Bobble-Banks!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
jamiewoodham

Bobble-Banks!

Postby jamiewoodham » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Hey, fellow Funheads! Long-time collector, first-time poster. I'm ecstatic to finally be active here on the boards, so I figured I'd start off by posting about something non-Pop-related to make things interesting.

I just recently dove into the world of the Wacky Wobbler Bobble-Banks, and I love them! Are there any other fans of the Banks around these parts? If so, I'm curious to hear which ones you like the most, and I'd love to see how others display them. In terms of collection focus, I'm all about Freddy Funko (obviously) and the Cereal Monsters. So the first thing Bobble-Banks that I've gotten are Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and the SDCC GITD Count Chocula. I'm currently on the hunt for an SDCC GITD Frankenberry, but no luck so far. What are y'all's favorites?

tlaloc666

Re: Bobble-Banks!

Postby tlaloc666 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:06 pm

hello Jamie :D welcome to the board :D

i have just 1 wacky bank,,, for me is part of my ultimate grails the freddy funko with bone daddy :D
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

jamiewoodham

Postby jamiewoodham » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome! \:D/ And good choice, that one is definitely one of the best!

tlaloc666 wrote:hello Jamie :D welcome to the board :D

i have just 1 wacky bank,,, for me is part of my ultimate grails the freddy funko with bone daddy :D

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:31 pm

Welcome to the board Jamie, & good luck in your hunt for some old school, mighty cool Funko!! I have several assorted Funko banks, even some extra large Ratfink banks! Hard to display a lot of the old school, bigger Funko all together without an area seeming too busy, but as for the boxed Freddy 12-Inch Banks..those are much easier to fit in and use to stack even more Funko lol Here’s a little peek at a few I have front and center on one of my walls...

As you can see, I find it easier to work in the pieces that came in boxes! I do get the itch to bring them out for a little play & photoshoots from time to time, but they always go back inside their boxes =P~

Other banks are just worked in here and there between the collection building and the house :compress:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am

thejosh2010 wrote:Welcome to the board Jamie, & good luck in your hunt for some old school, mighty cool Funko!! I have several assorted Funko banks, even some extra large Ratfink banks! Hard to display a lot of the old school, bigger Funko all together without an area seeming too busy, but as for the boxed Freddy 12-Inch Banks..those are much easier to fit in and use to stack even more Funko lol Here’s a little peek at a few I have front and center on one of my walls...

As you can see, I find it easier to work in the pieces that came in boxes! I do get the itch to bring them out for a little play & photoshoots from time to time, but they always go back inside their boxes =P~

Other banks are just worked in here and there between the collection building and the house :compress:

Wow very very nice.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am

My fav banks are the cereal monster ones, however the lip inside where the cap in the bottom goes makes it rather tricky to get your money back out

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:34 am

The SDCC frankenberry and count chócula are my favorites especially since they glow in the dark
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

jamiewoodham

Postby jamiewoodham » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! Though at this point, when it comes to collecting, I just assume my money is never coming back out lol

funkystark wrote:My fav banks are the cereal monster ones, however the lip inside where the cap in the bottom goes makes it rather tricky to get your money back out

jamiewoodham

Postby jamiewoodham » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Agreed! I'm a huge fan of everything Cereal Monster-related, but the Count/Franken banks are incredible. I have 3 of the 4, I'm still just on the hunt for the glow-in-the-dark Frankenberry!

booboo79 wrote:The SDCC frankenberry and count chócula are my favorites especially since they glow in the dark

jamiewoodham

Postby jamiewoodham » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Josh — If I could throw a GIF in this comment, it would be the "We're Not Worthy" one from WAYNE'S WORLD!

I love the Freddy banks, I hope to add some of those to my collection one day too. I feel like the Bobble-Banks are probably the most underrated Funko products (unless you have a different opinion, which I'd love to hear), but the size/detail/displayability of these bad boys is incredible. Any advice on where to find them other than eBay? Most of my collector-friends don't even know what a Bobble-Bank is when I ask them lol

thejosh2010 wrote:Welcome to the board Jamie, & good luck in your hunt for some old school, mighty cool Funko!! I have several assorted Funko banks, even some extra large Ratfink banks! Hard to display a lot of the old school, bigger Funko all together without an area seeming too busy, but as for the boxed Freddy 12-Inch Banks..those are much easier to fit in and use to stack even more Funko lol Here’s a little peek at a few I have front and center on one of my walls...

