Pretty neat find in Japan!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
karinar1943
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:52 pm
Location: Riverside

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby karinar1943 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:39 pm

The1one1 wrote:
karinar1943 wrote:I'm also going to Tokyo in April. What part of Japan has good stores to buy Funko stuff at?


The best store to buy brand new Funko is Toysapiens in harajuku. I enjoy hunting for older stuff at the Mandarake stores. There are a few scattered around Tokyo! Good luck.


Thank you! I've been to Mandrake stores before but never Toysapiens.
Traveling and pops are my game

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:26 am

karinar1943 wrote:
The1one1 wrote:
karinar1943 wrote:I'm also going to Tokyo in April. What part of Japan has good stores to buy Funko stuff at?


The best store to buy brand new Funko is Toysapiens in harajuku. I enjoy hunting for older stuff at the Mandarake stores. There are a few scattered around Tokyo! Good luck.


Thank you! I've been to Mandrake stores before but never Toysapiens.

Oh nice! You’re familiar with Tokyo then. Also the bigger camera stores like yodobashi, Bic, etc have had some in their toy sections in the past but not a huge selection. Good luck hunting!!
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
JJLecaros
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:48 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby JJLecaros » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm

nice find
Image

User avatar
Joesandwich123
Posts: 867
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:41 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Joesandwich123 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:30 am

whoa :o
Not sure what to put here

Colonel Churro
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: East Lansing, MI

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Colonel Churro » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:01 am

Very cool find...Japan is amazing!
I am Juan....but you can call me The Colonel ;-)

Image

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Colonel Churro wrote:Very cool find...Japan is amazing!


It really is. You CANT be bored there. There is always a new place to discover or a new experience to find! I LOVE it there!!
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
imbatgirlpop
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:44 pm
Location: Orange, ca

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:28 am

The1one1 wrote:Was browsing a consignment toystore here in japan and came across this guy! My eyes lit up when I saw him... I just wish I had more room in my luggage to bring him home.

Image


Congrats on the nice find!! Bummer, I would have bought extra luggage or what I do now - just get a box and package it with lots of padding and it’s your carry on.

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Congrats on the nice find!! Bummer, I would have bought extra luggage or what I do now - just get a box and package it with lots of padding and it’s your carry on.[/quote]


I did that with some other stuff I found. Went to the dollar store and bought some bubble wrap and a cheap plastic container.
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

funkosundae
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby funkosundae » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:35 pm

Totally awesome find.

Jjulsky
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Jjulsky » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:10 am

The1one1 wrote:Was browsing a consignment toystore here in japan and came across this guy! My eyes lit up when I saw him... I just wish I had more room in my luggage to bring him home.

Image

Looks amazing! I just want to reach out and fix his head though! My OCD is kicking in lol
:donald:

Member of the KY FUNKO LEAGUE OF AWESOMENESS
I need a Disney Three Caballeros Pops

User avatar
cmasicampo
Posts: 762
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:10 pm

Awesome find!
I’m Chris
IG @cm_funkollector


Image

Image Image

Image Image

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:57 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Awesome find!


If I had more room I probably would’ve brought it home. Oh well. There’s always next trip.
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:59 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Awesome find!


If I had more room I probably would’ve brought it home. Oh well. There’s always next trip.
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

Funko_Karina
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Funko_Karina » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Nice find!

The Bleach Fan
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:16 am

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The Bleach Fan » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:37 am

Interesting information. I would probably overspend abroad. Thanks for sharing your find.

User avatar
Swatrob
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Swatrob » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 pm

Wouldn’t mind adding one of these to my collection. I know there is eBay but I like finding them, the hunt is the best part
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Swatrob wrote:Wouldn’t mind adding one of these to my collection. I know there is eBay but I like finding them, the hunt is the best part


I 100% agree. To me, it is soooooo much cooler to “discover” something rather than just buy it on eBay. Although sometimes you get that rush from getting something you want by ordering it, there’s just nothing like wandering into an exciting piece!
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
x56735x
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 3:14 am
Location: Tustin
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby x56735x » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:38 am

Going around random stores and stuff whenever I travel is the best part about a vacation. I love looking around and seeing stuff that I thought I'd never see in stores around home. Def exciting!
Image ImageImageImage

User avatar
Swatrob
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 pm
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Swatrob » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 pm

The1one1 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:Wouldn’t mind adding one of these to my collection. I know there is eBay but I like finding them, the hunt is the best part


I 100% agree. To me, it is soooooo much cooler to “discover” something rather than just buy it on eBay. Although sometimes you get that rush from getting something you want by ordering it, there’s just nothing like wandering into an exciting piece!


Years ago my friend and I had a route we hit a few times a month. It was a few toy r us, kb toys, and a few other places.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 8994
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby kevinbuddha » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Th thrill of the hunt is always a adventure!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
Raypunz
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Raypunz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:18 am

I saw one of these at Toy Tokyo sometime last year. Regret not picking it up then :-(
Image

ISO:Michael Jordan Dunking Proto! Run and Jam Master Jay Protos and all urban vinyl (other than Tupac) Also looking for all league of legends protos regular and minis.


Hi I'm Ray.

User avatar
FunkoMeansFun
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:44 pm
Location: New York

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:06 am

Sweet. What a nice paint scheme and sculpt =D> . :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4: .
:freddy3: Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Kungfutoys
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:24 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Kungfutoys » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:33 am

x56735x wrote:Going around random stores and stuff whenever I travel is the best part about a vacation. I love looking around and seeing stuff that I thought I'd never see in stores around home. Def exciting!


Same here! Every time we travel abroad I’m on the hunt! The first thing I do when we arrive is yelp Funko.

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Kungfutoys wrote:
x56735x wrote:Going around random stores and stuff whenever I travel is the best part about a vacation. I love looking around and seeing stuff that I thought I'd never see in stores around home. Def exciting!


Same here! Every time we travel abroad I’m on the hunt! The first thing I do when we arrive is yelp Funko.


Haha I do the same. I’m going to Paris in April and have already started investigating spots I need to check out. Nothing like a good Funko Hunt!!
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

SkebeSan
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:09 pm

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby SkebeSan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm

The1one1 wrote:Was browsing a consignment toystore here in japan and came across this guy! My eyes lit up when I saw him... I just wish I had more room in my luggage to bring him home.

Image

How much was it in Japan? What part of Japan?

User avatar
Tany
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:30 pm
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Tany » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:42 pm

SkebeSan wrote:How much was it in Japan? What part of Japan?


Says 6000 yen, so about $54.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Ohayou, I'm Tany-Chan~!!
Instagram: tanypandatoys // Youtube: tanypanda // Twitch: tanypop

Image

*:・゚✧ ✧・゚:*

Pop #: Who knows? // First: Harley Quinn #34.
Newest: Android 17 + 18 // Wanted: Glitter Sailor Moon!
Holy Grails: White Raven & Amidala

The1one1
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:07 am
Location: Kaneohe, hawaii
Contact:

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby The1one1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 pm

SkebeSan it was in the Mandarake store in Nakano Broadway in Tokyo. It was about $55 usd
Cliffy
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

Funkofan21
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:46 am

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Funkofan21 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Awesome find overseas!
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

User avatar
FunkoMeansFun
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:44 pm
Location: New York

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Does Japan have many types of different Wobblers we don't see in the US? :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4: .
:freddy3: Image

Image

Image

Clutch
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:44 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Pretty neat find in Japan!

Postby Clutch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:46 pm

That looks amazing.


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users