Is there no collector interest in the wacky wobblers?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
MasterSplyntr

Re: Is there no collector interest in the wacky wobblers?

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:56 am

Alleycat wrote:The interest in Wacky Wobblers is alive, but it's bordering on life support..... Only 37 Funatics have expressed interest in new WWs.
:( :( :(

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70332

Missed that thread. Signed! Let's keep that crash cart at bay!
I be Chris

Milotti

Postby Milotti » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:20 pm

I got my Sulley Wacky Wobbler today and it really confirmed to me the coolness of having my fave characters in that style. I've always been meh about most Pops because of the blank eyes, similar sculpts, and lack of detail (there are some Pops that are really cool and stand out but yeah) and Wobblers are the opposite way. I'm also pleased that Sulley is taller than Randy, making them film accurate. I have some large figures from 2001, when the movie first released, that I can't say the same for (Sulley is erroneously smaller than Randall). It'd be cool having future Disney/Pixar characters in this style. I'm sure others feel the same way about their respective fandoms.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Alleycat wrote:The interest in Wacky Wobblers is alive, but it's bordering on life support..... Only 37 Funatics have expressed interest in new WWs.

What a shame, Craig!

At the very least, I would love to see Freddy Wobbler's back at Fundays :(
I'm Abe

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 pm

FWIW, what got me collecting Funko was the Wacky Wobbler line, especially the Food Ad characters and classic cartoons (boo berry, quisp...still need a Quake, Mister Softee, Funny Face. Mr. Magoo, etc). Sad to see they are not thriving like Pops are. Currently more of a niche market i guess. They still remain a favorite part of my all around collection. Not to be negative, but I think they lost a little steam when they went to the modern marvel stuff and were in abundance. For me, they always seemed like a great thowback to the classic ad characters, while funko licensed some awesome obscure lines. Financially that probably wasn't as good, but as a collector I love the old classics.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:22 pm

love the wackys :D
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:17 am

tlaloc666 wrote:love the wackys :D

:thumbleft: Wacky and wonderful...hope to keep seeing the Freddy's at least! Maybe even some new Bone Daddy's or El Diablo's ;-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:52 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

:thumbleft: Wacky and wonderful...hope to keep seeing the Freddy's at least! Maybe even some new Bone Daddy's or El Diablo's ;-)

hey josh :D i talk with my friend about your searching for more bone daddy's :D ;) , he is going the search maybe he can find something ;)
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:57 am

tlaloc666 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

hey josh :D i talk with my friend about your searching for more bone daddy's :D ;) , he is going the search maybe he can find something ;)

I think I know why Tijuana is the happiest place on Earth.... ;-) Thanks so much Kyko!!
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 pm

They started making bobble-heads back in the 1930's out of paper mache, so as a collectible them come in and out of popularity. They are never really gone. They still rank high in my collector universe!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

zfisher323

Postby zfisher323 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi, all! Developer of the Toy Collector Checklist app. Pop! is certainly one of the more popular items in the database. That being said, if anyone wants to provide (or help create) and solid Wacky Wobbler spreadsheet, I would be more than happy to get them added to the application to help with collecting.

Just let me know!

(For those not aware, Toy Collector is a free iOS checklist app available here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toy-col ... 63870?mt=8

It's a near complete Pop! database and also about 80,000 other collectibles. I try to update it daily as a hobby.

Thanks!
Zack

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:34 pm

zfisher323 wrote:Hi, all! Developer of the Toy Collector Checklist app. Pop! is certainly one of the more popular items in the database. That being said, if anyone wants to provide (or help create) and solid Wacky Wobbler spreadsheet, I would be more than happy to get them added to the application to help with collecting.

Just let me know!

(For those not aware, Toy Collector is a free iOS checklist app available here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toy-col ... 63870?mt=8

It's a near complete Pop! database and also about 80,000 other collectibles. I try to update it daily as a hobby.

Thanks!
Zack

Anything for Android?

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

zfisher323

Postby zfisher323 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:47 pm

jagpop wrote:Anything for Android?

Not currently - just me doing this in my spare time, and I don't know how to code in droid yet....

Zack

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:52 pm

If Pops hadn't taken over my collecting, I would still be getting Wobblers regularly. I actually just got the first one in almost two years a week ago, picked up the 10th Doctor at B&N for $6 on clearance. Sadly his head is a little off, as are his eyes, but not the end of the world. If I had a lot more room, like my own man cave, I'd probably still get some once and awhile, but for now, I'm mostly about Pops...and some dorbz...and more Vinyl Idolz if they ever make more.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Cool. Will have to download the app on my iPad. Thanks

videguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby videguy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:25 pm

jagpop wrote:
zfisher323 wrote:Hi, all! Developer of the Toy Collector Checklist app. Pop! is certainly one of the more popular items in the database. That being said, if anyone wants to provide (or help create) and solid Wacky Wobbler spreadsheet, I would be more than happy to get them added to the application to help with collecting.

