Bobs Big Boy Wobbler Help....

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Funkofreak014

Bobs Big Boy Wobbler Help....

Postby Funkofreak014 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi Everyone - I am having difficulty with uploading pictures, but I was going through some of my Wobbler collection and came across this Bobs Big Boy. After reading the last post about the different types, this one struck me as odd, since it isn't shiny like the others, but a matte almost dull finish, as shown in the last pictures on that other thread. But here is the kicker.... It doesn't have a silver base. Just a white base and no color on the bottom. Was there another edition? This came in the box that reads "In Funko We Trust" on the bottom. Could this be a painted prototype? The lettering on the front is also extremely small compared to others. Any help would be appreciated. I will try and upload pictures to this thread. Many Thanks!

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Bobs Big Boy Wobbler Help....

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:16 am

Funkofreak014 wrote:Hi Everyone - I am having difficulty with uploading pictures, but I was going through some of my Wobbler collection and came across this Bobs Big Boy. After reading the last post about the different types, this one struck me as odd, since it isn't shiny like the others, but a matte almost dull finish, as shown in the last pictures on that other thread. But here is the kicker.... It doesn't have a silver base. Just a white base and no color on the bottom. Was there another edition? This came in the box that reads "In Funko We Trust" on the bottom. Could this be a painted prototype? The lettering on the front is also extremely small compared to others. Any help would be appreciated. I will try and upload pictures to this thread. Many Thanks!

Sounds like a production variance rather than something else. The funatic community decided long ago that Glossy vs. Matte finishes were not a recognized variance because you can find that issue on several wobblers. This type of variance was due to a wobbler having a second or third run in production and it being an unintentional result. There are several other Wobblers including the Demonique that had slight differences between production waves which were not intended.

The Big Boys were technically 3 different Wobblers, the original and first with the red base, the Burbank 50th anniversary variant with a white base, & the silver base. Out of these 3 true variants, multiple production runs resulted in some of the most hardcore collectors finding up to 8 “different” Wobblers, although not officially intended variants. I personally have 5 and that’s already nitpicking to even have those. Different font size, matte vs glossy, unintended print omissions..these are all production errors rather than glorified variants. Hope this helps to clarify! :-)
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

itchykorean
Hall of Fame Class of 2005
Hall of Fame Class of 2005

Postby itchykorean » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 pm

The matte one has a silver base.
The top middle one has a white base and the print on the base is much larger than the one that has "In Funko We Trust" on the bottom of the box.
Also, the top middle has "Lap it up!" on the bottom of the box and doesn't have the "R" on the chest.
The bottom #'d one was a That Toy Guy exclusive of 1,000 pieces and has a red base.
The bottom right is a 50th Anniversary also limited to 1,000 and has "Bobs Burbank 50th Anniversary" on the base.

Funkofreak014

Postby Funkofreak014 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Ok Thanks for the response guys. I still cant figure out how to upload pictures. As Itchykorean stated the Matte one has a silver base, Mine does not and the bottom of the base has no color. The base itself is also white not silver.

pommefille

Postby pommefille » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:15 pm

I'd look at mine, but it got stolen by tenants that were renting my townhouse when I ordered it :(
----ig: kavka twitter: kavka fb: kavka----

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Funkofreak014 wrote:Ok Thanks for the response guys. I still cant figure out how to upload pictures. As Itchykorean stated the Matte one has a silver base, Mine does not and the bottom of the base has no color. The base itself is also white not silver.

Once again, some second or third runs of the Wobblers were inadvertently slightly different..in some cases that meant white bases that had matte finishes or accidental printing omissions & font alterations. Here are the out of box comparisons..as you can see..there were more than just one run on some of those resulting in tiny differences amongst the white bases whether that be font or finishes.

As for the picture uploading...you could either sign up to a free image hosting service like imgur or you could upload IG images to post a picture that way. Simply copy image address and copy between [ig][/ig] for Instagram or the same plus “m” example [img] for everything else. See quote of my post to see how I’ve upload this reference image by placing the link between those brackets. :thumbright:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:35 am

i need to do that. thx for the info!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:13 am

This thread is actually really informative, i didn't know there were this many variations in the base and box of the big boy wobblers.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:12 am

itchykorean wrote:The matte one has a silver base.
The top middle one has a white base and the print on the base is much larger than the one that has "In Funko We Trust" on the bottom of the box.
Also, the top middle has "Lap it up!" on the bottom of the box and doesn't have the "R" on the chest.
The bottom #'d one was a That Toy Guy exclusive of 1,000 pieces and has a red base.
The bottom right is a 50th Anniversary also limited to 1,000 and has "Bobs Burbank 50th Anniversary" on the base.

