Before Pops

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
NCDS

Re: Before Pops

Postby NCDS » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:41 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
NCDS wrote:I got my first Wobbler today, since it they started before POP's does that mean I traveled through time?

Congratulations! Let's see it so we can figure out what year you went back to :razz:

Here he is:

ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Just buy what you like! Funko has made many lines over the years and not all have been a success, but also not a failure in the eyes of some collectors. Many of the longtime Funko collectors have several lines of Funko products in their collections. I have been at this since 1999 and I have a little of everything in my Funko room. Wacky Wobblers will always be my favorite, but there are many characters who come in several lines of Funko and it is always a cool thing to see different versions of the same character. There are some very creative people at Funko, enjoy what they make and I foresee Dorbz kicking POP's a** in the future.

Pop deserves if for what it did to Wacky wobblers ;-)

Seriously, buy what you like and don't buy something for an investment. Buy it because it makes you smile :D
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:14 am

kevinbuddha wrote:Just buy what you like! Funko has made many lines over the years and not all have been a success, but also not a failure in the eyes of some collectors. Many of the longtime Funko collectors have several lines of Funko products in their collections. I have been at this since 1999 and I have a little of everything in my Funko room. Wacky Wobblers will always be my favorite, but there are many characters who come in several lines of Funko and it is always a cool thing to see different versions of the same character. There are some very creative people at Funko, enjoy what they make and I foresee Dorbz kicking POP's a** in the future.

Pop deserves if for what it did to Wacky wobblers ;-)

Seriously, buy what you like and don't buy something for an investment. Buy it because it makes you smile :D

Well said, Professor Dinosaur. Collect what you love. I view the meteoric rise of pops as the exception, not the rule. I do see Dorbz as the fresh legs in the funko stable with plenty of room to grow. I love collecting disney in all the funko platforms and am excited to see every new vinyl experiment. The blox are one extinct line that are such a treasure to me, but they are worth about $3 each. Such a fun funko ride so far. :)
Got Pixie Dust?

FunkoNewb
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby FunkoNewb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:36 pm

This was a fun read. Loved seeing Bear's photos!
Mike, ISO Freddy Spider-Man wobbler proto and Green GITD Infredible Hulk wobbler.
IG: mikemcc83

videguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby videguy » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Here are pictures of the Vans pieces Stephe mentioned, they are great pieces:
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Thank you John! Vader is one of my all time favorite Funko pieces!!
Funklub: 11181

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Kinda off topic (kinda) but I also agree that POP!'s are in their prime and Dorbz will be the next big Funko success...at least I hope lol I've noticed myself not buying as many POP!'s as I was a few months ago but rather starting to buy more Dorbz :-" I think one of the main problems is that Funko is starting to reach the bottom of the barrel with licenses for POP!'s. I'm sure some will disagree but that's just my opinion
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

big_pun_209

Postby big_pun_209 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:19 pm

videguy wrote:Here are pictures of the Vans pieces Stephe mentioned, they are great pieces:

Yea those are awesome! Would love to add those to the collection some day...
AKA: Rob
Image Image

Viva La Rev!!

EZA

Postby EZA » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:34 pm

The appeal of Dorbz for many is the price point, cute factor and also space saving compared to Pops LOL I was talking to a huge Vinylmation collector 1500+ pieces and he has recently started focusing more on Dorbz because of the look being more to the likeness of the characters versus the Vinylmation figures. I only have 3 Dorbz from the Marvel sub boxes I have some ReAction I have a few Vinyl Idolz. My main focus is Pop and Spastik which I am getting more into lately. When I buy outside of Pop its usually because certain characters ar enot availble in Pop form (ReAction Jaws, Patrick Bateman Vinyl Idolz etc..) Toys are getting to a point which reminds me of comic books in the early 90s where the speculators thought here is my retirement fund and my kids college fund and they bought hundreds and hundreds of variant cover, holographic, wrap around, multiple covers blah blah and now due to oversaturation those books are worth $1-$2 a pop. So collect what you like it’s what I have always done whether it was comics, records, or toys and enjoy it a hobby is for fun and enjoyment if you want to make money open a business and take advantage of the high prices. When the heat dies down it will be nice to fill in the collection with some pieces whose prices have greatly reduced!

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:13 am

As a big vinylmation collector...back in the day....I agree on the similarities and appeal of dorbz in comparison to vinylmation.
Got Pixie Dust?

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:12 pm

Before the excitement..

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:50 am

icemanfan44 wrote:some higher value wobblers were limited runs or chases or both. 1/12 Freddy chases. 1/6 Pez wobblers and the like

Need a lot of these!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:41 am

icemanfan44 wrote:some higher value wobblers were limited runs or chases or both. 1/12 Freddy chases. 1/6 Pez wobblers and the like

You have a great collection !!! Thanks for sharing it, great posts and thanks for the history info too
:freddy3:

MikeySanz

Postby MikeySanz » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Hold on! What!? I must know more!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”