The new Wobblers line

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Pkdiablo77
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 pm

The new Wobblers line

Postby Pkdiablo77 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:24 am

Are anymore coming?
Marvel DC star wars?


I really prefer the look of these than the wacky wobblers.

rexflexall
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby rexflexall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:23 am

I haven't seen anything on the pipeline for wobblers lately.

User avatar
Funko5ker
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Funko5ker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Haven't seen anything new on the horizon. Mayb they will switch back to the original Wacky Wobbler form again. [-o<
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

User avatar
The Head
Posts: 2600
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby The Head » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 pm

I wonder if the wobbler line is dead. I don't think they were making much anyway and may be discouraged since it wasnt a money maker. Now that they are public, they're probably much less likely to hold onto lines that are not profitable or project to be (or at least are loss leaders).
ISO: Sheldon Cooper t-shirt variants, Raj Koothrappali, Penny, Leonard Hoffstadter, OG Lando Calrissian, and MANY MORE!

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

I would love for wacky wobblers to make a comeback! Truthfully these are better than pops! Love how they actually bobble.
Image

User avatar
Nooklin
Posts: 606
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Nooklin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Looking to see some more wobblers. Even variants of old ones for the new collectors would be nice.

gatorsrule79
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 am

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby gatorsrule79 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm

I was curious to see how the impact of Funko going public would impact their creative direction.

The Head wrote:I wonder if the wobbler line is dead. I don't think they were making much anyway and may be discouraged since it wasnt a money maker. Now that they are public, they're probably much less likely to hold onto lines that are not profitable or project to be (or at least are loss leaders).

User avatar
Icetenka
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 pm
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Icetenka » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm

The Head wrote:I wonder if the wobbler line is dead. I don't think they were making much anyway and may be discouraged since it wasnt a money maker. Now that they are public, they're probably much less likely to hold onto lines that are not profitable or project to be (or at least are loss leaders).


I'm also wondering the same (if the line is dead). My wobbler collection has slimmed down since POPs make up most of my Funko collection.
Wants:
Flash POP Proto
Blue Lantern Flash GITD Dorbz

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 am

The new wobblers were not as popular as the originals were.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
neonglow
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby neonglow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 am

How long ago was the last one released?

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 pm

neonglow wrote:How long ago was the last one released?


I think it was the Black Panther.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
Funko5ker
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Funko5ker » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Bring back the originals!
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

rexflexall
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby rexflexall » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Wobblers are so fun!

User avatar
rowden
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:04 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby rowden » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:30 am

Haven't seen too many of them lately either and would like to
"Evil knows evil" Dr. Smith- Lost in Space
Image

gbizzle13
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:26 am

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby gbizzle13 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Would love to see some new Wobblers as con exclusives. Small numbers. Pretty sure they'd be quite popular.

User avatar
AshleyWilbanks
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: Georgia
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby AshleyWilbanks » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:34 pm

I own a few of the Wacky Wobblers and have just now started appreciating these things. So now I have started my search for some of the older ones to help kick off my Wobbler collection. I know I am getting in on the tail end of things, but like gbizzle13 said, I too would love to see them make a grand return.
ImageImage

Follow me on Instagram: dccollectors
Follow me on Twitter: @dccollectors
Website: https://dccollectors.com

User avatar
acbernardez
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:26 am

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby acbernardez » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:39 am

Pkdiablo77 wrote:Are anymore coming?
Marvel DC star wars?


I really prefer the look of these than the wacky wobblers.


I would agree in that I prefer the look of the original Wobblers line as opposed to the Wacky Wobblers. I'm excited for more new lines to come out!
Image Image
Image ImageImage

User avatar
LexusNexus
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby LexusNexus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:37 am

Aesthetically I like the older line, more than the new line. It would be cool to see newer ones molded like the older ones, but I get they have to make stuff that appeals to newer collectors :)

I’m hoping they do expand on the new style of wobblers even if they make them limited runs. I need a wobbler robin and batgirl! lol
:freddy1:
Huge lover of Batman and Pixar!
Started collecting in 2013
Pop Count: 80 - Dorbz Count: 19 - PSH: 8
Collection count: ??? (Need to recount everything)

evrythngzen
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby evrythngzen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:22 pm

I've noticed that my stores almost never carry the wobblers so if I want them, I have to search them out online. It's bittersweet because then I often find they're too expensive. Sigh.

User avatar
LatinFunko
Posts: 739
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:09 am
Location: California

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby LatinFunko » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:32 am

evrythngzen wrote:I've noticed that my stores almost never carry the wobblers so if I want them, I have to search them out online. It's bittersweet because then I often find they're too expensive. Sigh.


Agree. I had to buy the wobblers I wanted online as well.
Image :wwe5: Image


ISO: WWE Protos - Please send me a PM!