Great information really hope to find one glad to know the variants
:freddy3:

vrom

Postby vrom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Really great info on here I didn't know about the different variations and details. Thanks again for the info. \:D/

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed May 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Hoping to own a Big Boy Wobbler, one day. Wonder if I should take the plunge meow before the documentary drops on Netflix? @__@
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

For someone who is fairly new into this, was the Big Boy the original wobbler? I saw the Big Boy pop at SDCC a few years ago, and I saw the new variant coming out which brought me to the attention of the wobbler. They're pretty cool. I wonder if there may be a new variant of the Big Boy wobbler in the future?
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:57 pm

I like those Bob's big boy wobblers.

draemar

Postby draemar » Fri May 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:For someone who is fairly new into this, was the Big Boy the original wobbler? I saw the Big Boy pop at SDCC a few years ago, and I saw the new variant coming out which brought me to the attention of the wobbler. They're pretty cool. I wonder if there may be a new variant of the Big Boy wobbler in the future?

Do they still make wobblers? I never really hear about any new releases.
ImageImageImage

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Great info and thanks for sharing. Love reading and learning about older pieces.
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Sat May 12, 2018 3:06 am

Is it just me or does these Big Boy wobblers look like a toy that may have been released in the 1950'S?

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 pm

pommefille wrote:I'd look at mine, but it got stolen by tenants that were renting my townhouse when I ordered it :(

That really sucks, it my biggest fear, to have my pops stolen...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed May 30, 2018 8:04 pm

pommefille wrote:I'd look at mine, but it got stolen by tenants that were renting my townhouse when I ordered it :(

That is just messed up, who steals someone else's mail.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Thu May 31, 2018 10:02 am

itchykorean wrote:The matte one has a silver base.

I have a question for you which big boy was the hardest for you to attain? Which is your favorite?

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Thu May 31, 2018 12:36 pm

Big Big Boy, Big Boy (my very first piece of Funko from 2005) and Big Fred.....

Have fun on your quest!!!!

Craig here......

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu May 31, 2018 3:58 pm

That's a nice wobbler
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Thu May 31, 2018 7:59 pm

I’m wondering if my big boy wobbler is legit, it has a blank bottom of the box. Most I’ve seen say Funko on the bottom. Did I get a non Funko big boy bobble head?
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

2addictedcollectors

Postby 2addictedcollectors » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Alleycat wrote:Big Big Boy, Big Boy (my very first piece of Funko from 2005) and Big Fred.....

omg the giant wobbler Big Boy!! Where on earth can I find one!!!?

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Alleycat wrote:Big Big Boy, Big Boy (my very first piece of Funko from 2005) and Big Fred.....

Holy Big Boy, Batman! That's awesome! That's a great Big Boy collection! I love all of the Wacky Wobbler 20"+ figures out there!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:18 am

Very,awesome indeed.... love the BIG big boy. \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:29 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
Once again, some second or third runs of the Wobblers were inadvertently slightly different..in some cases that meant white bases that had matte finishes or accidental printing omissions & font alterations. Here are the out of box comparisons..as you can see..there were more than just one run on some of those resulting in tiny differences amongst the white bases whether that be font or finishes.

Ah... still one of my favorite pictures! Plus, it's a super helpful reference when trying to differentiate between the variants over time!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:27 pm

acbernardez wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Ah... still one of my favorite pictures! Plus, it's a super helpful reference when trying to differentiate between the variants over time!

So glad it is helpful! I’m a visual learner so anything with side by side comparisons makes it super easy for me too! :thumbright:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
acbernardez wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

So glad it is helpful! I’m a visual learner so anything with side by side comparisons makes it super easy for me too! :thumbright:

Definitely! I was looking at purchasing one the other day, but had no idea what to look for! It honestly made me feel pretty bummed about those scalpers on evilBay who are trying to prey off of those who don't know what they're buying either. I think that's why it's always best to be informed, and try to buy/trade/sell from fellow collectors.
Image Image
Image ImageImage

war2death

Postby war2death » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Im lucky that i found one in a goodwill with original box but more common 2001 version

badger

Postby badger » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:19 pm

I know I’m a bit late to the party on this one, but this is amazing! I love the big big boy, now I need to try and track one down...
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

badger

Postby badger » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:19 pm

war2death wrote:Im lucky that i found one in a goodwill with original box but more common 2001 version

Nice, sounds like a great find!
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”