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 pm

jamiewoodham wrote:Josh — If I could throw a GIF in this comment, it would be the "We're Not Worthy" one from WAYNE'S WORLD!

I love the Freddy banks, I hope to add some of those to my collection one day too. I feel like the Bobble-Banks are probably the most underrated Funko products (unless you have a different opinion, which I'd love to hear), but the size/detail/displayability of these bad boys is incredible. Any advice on where to find them other than eBay? Most of my collector-friends don't even know what a Bobble-Bank is when I ask them lol

Welcome to the fun Jamie! I don't own any of the bobble banks, but have been picking up a ton of the Freddy Wobblers. Good luck in finding more goodies for your collection!

And here's the we'rd not worthy gif you wanted to put in your post :D

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

jamiewoodham

Postby jamiewoodham » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Hahaha thank you! I'm hoping to pick up some Freddy Wobblers soon as well, since Freddys have always been a focus of my Pop collection :thumbsup:

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Welcome to the fun Jamie! I don't own any of the bobble banks, but have been picking up a ton of the Freddy Wobblers. Good luck in finding more goodies for your collection!

And here's the we'rd not worthy gif you wanted to put in your post :D

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:27 pm

The Freddy banks are awesome!

Welcome aboard too!

Ebay and here will be your best bets. Every once in awhile you can find some cool pieces in FB groups as well. Good luck with your search!
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:16 pm

BigM wrote:The Freddy banks are awesome!

Welcome aboard too!

Ebay and here will be your best bets. Every once in awhile you can find some cool pieces in FB groups as well. Good luck with your search!

Mickey definitely hit the nail right on the head here Jamie! Ebay is most often the MAIN place to find some of these old school Funko pieces.. While FB groups can be helpful, it seems you have to be glued to your PC to win those rat races lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

jamiewoodham

Postby jamiewoodham » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Thank you both for the sound advice! eBay has been my go-to thus far, so I'll stick with it and keep my fingers crossed [-o<

thejosh2010 wrote:
BigM wrote:The Freddy banks are awesome!

Welcome aboard too!

Mickey definitely hit the nail right on the head here Jamie! Ebay is most often the MAIN place to find some of these old school Funko pieces.. While FB groups can be helpful, it seems you have to be glued to your PC to win those rat races lol

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funko made quite a few banks and not all of them were bobble banks, but I would have to say my favorite is the Scooby-Doo & Dino & the Tom & Jerry 20" bank.

Sorry I cannot just pick one!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 am

Welcome to the board Jamie! Being involved is definitely more fun. I cant decide my favorite out of all of them but my top 3 are bone daddy, rat fink and metallic great ape. They are all amazing pieces of Funko history! I just wish Funko made even more. I have found mine all over the place including EBAY, board, connections, groups, in the stores. They do pop up from time to time and all are even better in person. Good luck on your chase to fill those holes. When I get a chance I'll have to add some photos of a few that I have.

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:51 am

jamiewoodham wrote:Agreed! I'm a huge fan of everything Cereal Monster-related, but the Count/Franken banks are incredible. I have 3 of the 4, I'm still just on the hunt for the glow-in-the-dark Frankenberry!

booboo79 wrote:The SDCC frankenberry and count chócula are my favorites especially since they glow in the dark

What I’ve always wondered is why a GITD BANK was never made for Boo Berry. Maybe @Josh knows more
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Holy GREATNESS!! I think from looking at your pics, it's fair to assume you can open a funko museum and charge a drooling fee lol You have an awesome collection and I have to admit I'm super jealous of those Freddy's :)

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 am

Man those clocks! Almost pulled the trigger awhile back on one but it sold. Regrets!!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

Franko 5621

Postby Franko 5621 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:30 pm

[quote="jamiewoodham"]Hey, fellow Funheads! Long-time collector, first-time poster. I'm ecstatic to finally be active here on the boards, so I figured I'd start off by posting about something non-Pop-related to make things interesting.