User avatar
Swatrob
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Swatrob » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:29 am

I wonder if it has anything to do with how many lines are out right now. I like dorbz but it looks like they are slowing down, maybe with that slowdown we will get some new wobblers. They were the first things I ever bought from funko
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

evrythngzen
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby evrythngzen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:08 pm

Swatrob wrote:I wonder if it has anything to do with how many lines are out right now. I like dorbz but it looks like they are slowing down, maybe with that slowdown we will get some new wobblers. They were the first things I ever bought from funko

That's a really valid point. It does seem like there are a bunch but some are starting to ease back. Fingers crossed you are right.

User avatar
Funko5ker
Posts: 3311
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Funko5ker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:29 pm

So I guess Wobblers are officially dead. Not one sign from Toy Fair :(
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby kevinbuddha » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Funko5ker wrote:So I guess Wobblers are officially dead. Not one sign from Toy Fair :(


There has not been a sign of them for quite a long time.


Just remember this...……………….if it were not for Wacky Wobblers, Funko would not be here, POP! would not be here, Hikari would not be here and so on and so on. Always enjoys classic Funko lines of toys. That has kept me going for sometime. You can still find classic Funko. No matter how much Funko tries to erase/hide the history that they made Wacky Wobblers, someone somewhere in the world discovers a Wacky Wobbler for the very first time everyday :D
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
Shalee04
Posts: 2175
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:18 pm
Location: Bakersfield,Calif
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Shalee04 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:23 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
Funko5ker wrote:So I guess Wobblers are officially dead. Not one sign from Toy Fair :(


There has not been a sign of them for quite a long time.


Just remember this...……………….if it were not for Wacky Wobblers, Funko would not be here, POP! would not be here, Hikari would not be here and so on and so on. Always enjoys classic Funko lines of toys. That has kept me going for sometime. You can still find classic Funko. No matter how much Funko tries to erase/hide the history that they made Wacky Wobblers, someone somewhere in the world discovers a Wacky Wobbler for the very first time everyday :D


Very well said. \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.
ISO~ Flocked Lotso. And a Bobs big boy pop.

Pops and Dorbz -1750~~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays
And
Baby Groot with bomb from this years fundays.

Image

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby kevinbuddha » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 pm

Thank you!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Funko_Phan26
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Funko_Phan26 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:34 pm

I had hope after they put the black panther and the chase variant in the MCU Animal themed box, but that has been the last wobbler that I have heard about.... it seems like they're focusing on Vynl line and letting go of Wobblers and dorbz slowly....
:freddy3:
[ig]https://www.instagram.com/funko_phan26/[/ig]

ISO: Black Panther Protos Rick and Morty Mystery Mini Protos other than https://www.instagram.com/p/BrGhtQQnVYq/

User avatar
jesusunzueta89
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:21 am

I really would like for the Subscription boxes to had more Wobblers on them, the POP was the only constant thing, but I feel it would had been really cool if more things were consistent, like for Example that every box would include a POP, Wobbler and a Dorbz, and then 1 to 5 other random things, in the first boxes it was certain that you would get a Pin, Patch, Comic(Marvel/DC), POP and t-shirt, but nowadays the boxes just focus on the POP and few other random things
Image

User avatar
Nemesis989
Posts: 1534
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 pm

The wobblers were before my time, but they are really cool. I picked up a few that I really like second hand. I think if Funko brought them back in original form they may be pleasantly surprised by collectors like me who wish they were still available
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:The wobblers were before my time, but they are really cool. I picked up a few that I really like second hand. I think if Funko brought them back in original form they may be pleasantly surprised by collectors like me who wish they were still available


I completely agree with you!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
Westlos420
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:23 am
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Westlos420 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:23 pm

I like how most of the old wobblers were spot on compared to the actual characters.
Image Image
Big Danny
Vegas Local!
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

User avatar
Nemesis989
Posts: 1534
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 5:51 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Westlos420 wrote:I like how most of the old wobblers were spot on compared to the actual characters.


I agree fully. I may stand alone on this, but one of the things that stands out in wobbler design vs what I notice in the pops is the design of the character traits, especially eyes and facial expression. The little round black eyes on pops are cute, but when I look at something like a wobbler which is still fun, but has the extra detail....it seems like a figure that is higher quality to me. I know many will disagree, but I think a wobbler with all those details is a fun, and more accurate depiction of a beloved character
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm

That is why I do not buy much POP because of the unoriginal black eyes and the lack of detail. They look so generic sometimes. Some POP pieces look nothing like the characters they are supposed to be.

Again, just my 2 cents
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: The new Wobblers line

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
Westlos420 wrote:I like how most of the old wobblers were spot on compared to the actual characters.


I agree fully. I may stand alone on this, but one of the things that stands out in wobbler design vs what I notice in the pops is the design of the character traits, especially eyes and facial expression. The little round black eyes on pops are cute, but when I look at something like a wobbler which is still fun, but has the extra detail....it seems like a figure that is higher quality to me. I know many will disagree, but I think a wobbler with all those details is a fun, and more accurate depiction of a beloved character


You are not alone. The detail is amazingly better on a wobbler and I love how they wobble! Lots of pops look very similar with simple minor changes.
Image


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users