Just let me know!

Thanks!
Zack

Anything for Android?

Likely soon, working on it(been working on it for a while). It will be based on the Funko Spreadsheet which is being updated.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:19 pm

KultKlassics wrote:I have been collecting pops for a few weeks now so I was surprised to learn the wacky wobblers only sell for $10-18ish even for comic con exclusives (That you can still readily find available from years ago). Unlike pops, which will command a $100+ price tag. So what is the major difference between the pop and wacky wobbler lines? Just trying to better understand before I purchase one. A
Also, I see very few auctions on ebay, everything is mostly just buy it now at a fixed retail price. Which kind of tells me there is little to no demand for them.

For me I started with POPs. I did have a few bobbleheads in general for things I really liked, but bobbleheads for me was just something that always felt very common and also took up a lot of space. I collect POPs because they're cheaper (at retail), smaller, and have a more unique look/feel to them compared to what was already out on the market. I'm sure for this very reason this is why POP exploded over the past few years. I do collect some Wackle Wobblers now as I grew love for Funko, but I'll be honest my love for POPs came first. I'm very selective with my wobbler purchases and I am definitely excited for the new line.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

GOLGO 13

Postby GOLGO 13 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:27 pm

I only REALLY want a few choice WW that are long since retired to the 2nd market. Others I want for customizing purposes.
Most of the pops are not for me. I'm pretty sure my kids would love em.

VinnieNylon

Postby VinnieNylon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 am

Sounds like all us 'old dudes' need to get together and contact Funko HQ to see if there is any chance of a resurgence of some vintage favourites.
To my mind they are the BEST characterisations of the classic ad mascots, they even did a Michelin man and the huge Big Boy is to die for.
Personally I would like to start communicating with other collectors as passionate about the classic ad characters as I am.
Gemini collectables still have a few good bits up for grabs and some are down to as low as 4 bucks for clearance lines.
I would buy tons but they seem to have some shipping carton size limit to the Uk!
AD character lovers get in touch, i'm dying on my own out here in the wilderness. X
Too much stuff is never enough.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:38 am

VinnieNylon wrote:Sounds like all us 'old dudes' need to get together and contact Funko HQ to see if there is any chance of a resurgence of some vintage favourites.
To my mind they are the BEST characterisations of the classic ad mascots, they even did a Michelin man and the huge Big Boy is to die for.
Personally I would like to start communicating with other collectors as passionate about the classic ad characters as I am.
Gemini collectables still have a few good bits up for grabs and some are down to as low as 4 bucks for clearance lines.
I would buy tons but they seem to have some shipping carton size limit to the Uk!
AD character lovers get in touch, i'm dying on my own out here in the wilderness. X

I'd be on board for this! I was talking to someone last night and I brought up the idea of bringing back some Freddy Wobblers for the smaller Funko events like Fright Night. I don't know if that would ever happen, but I love all the old school Wobblers. I do know we are supposedly getting some Funko Original characters in POP and Dorbz form, but I'd still love some more Wobblers.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
VinnieNylon wrote:Sounds like all us 'old dudes' need to get together and contact Funko HQ to see if there is any chance of a resurgence of some vintage favourites.

I'd be on board for this! I was talking to someone last night and I brought up the idea of bringing back some Freddy Wobblers for the smaller Funko events like Fright Night. I don't know if that would ever happen, but I love all the old school Wobblers. I do know we are supposedly getting some Funko Original characters in POP and Dorbz form, but I'd still love some more Wobblers.

I would be on Board for this as well. I would love to see more freddy wobblers.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

VinnieNylon

Postby VinnieNylon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:54 am

Personally its all about the wobblers for me and i'm an old school funko purist.
I started this https://www.flickr.com/groups/funko/pool/ - some 10 years ago and we now have a few members, it was good in the beginning but now has become totally dominated by Pops (which I think have their own group anyway)
Naively I started the group in 2007 and thought that Funko would forever be making the likes of Peter Pez, Bozo, Mr Softee and Boo Berry. How wrong I was and after a period in which i've taken my eye off the ball, I came back to Funko and was astonished to see how much it all has changed.
At the factory they now appear to have been resigned to the stuff of museum glass cases already!

