Looking for info: Star Wars Celebration V Boba Fett variant

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
KnowNothingNerd

Looking for info: Star Wars Celebration V Boba Fett variant

Postby KnowNothingNerd » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:46 am

Hey everyone. I joined the boards to see if any one had any information on a wacky wobbler I have. SW2

It is a Boba Fett Wacky Wobbler that I got a Star Wars Celebration V in August of 2010 in Orlando Florida. I uploaded a pic to imgur here and here. I bought it at the Funko booth prior to the convention opening to the general public.
It is different from the normal Fett in that his flight suit is blue, and his armor is all green vs the red gauntlets and colored jetpack of the normal Fett.
For those that understand the difference, the normal Fett is a Return of the Jedi paint scheme. The Fett I have is an Empire Strikes Back paint scheme (and it made sense, since 2010 was the 30th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back).

I cannot find this Wobbler listed on any sites, nor can I find any information about it. I found a picture here of the Fett in the Funko booth at the con. I also saw a picture of the Fett listed on a checklist site, but it had it listed as the "chase" Fett. It has a chrome base, but it is different than the "chase" variant (Return of the Jedi version on chrome base). It is also not the Holiday/Droids version of Fett.

I guess I'm just stumped why I can't find anything about this Wobbler anywhere. Is it rare/ what was the production size? What is the value of it? :makeitrain:

I was planning on selling or trading off my Wobblers, and want to know more about this one before I do that.

If you have any information I would appreciate it. Thank you!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Re: Looking for info: Star Wars Celebration V Boba Fett vari

Postby ShoMeNodder » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:03 am

Yes, the chase does look different in coloring than the two i have, the one on the right (as you look at it) is the Holiday version.

Could be a pre production paint reject (test shot) ?
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

KnowNothingNerd

Postby KnowNothingNerd » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:30 am

I don't think it was a pre-production. I remember it being advertised as a Celebration Exclusive, but I can't find any blog posts about it. I thought it was being sold at the con... I'm just really baffled. I almost through it on ebay for $15 bucks, and kind of glad I didn't. Might be able to trade it or something.

dakook

Postby dakook » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:35 am

KnowNothingNerd wrote:I don't think it was a pre-production. I remember it being advertised as a Celebration Exclusive, but I can't find any blog posts about it. I thought it was being sold at the con... I'm just really baffled. I almost through it on ebay for $15 bucks, and kind of glad I didn't. Might be able to trade it or something.

The sad truth is, that wobblers aren't worth that much right now. I would hold onto it
ImageImage
Baxter

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”