Vader Tie Fighter Chase

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
NavyCop

Vader Tie Fighter Chase

Postby NavyCop » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:15 pm

So I have this and the grey one. Was the production run on these small or were a lot made?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Host of the Nerds Take On The World podcast and a rabid Funko collector. What is better in life?
http://www.nerdstakeworld.com/

IG:NerdsTakeOnTheWorld

Still hunting for Huckleberry Hound Bank(any color but production blue) and Hanna Barbera Pez Wobblers/protos

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Vader Tie Fighter Chase

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:31 pm

I've never seen that before!! Is this a recent find or something you've had!? :-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Ive had it for a while. I got this and the grey one a few years back. Only recently did any searches to find out this was the chase. I wrongly assumed it was a paint error and more of them existed. Now I'm trying to figure out if they were rare in 2007 or if it was a large production run of them and Lukes XWing.
Host of the Nerds Take On The World podcast and a rabid Funko collector. What is better in life?

Still hunting for Huckleberry Hound Bank(any color but production blue) and Hanna Barbera Pez Wobblers/protos

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:36 pm

I missed out on a lot of the 2007/2008 Wobblers due to being overseas and the only ones i saw those years were at ComicCon(and wasn't easy packing them for the return flights). I started going back and grabbing them up when i see stuff from that time frame that i was interested in and missed out on.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:46 pm

That really cool! Never seen it before, Congrats!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:44 pm

So, most SW chase pieces were 1:36, however, there were less of than 36 of these per master case. The Black is the chase piece, so lets say there were 16 pieces in a master case. This one would have been a 1:16 chase. I wasn't around when these came out, so I can't remember the exact master case number, but they don't show up too often.
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Yes Jordan is correct, they do not show up too often anymore.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:00 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Yes Jordan is correct, they do not show up too often anymore.

We need a 'Funko Historian Stamp of Approval' so you can mark things you know to be accurate easily :)

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 pm

JobaFett wrote:So, most SW chase pieces were 1:36, however, there were less of than 36 of these per master case. The Black is the chase piece, so lets say there were 16 pieces in a master case. This one would have been a 1:16 chase. I wasn't around when these came out, so I can't remember the exact master case number, but they don't show up too often.

I found this thread with Brian saying this was also a 1 in 36. So maybe not one per master case if a master case of these wasn't 36 in it? Maybe one in ever couple master case?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14429

*Edit* reread this was one in three cases possibly(12 to a case).

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:29 pm

JobaFett wrote:

We need a 'Funko Historian Stamp of Approval' so you can mark things you know to be accurate easily :)

This ^

Who can do this for us?
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:23 pm

NavyCop wrote:
JobaFett wrote:So, most SW chase pieces were 1:36, however, there were less of than 36 of these per master case. The Black is the chase piece, so lets say there were 16 pieces in a master case. This one would have been a 1:16 chase. I wasn't around when these came out, so I can't remember the exact master case number, but they don't show up too often.

I found this thread with Brian saying this was also a 1 in 36. So maybe not one per master case if a master case of these wasn't 36 in it? Maybe one in ever couple master case?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14429

*Edit* reread this was one in three cases possibly(12 to a case).

I do remember reading that. So close, I got the smaller master case count right, just botched the actual ratio :) still a very cool piece. Still easier to find than an Ahsoka Tano Chase or Hollywood Video Blue Clone Chase too :D

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 am

Jordan, do you know if that was a large production run though? Like were several thousand of the grey ones made? I've seen a couple of these black ones pop up which led me to assume it was a fairly common chase or just wasn't very popular.

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:17 am

Josh, I was trying to figure out how to display the set recently and started googling/searching about them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:56 am

NavyCop wrote:Jordan, do you know if that was a large production run though? Like were several thousand of the grey ones made? I've seen a couple of these black ones pop up which led me to assume it was a fairly common chase or just wasn't very popular.

run numbers for common piece are tough. if they sold 500 master cases, which would be 6000 units, that would make there be only ~166 black TIE's out there. 6000 seems like a lot at the time, but it could have been more or it could have been less, only Funko (and maybe not even them) know for sure.