VinnieNylon

Postby VinnieNylon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 am

Two soldiers on board so far, lets make that trip to Funko HQ and picket the factory. They could pay us to go away with bribes of old school wobblers.
40" supermarket Freddy would be enough to get rid of me :)

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:17 am

The more I collect Funko, the more I enjoy the older wobblers. I've been getting as many older star wars Funko items as I can find (and afford) and I'm really digging them!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:48 am

Vinnie you are beating a dead horse. I mean there is a slight possibility we'll see some older characters in the new Wobbler form, but from a business standpoint I don't see it happening.

VinnieNylon

Postby VinnieNylon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

It was humour mate, I mean no way would they resurrect anything of the sort and i'm enjoying the chase of finding stuff that I didn't get first time around :)
Surely by the time it went onto picket lines and being paid off with 40" Freddys you would have known?

Wanted - RICHIE RICH* - $$$ waiting.

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

:D

Craig here......

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:53 am

Alleycat wrote::D

Such a devil you are :evil2: Beautiful! ;-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

VinnieNylon

Postby VinnieNylon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:56 am

Dude nice variants. If you have any job lots for sale i'm buying some of the fairly common wobblers that I missed over the past 10 years or so.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:52 am

Some of the characters are as good or better in wobbler form. Especially if the characters are even slightly campy.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:46 pm

I said i wouldn't generally collect wobblers, but the more and more i saw how cool some of them were, they grew on me and now im trying to aim for all of them to have a complete Iron Man Wobbler collection.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:30 am

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70332

LOVE the old school wobblers but not a fan of the new, sorry Craig. I just don't get a manly Football player or even a Superhero with sad puppy eyes it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully they will evolve over time just like the other lines have but only time will tell. It seems more and more the pop collectors are starting to love all the other older Funko lines so maybe the old school wobbler might come back one day. Even if they try to hit that $10 price point maybe they can go real old school when the arms had to be attached to the body but not sure if that would help at cost. Heck I never thought I would see the day when Spastik would go for a couple hundred dollars a piece, I remember when you couldn't give it away. I also remember when I use to buy as much spastik and wobblers as I could and gifted to new members here in hopes for them to cross that Pop threshold :roflmao:
Last edited by Reverend on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Reverend wrote:

LOVE the old school wobblers but not a fan of the new, sorry Craig. I just don't get a manly Football player or even a Superhero with sad puppy eyes it just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully they will evolve over time just like the other lines have but only time will tell. It seems more and more the pop collectors are starting to loving all the other older Funko lines so maybe the old school wobbler might come back one day. Even if they try to hit that $10 price point maybe they can go real old school when the arms had to be attached to the body but not sure if that would help at cost. Heck I never thought I would see the day when Spastik would go for a couple hundred dollars a piece, I remember when you couldn't give it away. I also remember when I use to buy as much spastik and wobblers as I could and gifted to new members here in hopes for them to cross that Pop threshold :roflmao:

Agreed. I'm not sold on the new ones yet just because of the eyes. The old style is what has drawn me to them and lately I've been buying more Wackys and Spastiks and even Dorbz than Pop! Not saying I'm done with Pop! but the older vinyl pieces and wobblers have won me over!!!
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:36 pm

I'd still like to see Freddy in the new form. I'm not sure I'll like it, but I'd still like for it to happen.

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:38 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I'd still like to see Freddy in the new form. I'm not sure I'll like it, but I'd still like for it to happen.

Don't say that, then that means I would have to collect them. Yeah I know I have issues #-o
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Reverend wrote:Don't say that, then that means I would have to collect them. Yeah I know I have issues #-o

:roflmao: Okay fine I retract my statement. I've still got a billion older Freddy's to keep me busy for eternity.

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:23 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Reverend wrote:Don't say that, then that means I would have to collect them. Yeah I know I have issues #-o

:roflmao: Okay fine I retract my statement. I've still got a billion older Freddy's to keep me busy for eternity.

I still haven't gotten my FIRST Freddy Wobbler yet. Let's hold off on any new ones.
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Barryyyyy wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

I still haven't gotten my FIRST Freddy Wobbler yet. Let's hold off on any new ones.

Agreed!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm still looking for and buying some of the old Wacky Wobblers, but I haven't warmed up to the new designs yet.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:31 am

Barryyyyy wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Whatever the form, I'm always Freddy Ready !!!!! :love4:

Craig here......

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:57 am

I've seen slight increase in interest with the new Wobbler (dropping the Wacky) line.

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”