Big Boy Wacky Wobbler 2001

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
FunkoLoco

Big Boy Wacky Wobbler 2001

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:41 am

Bought a Big Boy Wacky Wobbler off of Ebay. But he was dated 2001. Is this a legit Funko item? Did they do a rerun of the wobbler?
ImageImage

Goldberger

Re: Big Boy Wacky Wobbler 2001

Postby Goldberger » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:02 am

FunkoLoco wrote:Bought a Big Boy Wacky Wobbler off of Ebay. But he was dated 2001. Is this a legit Funko item? Did they do a rerun of the wobbler?

Yeah, they did. I've seen a few at the Big Boys in the midwest. They still do the banks, for sure. Eveey Big Boy I've been to sells them. I think the original was actually numbered on the front of the box.
ImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 am

Goldberger wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:Bought a Big Boy Wacky Wobbler off of Ebay. But he was dated 2001. Is this a legit Funko item? Did they do a rerun of the wobbler?

Yeah, they did. I've seen a few at the Big Boys in the midwest. They still do the banks, for sure. Eveey Big Boy I've been to sells them. I think the original was actually numbered on the front of the box.

The wobblers that big boy sells are not funko. I mean I could be wrong but I asked to see one once and it wasn't made by Funko.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:24 am

Goldberger wrote:

Cool cool! Thanks very much for the info. I wanted one but i kept getting outbid for the 1998 OG ones. So i went and bought the 2001 edition. Not that picky. Just wanted a piece of Funko history after watching the docu on Netflix. Happy with what i got :)
ImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 am

willy wonka wrote:
Goldberger wrote:

The wobblers that big boy sells are not funko. I mean I could be wrong but I asked to see one once and it wasn't made by Funko.

I think the ones with bases that say "Home of the double decker" are Funko ones. The others with no script are non-funko. i could be wrong.
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:28 am

Here's a history lesson from Josh. Looks like a ton of people are trying to buy Big Boy Wobblers lately (3 different threads asking if the Wobbler is real lol)

thejosh2010 wrote:Congratulations on an awesome Big Boy Wobbler!! That is the one that started it all, so most definitely a piece of history there!! Now you should get the other versions too :razz:

Here is a reference for some of the other Big Boy Wobblers if you find it useful.. :thumbright:

I know, i know....you all must be saying, "why so many Big Boy's!?" Well, Funko actually had 8 “different”Big Boy Wobblers by the time they vaulted him. These included here from my collection actually shows some of the differences, while the others are simply more font size variances or unintended errors, such as the trademark symbol being left off.

As you can see, two different types of boxes from the front view, the "Bobbing Head" box & the "Funko Bobble-Head" box.. Only two with a sticker are the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998, which were 1 of 1000 and individually numbered; i have 605 as you can see. The second, has the "Bob's Burbank Anniversary" sticker, this also being 1 of 1000, but not individually numbered.

To really tell the difference you must take them out of the box to inspect their bases, as these are the main differences between the 5 i have.
(LEFT - RIGHT)
The Red Base is the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998.
The White Base is the Burbank Anniversary Big Boy, with the base saying, "Bob's Burbank 50th Anniversary"
The white base in the middle with the base saying, "Home of the Double Decker" with the standard print font
Next one also has a white base with "Home of the Double Decker", but this one has the same font as the original and first Big Boy by Funko
Last one also has "Home of the Double Decker" on the base, but is a silver base. This one also is done in more of a matte finish and is not glossy as the previous Big Boys.

What does it all mean....i have no idea lol With every second and third production wave, slight unintentional variants were created and released leaving funatics in a frenzy to try to catch one of each ](*,)

Only a few minor noticeable differences on the bottoms of the boxes...the first Big Boy also has it's individual number stickered to the base, while the 4th box is the same on the bottom, but without the numbered sticker.

