Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

12-step group?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
mobster75

12-step group?

Postby mobster75 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:13 pm

Is there a 12-step program out there for Funatics? I may need one soon...

Stopped by one of the 3 Newbury Comics near me tonight and came home with Lily Munster, Dudley Do-Right, Goofy Grape, Betty Boop Mermaid, and Kiki the uber heinous Tiki
Last edited by mobster75 on Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

creevox

re

Postby creevox » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:21 pm

Mobster,
Buckle up, sit back and enjoy the ride :lol:

wizeguy
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby wizeguy » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:45 pm

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

YOU ARE HOOKED NOW AND THERE IS NO ESCAPING!!!!!!!!

Great isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seymore Wobblers

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:46 pm

Yes, but it's more like 12 steps inward toward the addiction versus 12 steps out of it!

Let the madness begin!!

:rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain
Cain't you see I'm busy? Now GEEEEIT!!!!

yoohooal
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby yoohooal » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:10 am

One wobbler at a time... :wink:

RiotCityHoods
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby RiotCityHoods » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:31 am

Oh man...It's tough to resist...Believe me. But seriously...No b.s. this is by far the "funnest" collection of ANYTHING i've ever had...Sit back, relax and enjoy the flight...but do be careful!

prudemonkey
Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Hall of Fame Class of 2008

Postby prudemonkey » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:33 am

OK - Just step back and breath deep.

Slow down.....

How does that wobbler look on the shelf? Good right???

Alright, everything is going to be fine.....just fine.

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:28 am

Hi Monkey ! :wave:

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:35 am

Nice Mobster,
Damn I knew I was a good influence on you ! For everone who doesn't know Mobster is a good friend of mine and my computer consultant who keeps the ccomputers going in my business. Top notch guy.
Mobster also Scooter/Kevin, Ron at Nodderworld, Wild Bill and Sluggo always have some great stuff. I'd rather give these guys my $$ and I can trust them, and they treat us Funatics really nicely.
Keep up the addiction it only gets worse ! Also did you sign up on the Funko site to get your Funklub membership package and membership Number ? Check it out and also check out all the cool stuff regarding Vegas at www.Funko.com
Phys :D

mobster75

funklub

Postby mobster75 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:21 am

Ed,

I already hit up the Funko site in its entirety and sent in my check yesterday :)

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:52 am

:dance: :jump: :thumbsup: :hug: :beerchug: :yippee:
Nice Job Mobster !! Get Psyched for Vegas !!
Are you up for a Freddy Funko Tattoo yet ? My treat !! :crazy:

mobster75

tattoo?? Hahahaha

Postby mobster75 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:54 am

Ed,

I'll get a tattoo when you go bungee jumping :D :D :D

gman9

Postby gman9 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:22 pm

HE HE HE....another ADDICT,but this is the best thing in the world to be addicted too,trust me I know what your going through I've been there and I'm still there,and loving every minute of it.... :rain

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:14 pm

Only if you promise to bring a big box of Depends Diapers :oops: . I think I'm too chicken to even watch, I hate heights and enjoy life. Damn with all my injuries from lifting I have found enough ways to injure myself I don't need to look for more ! But... I will take you up on the Funko Freddy tattoo :crazy:

stingray67

Hey Mobster!!!!

Postby stingray67 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:56 pm

It's good that you support your local Funko dealer. You'll find that you save more $$$ if you shop carefully. You don't have to sit and wait and wonder if your package was selected to be pinata for the day by the postal services! Plus you help to support your own community.

Keep it real! And "beware the ides of march"

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:27 pm

Mobster maybe you understand what Stingray means but I sure don't !
1. Support your local Funko dealer ? What Newbury Comics a big chain store, how is that a good thing opposed to giving business to the true hard working dealers who support us and the Boards like Wild Bill, Scooter, Ron (Nodderworld) and Sluggo
2. Save more $ if you shop carefully ? What does this mean ? I have not found better prices at a store than Our "Board " dealers offer us.
3. Sitting, waiting, wondering gee delayed gratification is a very tough thing especially worrying if the postal service is going to be used as a pinata. All I know is every wobbler I have ever bought from Sluggo, Ron, Scooter or Wild Bill could have been dropped from a building and been in great shape. These guys are pros they wrap and mail these wobblers like they are china. They also stand behind each and every sale. Oh and try to find a glow Count Choc. at Newbury comics, any rare stuff can only be found from Our dealers.
4. Our local community is here and the dealers who support us collectors and the Boards.

