Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
User avatar
TheLastAnimator
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby TheLastAnimator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:17 pm

It would so great if the classic wacky wobbler design came back! I think it would be nice to see them out in stores again, have them as exclusives in cons, and see them in the Funko shop as well! These iconic bobble heads were a staple of Funko since the beginning and would love it if we can see them again in the near future. I'd like to see the classic wacky wobbler take with newly detailed molds similar to how funko has been able to improve molds with products like pops and such.
Possible lines Id wanna see in wacky wobbler form:
I love Lucy
Twilight Zone
Indiana Jones
Back To The Future
Star Wars Return of the Jedi
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Mickey Mouse
Steven Spielberg
Rod Serling

Who would be up for this and what lines would you like to see if The Classic Wobblers made a return?
:freddy3:

User avatar
thefunkohunko
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 am
Location: Birmingham, AL
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby thefunkohunko » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:44 pm

I'd love to see it as well! So many more Freddy Variants! Ghostbusters, Avengers, Ad Icons, it would be great!
Hey everybody, I'm Austin! :hello2:
I love collecting, drawing, and putting smiles on people’s faces!

Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
ISO- Vintage Rusted Mickey Mouse Hikari, Skeletor Retro Freddy, and Flocked Snowy Bigfoot! Please help me find them!

Image

digithor
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:20 pm

Would be neat to see some of those make a come back.
SDCC 2018
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

lavery01
Posts: 2107
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:13 pm
Location: OC

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby lavery01 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:25 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:I'd love to see it as well! So many more Freddy Variants! Ghostbusters, Avengers, Ad Icons, it would be great!


I really like the idea of having Ad Icon Wobblers. Starting with the new cereal Ad icons we gotten recently.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Image

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Without a doubt some more Bone Daddy, El Diablo, Freddys and might as well do all Spastik/Fantastik Plastik and maybe some more Ad Icons.
Image

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 9074
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby kevinbuddha » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:36 pm

No need to twist my arm to convince me...…….
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
Boymom4
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:36 am

YES...PLEASE!! I would absolutely love to see wacky wobblers in stores or funko shop. All I know is ebay is killing me lol so it would be nice to see some remakes for retail :)

User avatar
Toys R Us Kid
Posts: 893
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:25 am

I was thinking about this the other day. Discussed with a few friends even.

I’m a bit torn. Because as much as I’d LOVE for them to make a comeback, classic molds and same box. The fact that we rarely run into these is what makes them special. I’ve ran into rare wobblers and in some raaandom locations haha. It’s fun to find these in the wild. Most of them are cheap too. Which is nice. I’d just hate to see these get the flipper experience. Idk how’d I’d feel seeing it happen to the classics. Like, I think wobblers are sacred and I’d want them to stay untouched by the bot market.

But in the end, if they did get made, maybe only true Funatics would go after them. Just like the Spastik Plastik pops. Heck, I’d definitely buy them though, if they did get released again lol
You can call me Jorge. Always remember to have fun!
ISO Fundays ticket :(

Image
Instagram: toys.r.us.kid

User avatar
asiantonystark
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 10:02 pm
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby asiantonystark » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Without a doubt some more Bone Daddy, El Diablo, Freddys and might as well do all Spastik/Fantastik Plastik and maybe some more Ad Icons.


All you needed to say was Bone Daddy, El Diablo and Spastik Plastik. I'm so there with you! :bounce:
Slowly but surely, I'm adding to my Spastik wobbler collection!
:freddy3: Ryan / Tony / asiantonystark
IG/Twitter: @asiantonystark


Image Image Image Image

4x SDCC attendee (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018)
Funko Fundays 2017 - Team Rebel Alliance
Funko Fundays 2018 - Team Gremlins
Funky Hundo

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:51 pm

asiantonystark wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:Without a doubt some more Bone Daddy, El Diablo, Freddys and might as well do all Spastik/Fantastik Plastik and maybe some more Ad Icons.


All you needed to say was Bone Daddy, El Diablo and Spastik Plastik. I'm so there with you! :bounce:
Slowly but surely, I'm adding to my Spastik wobbler collection!


