Where do you hunt Wobblers?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
jagpop

Where do you hunt Wobblers?

Postby jagpop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm fairly new to the Wobbler side of Funko. Few months ago I found some Banana Splits SDCC Wobblers at a swapmeet and have since had the itch to build my collection. Since they are not as mainstream anymore, where do you find your Wobblers?

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Where do you hunt Wobblers?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 pm

You talking about new or old school ones? I'll occasionally see new ones at comic book stores, Barnes & Noble, and Vintage Stock. For old school stuff here or eBay is your best bet.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 pm

I have heard that some have even shown up at flea markets.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:You talking about new or old school ones? I'll occasionally see new ones at comic book stores, Barnes & Noble, and Vintage Stock. For old school stuff here or eBay is your best bet.

Yeah, sold school ones. I see them here and there at the swapmeets but they are hard to come by.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:52 pm

jagpop wrote:Yeah, sold school ones. I see them here and there at the swapmeets but they are hard to come by.

If you have some particular ones you are looking for I'd recommend making a WTB thread. Lots of the older collectors don't post much, but they still browse the forum. I got several messages the last time I made a thread. Good luck and welcome to the Wobble Side :D

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
jagpop wrote:Yeah, sold school ones. I see them here and there at the swapmeets but they are hard to come by.

If you have some particular ones you are looking for I'd recommend making a WTB thread. Lots of the older collectors don't post much, but they still browse the forum. I got several messages the last time I made a thread. Good luck and welcome to the Wobble Side :D

Good idea. I don't know how much is out there. I'll have to Google some lines. Thanks.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Forgot to mention, you can check out Gemini they have some wobblers on clearance.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:22 pm

willy wonka wrote:Forgot to mention, you can check out Gemini they have some wobblers on clearance.

I'll check them out. I keep forgetting about that section of their store. Thanks.

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Definitely eBay for old school ones. About half of my collection has been from there. Some people are selling in Mercari as well
Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm

retro_spooner wrote:Definitely eBay for old school ones. About half of my collection has been from there. Some people are selling in Mercari as well

Love your collection man! I'd be lying if I said I didn't drool over some of your Instagram posts lol

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:21 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
retro_spooner wrote:Definitely eBay for old school ones. About half of my collection has been from there. Some people are selling in Mercari as well

Love your collection man! I'd be lying if I said I didn't drool over some of your Instagram posts lol

Thanks dude! Yeah, the collection grew very quickly. You got a pretty cool one going on yourself!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 pm

I'll check out Mercari. I haven't purchased anything on there. Similar to CL?

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:38 pm

jagpop wrote:

I'll check out Mercari. I haven't purchased anything on there. Similar to CL?

Wouldn't really compare it to Craigslist. It's a marketplace app where people can sell their stuff and ship from all over the country. More like eBay in a sense, but without auctions.

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:19 pm

jagpop wrote:I'm fairly new to the Wobbler side of Funko. Few months ago I found some Banana Splits SDCC Wobblers at a swapmeet and have since had the itch to build my collection. Since they are not as mainstream anymore, where do you find your Wobblers?

I have found a few at FYE, Hastings and local old school record shops. Try even the comic book stores :) Good luck on the hunt Jagpop.

Is there a specific theme or genre you are hoping to collect?
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

Barryyyyy

Postby Barryyyyy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:52 pm

I've recently beefed up my Wobbler collection (I'm
on the hunt if anybody has any for sale/trade). I've found the two best sources, for me anyway, are eBay (where if you put in different terms/words in your search, you'd be surprised the pieces that pop up....and for cheap!) and right here on the forum. Have had the good fortune of befriending some of the old-timers who are more than willing to trade for some newer items that they may have trouble finding. Good luck!
Hi! I'm Barry

Instagram: barryyyyy_mac

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 am

I find it odd that no one has mentioned Amazon. When I first started collecting, wobblers were what I found first, as I wanted bobbleheads. Amazon has quite a selection, depending on what you want, and most of them are pretty cheap. If pops hadn't come into my life, I'd have quite a wacky wobbler collection. :d
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:48 am

Jezter wrote:I find it odd that no one has mentioned Amazon. When I first started collecting, wobblers were what I found first, as I wanted bobbleheads. Amazon has quite a selection, depending on what you want, and most of them are pretty cheap. If pops hadn't come into my life, I'd have quite a wacky wobbler collection. :d

I'll check out Amazon. But you're right, Amazon tends to be an afterthought when purchasing anything. Thanks for the tip.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:49 am

Barryyyyy wrote:I've recently beefed up my Wobbler collection (I'm
on the hunt if anybody has any for sale/trade). I've found the two best sources, for me anyway, are eBay (where if you put in different terms/words in your search, you'd be surprised the pieces that pop up....and for cheap!) and right here on the forum. Have had the good fortune of befriending some of the old-timers who are more than willing to trade for some newer items that they may have trouble finding. Good luck!

