Looking to Exit Wacky Wobblers (Star Wars) - Value, Selling?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
sleepywan

Looking to Exit Wacky Wobblers (Star Wars) - Value, Selling?

Postby sleepywan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:24 pm

I started collecting the Wacky Wobblers for Star Wars years ago (well after they became big collectibles), but I ended up getting nearly all of them (except the Clone Wars & Holiday ones). I believe I currently have 57 of them.

I became disappointed with them (well, Funko) when they stopped making the current style after wave 1 of The Force Awakens. In December 2016, actually the day Carrie Fisher passed away, I decided to start collecting Pop!s instead due to how many more characters there are, so looking to unload them to feed my Star Wars Pop! addiction.

Long story short, I'd like to sell off my entire Wacky Wobblers collection but had a few questions.

1. Not all of them are in the PPG database. Ones I have that aren't listed: Holo Darth Maul, Slave Leia (chrome base), Luke as Stormtrooper, R2-Q2, R2-R9, Shadow Stormtrooper. I've done a few searches, including eBay, and can't even find these on there for sale to get an estimated value. Anywhere else to look?

2. What are the chances of me selling this as a single collection vs. piecing them out? I know some aren't worth much and might be tough to unload. Anyone recommend a good place to try and sell the entire collection?

TheJobaFett
HoF 2017 & Rookie
HoF 2017 & Rookie

Re: Looking to Exit Wacky Wobblers (Star Wars) - Value, Selling?

Postby TheJobaFett » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Selling the whole collection at once is gonna be hard. Most of them individually you would be lucky to get $10-$15 each. Some of the exclusives and chases you can get a bit more for but the demand for wobblers just isn't there anymore.

If you happen across a chase R2-Q2 or chase hollywood video blue Clone Trooper, I know a guy who might be interested:)
ImageImageMay the Funko Be With You

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:02 am

To Jordan, you listen.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 am

JobaFett wrote:Selling the whole collection at once is gonna be hard. Most of them individually you would be lucky to get $10-$15 each. Some of the exclusives and chases you can get a bit more for but the demand for wobblers just isn't there anymore.

If you happen across a chase R2-Q2 or chase hollywood video blue Clone Trooper, I know a guy who might be interested:)

I thoughtit would be easier to sell the whole lot than piece them out, but so far, you are correct. I'm getting offers for 8-10 individual pieces, but then that leaves me with 40+ pieces no one will want as a collective. I just don't have the patience to try and sell things 1 at a time. I'd rather keep the whole lot, as I think it's a good collection.

However, I do not have the chases you're looking for. TBH when I started collecting these, I didn't know about chases or rarity of the exclusives. I just liked how they looked and wanted to whole set. Only now after researching their value and being more familiar with the Pops have I learned I have some rare pieces or that there are tons more chases out there that I didn't even know about.
Last edited by sleepywan on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:56 am

Interesting. I'd like to see a list of the Wacky Wobblers you have, please.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33 am

Same here, if you have a list, I'd be interested in checking them out. Maybe you can post a picture of all of them?

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:Interesting. I'd like to see a list of the Wacky Wobblers you have, please.

jagpop wrote:Same here, if you have a list, I'd be interested in checking them out. Maybe you can post a picture of all of them?

PMed the list and photos.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

I would be interested in seeing what you have as well! If you have troopers i may be interested in buying a bundle!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I would be interested in seeing what you have as well! If you have troopers i may be interested in buying a bundle!
I appreciate the interest, but I'm not planning to sell individual pieces.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Sounds like you might be able to post on these boards and sell quite a few, lol. I'd also be interested to see what you have...but I wouldn't want them all as I already have about 20.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Megacam wrote:Sounds like you might be able to post on these boards and sell quite a few, lol. I'd also be interested to see what you have...but I wouldn't want them all as I already have about 20.

There's an eBay auction with 58 Star Wars Wobblers :-"
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Megacam wrote:Sounds like you might be able to post on these boards and sell quite a few, lol. I'd also be interested to see what you have...but I wouldn't want them all as I already have about 20.

There's an eBay auction with 58 Star Wars Wobblers :-"

:SW3:

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:16 pm

JobaFett wrote:Selling the whole collection at once is gonna be hard. Most of them individually you would be lucky to get $10-$15 each. Some of the exclusives and chases you can get a bit more for but the demand for wobblers just isn't there anymore.

That's so weird. What a coincidence. I know a guy who would be interested too.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:39 pm

clashcityrocker33 wrote:

Hey, who said you guys were interesting? ;-) Oh, interested..............does it even exist?
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

clashcityrocker33

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
clashcityrocker33 wrote:

Hey, who said you guys were interesting? ;-) Oh, interested..............does it even exist?

I can't speak for Jordan but I am definitely the exact opposite of this guy:

But to answer your question, I can't prove they exist but that doesn't stop me from trying to find them. Good to hear from you Kev.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

videguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby videguy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:21 pm

I sold off the common version as a big lot a couple of years ago. I think it was $5.00 each. I was glad for the extra room. I kept the chase versions.
John there

June 2008 Collector of the Month

The only difference between brilliance and stupidity is that brilliance has limits.

http://www.funkospreadsheet.com

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:52 am

videguy wrote:I sold off the common version as a big lot a couple of years ago. I think it was $5.00 each. I was glad for the extra room. I kept the chase versions.

If I could get $10 for each common (as a lot), I know I'd have no problem selling the chases and exclusives and probably get around what I hoped for the lot. However, I just don't have the patience to sell these individually and I don't really need the money that badly right now.

In fact, I'm more tempted now to just put up another shelf in my office and put these all on display again since I'm finding out how rare some of these actually are. But I am a bit disappointed that I don't have the whole set when I thought I did (excluiding Clone Wars). lol

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Just sold my lot on ebay, so I guess my question of value has been answered. The rare items (like the Darth Maul and Slave Leia chase) would be around $40-50, and some of those clone troopers/shadow troopers would be around $30-40 if I total up what I received for the lot.

I'm officially now out of the wobblers game. Using the money to pay for all the autographs I've prepaid for on Pop!s at Star Wars Celebration and for the new Pop!s coming out.

Thanks again everyone. Back to the Pop! forum for me.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Congrats on the sale! Hopefully you can collect some small sets of wobblers.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:39 am

willy wonka wrote:Congrats on the sale! Hopefully you can collect some small sets of wobblers.

Thank you!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”