Slip on the Zipper and "clip the zippo twice" :roll: :?:

Seymore Wobblers

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:17 pm

Guilty! I am ....guilty of not buying from dealers on the board. I started with ebay and 2 local retailers here and just became a creature of habit. In my own ignorance, it took me awhile to understand the connection between Ron, Nodderworld, Scooter, etc. etc and the board. Sometimes I buy locally just because I have to have a "fix." But I decided the other day that it makes more sense to buy most of them through Nodderworld vs. ebay because it's sometimes cheaper and because I have more knowledge and trust in the dealer.

gman9

Postby gman9 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:27 pm

Seymore,I've bought from Ron many,many,many times and talk to him quite often,and you are buying from a true collector that enjoys this hobby just like the rest of us,he is one of the most honest people you could ever deal with,and you can alway expect bullet proof packageing.. :P

topcat32
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby topcat32 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:37 pm

I also started my collection on ebay, almost exclusively! I think the first online store I ordered from was WickedCoolStuff. Then I discovered Nodderworld, and when I joined this board I found ScootersCollectibles and Cameron Collectibles. I hardly ever buy anything from ebay now, unless it's something that the vendors don't carry.

I had the privilege of speaking with Ron a few weeks back. He was very excited about Funko and very passion about selling Funko products. And it's true, his packaging of your order is unbelievable, only a steamroller could destroy it. He's a great guy... I really enjoyed speaking to him.

I recently ordered a few things from Sluggo. Top notch customer service! He sends a personal thank you for your purchase and a personal notification of shipping. And he is very prompt to respond to email.

ED: Who is Wild Bill? What is the URL of his site?
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him TC,
Providing it's with dignity!

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:39 pm

Gman is right . I talk to Ron, Kevin and Wild Bill often they are all great , honest collectors and dealers who have more knowledge that they have forgotten then most of us will ever know.
Sluggo is also a honest, true die hard collector, dealer and nice person.
I feel good giving these guys my business because they care about Funko and us the collectors. They also are honest and stand behind what they sell. They also never cut corners on packing so they arrive Jbark condition minty mint

Physed

Postby Physed » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:45 pm

TC
Check out www.wildbillsonline.com Bill is a great guy in Conn. I bought my first bunch of WWs from him. He's honest, knowledgeable, cool and a true character. Check out his pix. The pix of him and Peter Tork was taking at a comic mag. show I went to and Bill is wearing one of my Company Physical Ed's Fitness Training shirts. Give him a call hes cool

topcat32
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby topcat32 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:02 pm

Thanks ED:

I just took a quick look... your company t-shirt looks cool, but Wild's jacket covers up a great deal. What's the picture on the right side of the shirt (WB's right side)?

Thanks for the link, I'll add it to my favs...
Who's intellectual close friends get to call him TC,

Providing it's with dignity!

Physed

Postby Physed » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:55 am

Nice TC, Give WB a call he's the nicest guy and he has a history of collectables that he's acquired for 30 + years. Have you seen the Wild Bill Wobbler Funko made its really Great !
My company has a gym locker, like a school gym locker a locker room bench a towel sneakers on the floor and its Physical Ed's of course I'm Ed and gym class was (when they required it in school, the old days) Phys. Ed. My company has been incorporated since 1990 and my name and logo are registered trademarks. I'm very lucky I get to work with my beautiful wife and do what I love to do, help people get fit. Thanks TC for the interest

Seymore Wobblers

NodderWorld

Postby Seymore Wobblers » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:35 am

I have now placed my very first order from a dealer. As I had forementioned, I have only bought on eBay or from locals before. So this is a big FunKo moment. I've heard so many good things about Ron that I just had to try out NodderWorld!! :D

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:26 pm

You will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

gman9

Postby gman9 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:39 pm

I second that Kevin,trust me seymore you want be disappointed..he's got bullet proof packageing.. :D

Physed

Postby Physed » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:29 pm

SM good choice Ron IS top notch !

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”