I just recently dove into the world of the Wacky Wobbler Bobble-Banks, and I [b]love[/b] them! Are there any other fans of the Banks around these parts? If so, I'm curious to hear which ones you like the most, and I'd love to see how others display them. In terms of collection focus, I'm all about Freddy Funko (obviously) and the Cereal Monsters. So the first thing Bobble-Banks that I've gotten are Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and the SDCC GITD Count Chocula. I'm currently on the hunt for an SDCC GITD Frankenberry, but no luck so far. What are y'all's favorites?[/quote]

Hello
I am a long time collector that is in the process of moving, I have sold a lot of my collection, but, I have some old time Funko bobbleheads remaining and I have 2 banks remaining, the glow in the dark Funko Frankenberry bobble-bank from Comic Con 2006 and a Funko Snowbird Coin Bank from Channel 4 News in Nashville. I'll let you name a reasonable price and they are yours. If interested, I can give you a detailed list of what bobbleheads I have left in my collection. All banks and bobbleheads are in their box and never have been removed. I also have a lot of other bobblehead boxes that are flat and never have been used. Thanks and cheers. Please message me if I can be of any assistance.
Funko all the Way !!!

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 pm

Was the Big Boy bank a bobble bank? I was looking into buying one a while back, but not sure if bobble bank is something different than the one I saw (or if there are 2 versions?).
Poppin'

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:39 pm

theraven00 wrote:Was the Big Boy bank a bobble bank? I was looking into buying one a while back, but not sure if bobble bank is something different than the one I saw (or if there are 2 versions?).

There were technically two Big Boy banks (one with black shoes and one with blue). If your referring to a bobbling/wobbling over-sized Big Boy, that item was not a bank but rather a 20” Wacky Wobbler, which was never-released; roughly only 10 samples exist of that Wobbler.
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:57 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:Was the Big Boy bank a bobble bank? I was looking into buying one a while back, but not sure if bobble bank is something different than the one I saw (or if there are 2 versions?).

There were technically two Big Boy banks (one with black shoes and one with blue). If your referring to a bobbling/wobbling over-sized Big Boy, that item was not a bank but rather a 20” Wacky Wobbler, which was never-released; roughly only 10 samples exist of that Wobbler.

Thanks. Yeah, it was a regular bank and not the 20" Wacky Wobbler, I'm pretty sure those would be way out of my price range. Regarding the Big Boy (bank and regular wobblers), are they all made by Funko or did other companies make some as well. It's hard to tell from some of the ebay listings, but I know that they weren't really branded as Funko back in the day either.
Poppin'

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:16 am

theraven00 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Thanks. Yeah, it was a regular bank and not the 20" Wacky Wobbler, I'm pretty sure those would be way out of my price range. Regarding the Big Boy (bank and regular wobblers), are they all made by Funko or did other companies make some as well. It's hard to tell from some of the ebay listings, but I know that they weren't really branded as Funko back in the day either.

There were other big boy bobble-heads made by other companies, just have to refer here and it should help you get only the Funko made ones, as long as you avoid China sellers.

Big Boy Reference:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:57 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

There were other big boy bobble-heads made by other companies, just have to refer here and it should help you get only the Funko made ones, as long as you avoid China sellers.

Big Boy Reference:

Thanks! I'll be sure to refer to that when I finally look to add it to my collection soon.
Poppin'

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 pm

Another note about the Big Boy banks is that the Blue-shoed variant is the harder-to-find of the two. There were less made of the blue shoed bank.

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Nice collection, I'm jealous as heck. :freddy3:

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Love them but don’t have any unfortunately!
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 pm

GettingSodas wrote:Love them but don’t have any unfortunately!

Never a better time than now to get started! I see a stewie and a krusty on ebay calling your name!

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:38 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Never a better time than now to get started! I see a stewie and a krusty on ebay calling your name!

A Krusty you say!?
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:56 pm

GettingSodas wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

A Krusty you say!?

Krusty the clown.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3811639876

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm

There's no better time then now! My first Freddy Wacky Wobbler just made its way here and I'm in love! It all starts with one!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Hey! Welcome to the boards. I have a few bobble banks as well but my all time grail bank is the freddy boba fett pez bank! I’d like to find one one day.
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

ladybugwobblepop

Postby ladybugwobblepop » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Love the bobble banks. We have some but no pics yet.
Ladybugwobblepop :D

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:24 pm

I haven’t seen any of these in person. I’ll have to look at HQ and see if they have any in the window display.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 am

I've come across Frankenberry at Frank and Sons in LA and regret not picking it up :(
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

SpastikGrl

Postby SpastikGrl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:00 am

Bobble Banks?? Whats this all about... Sounds fantastik

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 pm

SpastikGrl wrote:Bobble Banks?? Whats this all about... Sounds fantastik

Look on Ebay!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:51 am

I have not seen any Bobble Banks in person. If I did, I'd probably buy one, regardless of cost.

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”