Plastic sweating

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Toys R Us Kid

Re: Plastic sweating

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:19 pm

fbingha wrote:At this point I would go get 400 - 1200 grit sandpaper and wet sand the area to try to salvage it.

This sounds a little scary too. Can vinyl be sanded and polished? I'm not well versed in touch ups. If this is a common method, I'll try it out. I don't have much to lose at this point.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

fbingha

Re: Plastic sweating

Postby fbingha » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
fbingha wrote:At this point I would go get 400 - 1200 grit sandpaper and wet sand the area to try to salvage it.

This sounds a little scary too. Can vinyl be sanded and polished? I'm not well versed in touch ups. If this is a common method, I'll try it out. I don't have much to lose at this point.

If you're working with vinyl that is unpainted, why not? I've never needed to do it but at the worst, you'll lose shine in the spot. If the discoloration is into the vinyl, the sanding isn't going to help.

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”