I'll hit up some of the old-timers. Maybe I'll have some luck.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:51 am

jagpop wrote:
Jezter wrote:I find it odd that no one has mentioned Amazon. When I first started collecting, wobblers were what I found first, as I wanted bobbleheads. Amazon has quite a selection, depending on what you want, and most of them are pretty cheap. If pops hadn't come into my life, I'd have quite a wacky wobbler collection. :d

I'll check out Amazon. But you're right, Amazon tends to be an afterthought when purchasing anything. Thanks for the tip.

jagpop wrote:
MorbidGee wrote:

I'm looking for some of the Banana Splits Wobblers. I found some a few months ago with some funky colors that looked really cool.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:45 am

When I was on my mission of finding every Iron Man Wacky Wobbler production piece (including chase), I purchased most off eBay, with a few of the more rare pieces coming from older collectors and a small handful from eBay. Using the search feature on the forum can help you get information and read through older threads that might lead you in the right direction.
I'm Abe

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:44 am

I browsed eBay for a couple older Star Wars ones and surprisingly some stores overseas have quite a few left on the shelves at $14-$20, a lot are even priced BOGO half off or BOGO. I managed to get a couple older SDCC wobblers and chase transformers wobblers over in Singapore. Which ones are you looking for?
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:I browsed eBay for a couple older Star Wars ones and surprisingly some stores overseas have quite a few left on the shelves at $14-$20, a lot are even priced BOGO half off or BOGO. I managed to get a couple older SDCC wobblers and chase transformers wobblers over in Singapore. Which ones are you looking for?

I'm looking for some of the Banana Splits Wobblers. I found some a few months ago with some funky colors that looked really cool.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:20 pm

jagpop wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:I browsed eBay for a couple older Star Wars ones and surprisingly some stores overseas have quite a few left on the shelves at $14-$20, a lot are even priced BOGO half off or BOGO. I managed to get a couple older SDCC wobblers and chase transformers wobblers over in Singapore. Which ones are you looking for?

I've used everything from eBay & Amazon, to FB & especially Gemini. The most useful thing I've found is to make a list especially if your hunting Wobbler chases. Some of those have such subtle differences that most people don't even notice them when they are listed somewhere for sale. I would advise about ordering from China or Asia...not saying there are no legit wobblers over there, but there are quite a few fakes...especially with the Rat Finks. Shoot me a list in a pm and I'm always happy to help you watch or can message you if I come across something your looking for :-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:23 pm

MyLittleFunkos wrote:When I was on my mission of finding every Iron Man Wacky Wobbler production piece (including chase), I purchased most off eBay, with a few of the more rare pieces coming from older collectors and a small handful from eBay. Using the search feature on the forum can help you get information and read through older threads that might lead you in the right direction.

This guy is truly a bloodhound! I hope to one day be as good at tracking down Wobblers as you Abe :bow: Your Iron Man Wobbler collection is truly an inspiration =D>
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Usually Toys R Us, or GameStop.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:35 pm

TRU & Barnes n Noble.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:44 am

Toys R Us has some Wobblers. But not a lot.
29/Male/CHINESE

NavyCop

Postby NavyCop » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 am

I run across them at smaller toy based swap meets around the NE and Midatlantic. Also see alot of older ones in the nostalgia collectables stores. Picked up the SDCC Glow Green Goblin not long ago for 8$ in a weird little collectables shop.
Host of the Nerds Take On The World podcast and a rabid Funko collector. What is better in life?
http://www.nerdstakeworld.com/

IG:NerdsTakeOnTheWorld

Still hunting for Huckleberry Hound Bank(any color but production blue) and Hanna Barbera Pez Wobblers/protos

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Right now, local flea markets.
29/Male/CHINESE

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Mostly swap meets and antique malls for me.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Mon May 08, 2017 10:33 pm

These days swap meets and a couple locations in LA. Aahs! in West wood had a few last time I was there.
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon May 08, 2017 11:09 pm

Kungfutoys wrote:These days swap meets and a couple locations in LA. Aahs! in West wood had a few last time I was there.

I'll have to check out that place in Westwood. I don't venture that way often.

kyten

Postby kyten » Thu May 11, 2017 11:44 am

I've seen a few at Comics n Stuff in San Diego, but not a lot. I've got a few on Gemini as well. I also snagged an older Halo wobbler for my boyfriend on the Popcultcha website.
Hi, I'm Mary! | San Diego, CA
@thisgeekylife on instagram

Lasd6141

Postby Lasd6141 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:53 am

I think I've only seen one woobler, and that was at bn . Not a collector ......yet lol
ImageImageImage

twinkjelly

Postby twinkjelly » Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 pm

First post!

Got into wobblers after finding out about pops. Love em!

Buy them at comic shops that have them on consignment and ebay. I just bought the Halo set. :)

funkofinderz

Postby funkofinderz » Sat May 13, 2017 6:57 pm

I'd suggest you check out Amazon. I was able to obtain a Princess Leia for only $5. There's a lot of good deals to be had on Amazon. You may also want to check your local comic shops. They can sometimes have some of the classic Wobblers.

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Newberry Comics in Boston always has some...

snapstar

Postby snapstar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

I always find some at flea markets, toy shows, record stores and some indoor markets that have toys and antiques. Mostly older common ones but still nice to find. Picked up a El Diablo from a little punk record shop last week actually had a pretty big selection as far as wobblers go.
ImageImageImage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:41 am

Crazily enough, a Darth Vader wobbler was my first Funko item...and I didn't even realize it until years later (after I'd started collecting Pops) and saw that Funko did the wobblers too
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:01 pm

My fave hunts are GameStop and Barnes & Noble.
29/Male/CHINESE

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”