Well we have 2 of us now! Honestly the Spastik Plastik line is probably the best line Funko makes. I personally do not know of a single one that I do not like. They are all amazing to look at with all the detail and so much character. Definitely have to share some pics when you get a chance.
Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 3091
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm

I'd be excited to see ANY new classic Wacky Wobblers. Zero pickiness on my end. It's exciting just imaging it lol.
I be Chris.

Instagram - oldspiffysoul


Image

User avatar
asiantonystark
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 10:02 pm
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby asiantonystark » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Well we have 2 of us now! Honestly the Spastik Plastik line is probably the best line Funko makes. I personally do not know of a single one that I do not like. They are all amazing to look at with all the detail and so much character. Definitely have to share some pics when you get a chance.


I have something that should be arriving today, will definitely share pictures w/ you once I get it!
:freddy3: Ryan / Tony / asiantonystark
IG/Twitter: @asiantonystark


Image Image Image Image

4x SDCC attendee (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018)
Funko Fundays 2017 - Team Rebel Alliance
Funko Fundays 2018 - Team Gremlins
Funky Hundo

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:47 pm

asiantonystark wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Well we have 2 of us now! Honestly the Spastik Plastik line is probably the best line Funko makes. I personally do not know of a single one that I do not like. They are all amazing to look at with all the detail and so much character. Definitely have to share some pics when you get a chance.


I have something that should be arriving today, will definitely share pictures w/ you once I get it!

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing them.
Image

sorndobbler
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:01 am
Location: Texas

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby sorndobbler » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:03 pm

My first love is wacky wobblers. The new one they came ot with however are horrible. Old school is how they need to make them. if they were ever to do it again.
:freddy3: Cindy here!

User avatar
Strending625
Posts: 2658
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am
Location: Echo Base, Hoth
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby Strending625 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 pm

I would love it if they brought back Spastik/Fantastik or Freddy Wobblers again! They are classic Funko!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol
Dorbz: 100+
Pop PEZ: 43
Newest pop: 10” Bulbasaur, Charmander
ISO: NYCC Exclusive Mister Freeze Primal Age, HT White Raven, Monster Cereal Pop PEZ

User avatar
BigM
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 4846
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby BigM » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:49 am

sorndobbler wrote:My first love is wacky wobblers. The new one they came ot with however are horrible. Old school is how they need to make them. if they were ever to do it again.



The "new" ones they made were technically not wacky wobblers, just wobblers ;)
I agree that I don't like them nearly as much. They're still cool but they don't have the same look as wacky wobblers.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for Kiss USB protos
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
jenjen
Posts: 1236
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:22 pm
Location: Calabasas,Ca

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby jenjen » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Took me forever to like pops, now I can’t see myself ever collecting wobblers again.

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby renardchua » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:05 am

BigM wrote:
sorndobbler wrote:My first love is wacky wobblers. The new one they came ot with however are horrible. Old school is how they need to make them. if they were ever to do it again.



The "new" ones they made were technically not wacky wobblers, just wobblers ;)
I agree that I don't like them nearly as much. They're still cool but they don't have the same look as wacky wobblers.


Agree on this. I bought some of those "new look" wobblers, but it really doesn't add up to the joy in getting the old wacky wobblers.

Main reason I believe is the vintage, old-school nostalgia vibe is not found on those new ones (probably too stylized as well).

Here's to them releasing more retro Wacky Wobblers! [-o< [-o<
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
IG: renardchua

User avatar
StarWarsFunkoGirl
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Hampton VA

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 am

Yes to this, I only own 1 so far
Image

User avatar
supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 2599
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:34 am

I will take anything Twilight Zone at this point. lol lol lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.
Image


ISO CM Punk

User avatar
Deezy
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:43 pm
Location: Van down by the river
Contact:

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby Deezy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:47 am

Fantastik "Spastik" wobblers? ....oooooo..... :happy2:
Image
Diana IG: deezy_r1
ImageLos Spastikos FantastikosImage

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 pm

jenjen wrote:Took me forever to like pops, now I can’t see myself ever collecting wobblers again.


i'm oddly the opposite. while i still like pops, my taste and interest has gravitated towards some of the other lines such as wobblers and hikari
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

User avatar
nightbodega
Posts: 481
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Classic Wacky Wobbler Comeback?

Postby nightbodega » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:52 am

I'd love to see some Back To The Future, I love Lucy and Betty Boop.


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users