Questions from a New Collector.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
User avatar
Batty88
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Location: Bellingham, WA

Questions from a New Collector.

Postby Batty88 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am

Hey everyone, thanks for being so welcoming. I have two questions that I'm sure someone can answer.

1. What's the difference between the 1998 Numbered Red Based Big Boy Wobbler and the Non-Numbered 1998 Big Boy Wobbler. I love this company and am a huge Bob's fan and I want a piece of their history but I'm unclear of the difference.

2. What are some other places to find the older pieces aside from eBay? I've found what I think are some great deals to start my collection, but I'm also not clear if I'm being ripped off. Also, it would be nice to know other venues to purchase.

Thanks in advance,

Jarrett
Jarrett Galante - Loner, Rebel, Money Burner! First The Wacky Wobblers Got Me, now the Vynl's have taken their hold. Proud to be a Funatic! Go Freddy Go!
Image Image

User avatar
CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year
Posts: 6860
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Questions from a New Collector.

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Batty88 wrote:Hey everyone, thanks for being so welcoming. I have two questions that I'm sure someone can answer.

1. What's the difference between the 1998 Numbered Red Based Big Boy Wobbler and the Non-Numbered 1998 Big Boy Wobbler. I love this company and am a huge Bob's fan and I want a piece of their history but I'm unclear of the difference.

2. What are some other places to find the older pieces aside from eBay? I've found what I think are some great deals to start my collection, but I'm also not clear if I'm being ripped off. Also, it would be nice to know other venues to purchase.

Thanks in advance,

Jarrett


1. Check out this thread (scroll down a bit and Josh explains the differences between all the Big Boy Wobblers) - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=86703

2. eBay is really your best bet, but there are quite a few members on here who will also help you with your collection. I'd make a thread in the WTB section of the forum viewforum.php?f=99 and hope for the best! As far as being ripped off I'd use eBay once again to check recent sales. PPG is normally way off with their Wobbler prices, but sometimes can be helpful. I've got several Freddy Wobblers with low edition sizes for under $100, but you just have to be patient.

Welcome to the fun and good luck with your hunts! :)
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
Vinyl4Blood
Posts: 1616
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:10 am
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Contact:

Re: Questions from a New Collector.

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi Jarrett.

Ya, Josh's explanation of the originals is my go-to post as well.

As far as finding older items... I've had my best... and worst luck with online auction sites. Just make sure you have faith in the seller.... reviews, feedback, etc.

I've also had GREAT luck at flea markets, swap meets, yard sales, antique stores and even those little roadside beef jerky selling places that have a bunch of old junk ... and some nice little treasures sitting high up on a shelf covered in dust. You never really know where you'll find a goodie.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Minis, Dorbz & Pops!: 1700+ 80% OOB
Pop Grail wish list: BOBS BIG BOY Pop!, Bobs Big Boy Red Base Wobbler.
Image

User avatar
Batty88
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Location: Bellingham, WA

Re: Questions from a New Collector.

Postby Batty88 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:45 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Batty88 wrote:Hey everyone, thanks for being so welcoming. I have two questions that I'm sure someone can answer.

1. What's the difference between the 1998 Numbered Red Based Big Boy Wobbler and the Non-Numbered 1998 Big Boy Wobbler. I love this company and am a huge Bob's fan and I want a piece of their history but I'm unclear of the difference.

2. What are some other places to find the older pieces aside from eBay? I've found what I think are some great deals to start my collection, but I'm also not clear if I'm being ripped off. Also, it would be nice to know other venues to purchase.

Thanks in advance,

Jarrett


1. Check out this thread (scroll down a bit and Josh explains the differences between all the Big Boy Wobblers) - http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=86703

2. eBay is really your best bet, but there are quite a few members on here who will also help you with your collection. I'd make a thread in the WTB section of the forum http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewforum.php?f=99 and hope for the best! As far as being ripped off I'd use eBay once again to check recent sales. PPG is normally way off with their Wobbler prices, but sometimes can be helpful. I've got several Freddy Wobblers with low edition sizes for under $100, but you just have to be patient.

Welcome to the fun and good luck with your hunts! :)


Thanks for all the info and the threads!
Jarrett Galante - Loner, Rebel, Money Burner! First The Wacky Wobblers Got Me, now the Vynl's have taken their hold. Proud to be a Funatic! Go Freddy Go!
Image Image

User avatar
Batty88
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Location: Bellingham, WA

Re: Questions from a New Collector.

Postby Batty88 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Vinyl4Blood wrote:Hi Jarrett.

Ya, Josh's explanation of the originals is my go-to post as well.

As far as finding older items... I've had my best... and worst luck with online auction sites. Just make sure you have faith in the seller.... reviews, feedback, etc.

I've also had GREAT luck at flea markets, swap meets, yard sales, antique stores and even those little roadside beef jerky selling places that have a bunch of old junk ... and some nice little treasures sitting high up on a shelf covered in dust. You never really know where you'll find a goodie.


Great call. I've been searching local Antique stores. Time to go Junkin!
Jarrett Galante - Loner, Rebel, Money Burner! First The Wacky Wobblers Got Me, now the Vynl's have taken their hold. Proud to be a Funatic! Go Freddy Go!
Image Image

rexflexall
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Questions from a New Collector.

Postby rexflexall » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:22 am

Find some mom & pop antique shops!


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users