Dragon Ball Z Wobblers!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
acbernardez

Dragon Ball Z Wobblers!

Postby acbernardez » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm

I know Funimation and Toriyama have closely held their licensing to certain products, but I would LOVE to see Funko come out with a DBZ Wacky Wobbler line! It would appeal to a huge and growing fan-base, as well as help give an extra boost to Wobbler sales (in my opinion). Maybe in future cons we'll even see some Freddy DBZ characters? I'm sure they'd start out in Pop form first, but let's get back to basics and start with some Wobblers!

Who else agrees!? :freddy2:
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Stareiskies

Re: Dragon Ball Z Wobblers!

Postby Stareiskies » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Lord help my wallet if they make DBZ Wobblers lol or Vynl or anything other than the Pops. My husband will turn into a hypnotized person and I'll have to buy them all lol

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:20 am

I'm honestly surprised there arent more. If there were mystery mini or Dorbz, Id be all over em. Even Vynl, I dig the look

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:22 am

Please no wobblers!!! I want to keep some of my money lol
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

funkolovers92

Postby funkolovers92 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:49 am

They may make a Vynl line but probable not wobblers

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:09 am

Stareiskies wrote:Lord help my wallet if they make DBZ Wobblers lol or Vynl or anything other than the Pops. My husband will turn into a hypnotized person and I'll have to buy them all lol

Your husband sounds like a cool guy! :razz: I’d be right there in the hypnotized state too :D
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:27 am

Stareiskies wrote:Lord help my wallet if they make DBZ Wobblers lol or Vynl or anything other than the Pops. My husband will turn into a hypnotized person and I'll have to buy them all lol

There is too much truth right here!! With such a growing fanbase, I REALLY hope this comes to fruition!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:28 am

funkolovers92 wrote:They may make a Vynl line but probable not wobblers

Interesting thought! Why do you think that? You've piqued my interest! lol
Image Image
Image ImageImage

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:29 am

thejosh2010 wrote:

Your husband sounds like a cool guy! :razz: I’d be right there in the hypnotized state too :D

I'm not sure if I'd be more hypnotized, or insane trying to sell everything I own to buy them all! lol #gottacatchemall
Image Image
Image ImageImage

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:32 am

nyraza wrote:I'm honestly surprised there arent more. If there were mystery mini or Dorbz, Id be all over em. Even Vynl, I dig the look

DBZ did have an exclusive Mystery Mini line through GameStop for a while. Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo were also included in the Shonen Jump Mystery Mini packs too. But I think that's all I've seen outside of the Pop line. I agree, Vynls would definitely be awesome too, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE some Wobblers or Spastiks lol
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Stareiskies

Postby Stareiskies » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:58 pm

I can hear my wallet crying already.

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:31 pm

acbernardez wrote:
nyraza wrote:I'm honestly surprised there arent more. If there were mystery mini or Dorbz, Id be all over em. Even Vynl, I dig the look

DBZ did have an exclusive Mystery Mini line through GameStop for a while. Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo were also included in the Shonen Jump Mystery Mini packs too. But I think that's all I've seen outside of the Pop line. I agree, Vynls would definitely be awesome too, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE some Wobblers or Spastiks lol

Oh snap, thought it was only Goku. Adding to my ISO.

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:31 pm

acbernardez wrote:I know Funimation and Toriyama have closely held their licensing to certain products, but I would LOVE to see Funko come out with a DBZ Wacky Wobbler line! It would appeal to a huge and growing fan-base, as well as help give an extra boost to Wobbler sales (in my opinion). Maybe in future cons we'll even see some Freddy DBZ characters? I'm sure they'd start out in Pop form first, but let's get back to basics and start with some Wobblers!

I agree with this I think the wobbler style would fit the characters so well and a freddy as vegeta has been my dream forever!

FunkoFern

Postby FunkoFern » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:40 am

OMG DBZ Wobbles would be everything! I think the Super Saiyan look would look amazing as a Wobbler.

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:54 pm

nyraza wrote:
acbernardez wrote:

Oh snap, thought it was only Goku. Adding to my ISO.

Oh yes! They're a sweet set to have! The good thing is that there's really only those few, so it's easy to find these days.
Image Image
Image ImageImage

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:55 pm

binarykaos wrote:
acbernardez wrote:I know Funimation and Toriyama have closely held their licensing to certain products, but I would LOVE to see Funko come out with a DBZ Wacky Wobbler line! It would appeal to a huge and growing fan-base, as well as help give an extra boost to Wobbler sales (in my opinion). Maybe in future cons we'll even see some Freddy DBZ characters? I'm sure they'd start out in Pop form first, but let's get back to basics and start with some Wobblers!

I agree with this I think the wobbler style would fit the characters so well and a freddy as vegeta has been my dream forever!

@schl0 is the man! He made me a custom Freddy PA Vegeta that I will forever keep! You should definitely check out his work!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

The 998th LC

Postby The 998th LC » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Yeah I can just see them standing in a power up pose & that little oversized blonde hairdo ( or silver or magenta or blue lol ) wobbling & bobbling back and forth.

Maybe some HT Exclusive metallic & glow in the dark chase variants.

I definitely think the DBZ fanbase could overlook the “bobble head” stigma & just see them a cool display piece/collectible.
Hello, my name is Jon Snow.

ISO: 1/8 Officer Cartman Wobbler & 1/4 Tuxedo Cartman Wobbler

acbernardez

Postby acbernardez » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 am

The 998th LC wrote:Yeah I can just see them standing in a power up pose & that little oversized blonde hairdo ( or silver or magenta or blue lol ) wobbling & bobbling back and forth.

Maybe some HT Exclusive metallic & glow in the dark chase variants.

I definitely think the DBZ fanbase could overlook the “bobble head” stigma & just see them a cool display piece/collectible.

Yes! I love the way you think! I really think that Funk can pull it off and do it well. The "bobble head" stigma is really a matter of preference for collectors, so if they are a TRUE fan, it won't matter lol
Image Image
Image ImageImage

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”