Exclusives vs. Regular Version

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
omlifecrew

Exclusives vs. Regular Version

Postby omlifecrew » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 pm

Throughout my searches for wobblers/pop (mostly star wars), I have seen several different versions. For example I have seen Yoda pop #2 Walgreens exclusives with Walgreens sticker on them, and the exact same wobbler without the Walgreens exclusive. Is there a difference?

poppetmaster

Re: Exclusives vs. Regular Version

Postby poppetmaster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:48 am

I believe the difference is only the base color. Someone with more experience with Wobblers should chime in!

dakook

Postby dakook » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 am

The Star Wars wobble chases have different colored bases, usually chrome, and no sticker most of the time.
There are many wobbler chases that have a difference other than the base though
ImageImage
Baxter

Funko5ker

Postby Funko5ker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:45 pm

The Yoda glow in the dark wobbler was not from Walgreens. It was a SDCC exclusive in 2008. There are two versions, the regular black base, and the chase chrome base, which is incredibly hard to find ](*,)
Unless you are talking about the pop, which is from Walgreens, and I think there is only one version, sticker or stickerless.
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 pm

There are a few SW wobblers with multiple different stickers...obi-wan spirit and one of the Han or Luke troopers come to mind. As far as base variation, rob is right. They were 1:36 ratio so the lower the LE, the harder the chase piece was/is to find. The clone wars wobblers had white based instead of black but h chase was still chrome. There is also a LE one or 2 white base Santa Vader but that really doesn't count because it's more a color reject than a variant
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

omlifecrew

Postby omlifecrew » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:23 pm

What about the difference in packaging types/colors? I have seen 3 versions of Bobba Fet, for example, in a light white box with a front facing stormtrooper icon in the corner, a blue box with the profile of a trooper, and the all clear box with red and Darth Vader in the corner. Would it make sense to collect all three types of boxes to complete the collection/series or is there no difference among the bobbleheads?

Thanks again in advance!

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:18 pm

omlifecrew wrote:What about the difference in packaging types/colors? I have seen 3 versions of Bobba Fet, for example, in a light white box with a front facing stormtrooper icon in the corner, a blue box with the profile of a trooper, and the all clear box with red and Darth Vader in the corner. Would it make sense to collect all three types of boxes to complete the collection/series or is there no difference among the bobbleheads?

Thanks again in advance!

Since they kept rereleasing some figures, As they made new wobblers, they put boba in the new box...the clear with red were first, followed by the blue boxes, I forget the order. I personally only collect for the figure, not the box, but that's up to the collector.
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Great questions.... and answers !!!

I now have a difficult time know which of my wobblers are chase - except the ones with chrome bases. Would have been helpful if they had put stickers on the boxes. Would also be nice if they labeled which foot to put in which slipper. #-o

Craig here......

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Alleycat wrote:Great questions.... and answers !!!

I now have a difficult time know which of my wobblers are chase - except the ones with chrome bases. Would have been helpful if they had put stickers on the boxes. Would also be nice if they labeled which foot to put in which slipper. #-o

Hard to tell which wobblers are PROTOS right, Craig!? :^o

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”