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:28 pm

JobaFett wrote:
NavyCop wrote:Jordan, do you know if that was a large production run though? Like were several thousand of the grey ones made? I've seen a couple of these black ones pop up which led me to assume it was a fairly common chase or just wasn't very popular.

run numbers for common piece are tough. if they sold 500 master cases, which would be 6000 units, that would make there be only ~166 black TIE's out there. 6000 seems like a lot at the time, but it could have been more or it could have been less, only Funko (and maybe not even them) know for sure.

I always forget that even the older pieces were a mystery if the box wasn't a numbered edition. Oh well, I can't wait until I figure out how to hang these so they "fly" in front of the Vader Art and "chase" Luke's XWing.

Thanks again O Man Of Infinite Funko Knowledge.

:cheers:

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:09 pm

NavyCop wrote:Josh, I was trying to figure out how to display the set recently and started googling/searching about them.

They look great regardless!! Very nice set!! :thumbleft: love the little Vader print too :-$
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:43 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
They look great regardless!! Very nice set!! :thumbleft: love the little Vader print too :-$

I'm a huge fan of the Hand over the Hero series. I think it meshes well with Funko collectables. The artist (Tony Paulsen) also collects some Funko items and is at alot of Cons. He did a couple originals for me this past fall and I have all his Star Wars prints.

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:15 pm

BigM wrote:
JobaFett wrote:

This ^

Who can do this for us?

Not my best work, but not horrible for a 10 minute throw together

mustangkelly17

Postby mustangkelly17 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:16 pm

All this talk of the black tie fighter makes me want one even more.

Very nice artwork, Navycop!

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:17 pm

NavyCop wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

I'm a huge fan of the Hand over the Hero series. I think it meshes well with Funko collectables. The artist (Tony Paulsen) also collects some Funko items and is at alot of Cons. He did a couple originals for me this past fall and I have all his Star Wars prints.

I need to get my hands on that Palpatine print!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:22 pm

NavyCop wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

They all look great :compress: Where is the artist based??
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:17 am

He is based out of the West Coast but he was at NYCC this year with the Art Whino group and SLCC.

You can order direct his prints and even some of his originals. The prints at 10$ fit perfect in a Ikea frame that goes for 5$ so anyone on any kind of budget can get into his work for sure. http://thetonus.bigcartel.com/products

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:19 am

The hard part in this all is I'm redoing my Toy/collection Room so Figuring out what gets displayed and how is driving me batty.

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:30 am

NavyCop wrote:He is based out of the West Coast but he was at NYCC this year with the Art Whino group and SLCC.

You can order direct his prints and even some of his originals. The prints at 10$ fit perfect in a Ikea frame that goes for 5$ so anyone on any kind of budget can get into his work for sure. http://thetonus.bigcartel.com/products

Thank you. Ordered the Palpatine and the Boba Fett this morning, $26 shipped is hard to argue with

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:52 pm

JobaFett wrote:
Thank you. Ordered the Palpatine and the Boba Fett this morning, $26 shipped is hard to argue with

You are welcome.

I agree, his prices are very good. He also has T shirts and stickers he is doing in a deal with another artist group. Very fun stuff. I was over on his instagram today actually and saw a Yogi Bear sketch commission he was working on. Just fun simple pieces.

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Jordan, since you're in Stafford do you ever go to National Harbor? The Art Whino store there always has a lot of cool art(including star wars stuff) and Toys/Collectables. Even generally has a decent little vinyl toys stash with some POPs.
Last edited by NavyCop on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Postby TheJobaFett » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:41 pm

NavyCop wrote:Jordan, since your in Stafford do you ever go to National Harbor? The Art Whino store there always has a lot of cool art(including star wars stuff) and Toys/Collectables. Even generally has a decent little vinyl toys stash with some POPs.

I pass by there everytime I head to my parents or In-Law's house. We were actually there this past weekend. I will have to check that store out, always looking for a new brick and mortar store to spend money in :D

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:05 pm

I see someone listed their Chase Tie Fighter.

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”