! :mrgreen:

RiotCityHoods

Postby RiotCityHoods » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:39 pm

Zoom and Wizeguy (as you already know) I'm doing some Asian vinyl these days too...Well heck I posted a photo...I love the stuff. The only piece of advice I've got is concentrate on a collection or two or three...That's what I've had to do and it ALMOST takes the pressure off. I know when I see a cool action figure I can't buy it. I don't collect 'em. My strategy anyway!

itchykorean

Kid Robot

Postby itchykorean » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:31 am

Hey, Riot. This Kid Robot joint you speak of... Is it in Haight/Ashbury near Amoeba Records? I remember going into a store that carries a buncha Kubricks and vinyl action figures.
Original Funko FunKlub Member 0004
Hall Of Fame Class 2005

RiotCityHoods

Postby RiotCityHoods » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:12 am

Itchy...That is in fact the store. Amazing. Isn't Ameoba amazing as well. As a former (at least not active) indie record store owner Ameoba just BLOWS MY MIND. They've got 30 registers going WITH A LINE at mid day on week days for crying out loud!

itchykorean

Postby itchykorean » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:36 am

Amoeba is overwhelming. Both the Frisco and Berkeley store. There is just way too many rekids, cds, etc to go thru. I was able to find a copy of AMQA "Cats are neat" on vinyl for my friend tho. Ah, can't wait til February. My annual visit to Frisco.
Original Funko FunKlub Member 0004
Hall Of Fame Class 2005

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”