Very minor differences on the rear of the boxes as well, with all sporting the same "1998 Elias Brothers" printing except the Silver based Big Boy on the RIGHT end, which is listed as "2001 Big Boy Restaurants INT LLC". Other than that, two have a slightly more cramped History paragraph style, while the other three have spacing and a few of the details about Wian being scrambled.

Fun times!! :compress:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:41 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Here's a history lesson from Josh. Looks like a ton of people are trying to buy Big Boy Wobblers lately (3 different threads asking if the Wobbler is real lol)

thejosh2010 wrote:Congratulations on an awesome Big Boy Wobbler!! That is the one that started it all, so most definitely a piece of history there!! Now you should get the other versions too :razz:

Here is a reference for some of the other Big Boy Wobblers if you find it useful.. :thumbright:

I know, i know....you all must be saying, "why so many Big Boy's!?" Well, Funko actually had 8 “different”Big Boy Wobblers by the time they vaulted him. These included here from my collection actually shows some of the differences, while the others are simply more font size variances or unintended errors, such as the trademark symbol being left off.

As you can see, two different types of boxes from the front view, the "Bobbing Head" box & the "Funko Bobble-Head" box.. Only two with a sticker are the very first Big Boy released by Funko in 1998, which were 1 of 1000 and individually numbered; i have 605 as you can see. The second, has the "Bob's Burbank Anniversary" sticker, this also being 1 of 1000, but not individually numbered.

To really tell the difference you must take them out of the box to inspect their bases, as these are the main differences between the 5 i have.
(LEFT - RIGHT)
The White Base is the Burbank Anniversary Big Boy, with the base saying, "Bob's Burbank 50th Anniversary"
The white base in the middle with the base saying, "Home of the Double Decker" with the standard print font
Next one also has a white base with "Home of the Double Decker", but this one has the same font as the original and first Big Boy by Funko
Last one also has "Home of the Double Decker" on the base, but is a silver base. This one also is done in more of a matte finish and is not glossy as the previous Big Boys.

What does it all mean....i have no idea lol With every second and third production wave, slight unintentional variants were created and released leaving funatics in a frenzy to try to catch one of each ](*,)

Only a few minor noticeable differences on the bottoms of the boxes...the first Big Boy also has it's individual number stickered to the base, while the 4th box is the same on the bottom, but without the numbered sticker.

Very minor differences on the rear of the boxes as well, with all sporting the same "1998 Elias Brothers" printing except the Silver based Big Boy on the RIGHT end, which is listed as "2001 Big Boy Restaurants INT LLC". Other than that, two have a slightly more cramped History paragraph style, while the other three have spacing and a few of the details about Wian being scrambled.

Thanks for the history lesson and for sharing pics of your Bob's!

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:43 am

willy wonka wrote:
Goldberger wrote:

I've never checked, but the few I've seen had the same box type as the Funko ones.
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am

FunkoLoco wrote:
Goldberger wrote:

Cool cool! Thanks very much for the info. I wanted one but i kept getting outbid for the 1998 OG ones. So i went and bought the 2001 edition. Not that picky. Just wanted a piece of Funko history after watching the docu on Netflix. Happy with what i got :)

I don't blame you! I only own a few wobblers, just because they take up a lot of space. The few I do have are out of box. It drives my wife nuts. I just don'tvsee the point in having a bobblehead that can't bobble lol
ImageImageImage

Goldberger

Postby Goldberger » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am

FunkoLoco wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
Goldberger wrote:Yeah, they did. I've seen a few at the Big Boys in the midwest. They still do the banks, for sure. Eveey Big Boy I've been to sells them. I think the original was actually numbered on the front of the box.

I think the ones with bases that say "Home of the double decker" are Funko ones. The others with no script are non-funko. i could be wrong.

Ohhh, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
ImageImageImage

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Here's a history lesson from Josh. Looks like a ton of people are trying to buy Big Boy Wobblers lately (3 different threads asking if the Wobbler is real lol)

(LEFT - RIGHT)

Thanks a bajillion for this information!!! Can now sleep well knowing i bought a legit product. Guess i got the one in the middle. :)
ImageImage

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”