Evo kid question?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Evo kid question?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:29 pm

I recently acquired this piece and am having a hard time finding some information on what exactly it is. The normal one is on the left and is one of the painted versions of the Evo kid. The one I am questioning is the one on the right. The piece matches the painted version but it also glows. No matter how hard I try I can not make the painted version glow at all. I did see that they made a GITD version however the face is different and the PEZ in the hand sticks out on the bottom which this one does not. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm

TJ, here's what I have about those.

Evo Kid Mini Wobbler: Less Than Jake had 3,000 Evo Kids (green shirt) made for The Van's Warped Tour during the summer of 2003. Later that year, LTJ had a much smaller release with an all-glow version of Evo Kid (only) available during their fall tour with only 1,000 made.

There are four other Evo kids, as well, to include another GITD one that has "LTJ" on his shirt. Both of yours are the 2003 versions mentioned above. Yours are also the only ones i ever found any production data about. Oh, and the color version does not glow--not supposed to. ;-)
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm

For future reference, here are the other four

Image

The green shirt version I have was actually signed by the band.
Image Image

And just to add to the fun, Vinnie the drummer was the one who was into the collectibles and had Funko make these pieces. But even more significant (to me at least) was that:
"In July of 2004, Vinnie Fiorello, drummer for punk rock band Less Than Jake, got Funko to make his very own Monkey vs Robot Spastik Plastik’s. Included in series one were Color and B&W versions of Monkey Assassin, Gorilla Robot, and the Science Guy. The run was limited to only 500 pieces of each and sold out within the first 24 hrs." (note: there was not a B&W version of the Science Guy)
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Scotty wrote:For future reference, here are the other four

Image

The green shirt version I have was actually signed by the band.
Image Image

And just to add to the fun, Vinnie the drummer was the one who was into the collectibles and had Funko make these pieces. But even more significant (to me at least) was that:
"In July of 2004, Vinnie Fiorello, drummer for punk rock band Less Than Jake, got Funko to make his very own Monkey vs Robot Spastik Plastik’s. Included in series one were Color and B&W versions of Monkey Assassin, Gorilla Robot, and the Science Guy. The run was limited to only 500 pieces of each and sold out within the first 24 hrs." (note: there was not a B&W version of the Science Guy)


For the most part that makes alot of sense. So they ended up making 6 total. 2 for 2003 which is the ones I have a 4 from 2004. 2 GITD versions made and I have one of them. That's kinda what was throwing me off because the GITD version on PPG is slightly different than this one because of the mouth and the pez extends under the hand on PPG and mine does not. Does the GITD version that I have supposed to have LTJ on the chest? My second thought was possibly a proto but I have never seen any with printed letters(Less than Jake).
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
For the most part that makes alot of sense. So they ended up making 6 total. 2 for 2003 which is the ones I have a 4 from 2004. 2 GITD versions made and I have one of them. That's kinda what was throwing me off because the GITD version on PPG is slightly different than this one because of the mouth and the pez extends under the hand on PPG and mine does not. Does the GITD version that I have supposed to have LTJ on the chest? My second thought was possibly a proto but I have never seen any with printed letters(Less than Jake).


TJ, your GITD mini is exactly the way it's supposed to be. I didn't see a similar GITD mini on PPG. The GITD evo kid on PPG is labeled as a "mini", but that is actually the 12-inch Wobbler Bank. Scale is hard to determine when there's nothing near it. The pez handles did extend below the hand on all the banks. Another way to tell the banks from the minis when you can't see the scale is the box colors. Check out the difference between the PPG pic and the pic I posted of the actual minis.

Here's a pic of my two mini GITD evo kids for you to compare.

Image
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
TJLAUTERBACH
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Scotty wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
For the most part that makes alot of sense. So they ended up making 6 total. 2 for 2003 which is the ones I have a 4 from 2004. 2 GITD versions made and I have one of them. That's kinda what was throwing me off because the GITD version on PPG is slightly different than this one because of the mouth and the pez extends under the hand on PPG and mine does not. Does the GITD version that I have supposed to have LTJ on the chest? My second thought was possibly a proto but I have never seen any with printed letters(Less than Jake).


TJ, your GITD mini is exactly the way it's supposed to be. I didn't see a similar GITD mini on PPG. The GITD evo kid on PPG is labeled as a "mini", but that is actually the 12-inch Wobbler Bank. Scale is hard to determine when there's nothing near it. The pez handles did extend below the hand on all the banks. Another way to tell the banks from the minis when you can't see the scale is the box colors. Check out the difference between the PPG pic and the pic I posted of the actual minis.

Here's a pic of my two mini GITD evo kids for you to compare.

Image


Thank you so much for all your help. It all makes complete sense now.
Image

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Scotty wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
For the most part that makes alot of sense. So they ended up making 6 total. 2 for 2003 which is the ones I have a 4 from 2004. 2 GITD versions made and I have one of them. That's kinda what was throwing me off because the GITD version on PPG is slightly different than this one because of the mouth and the pez extends under the hand on PPG and mine does not. Does the GITD version that I have supposed to have LTJ on the chest? My second thought was possibly a proto but I have never seen any with printed letters(Less than Jake).


TJ, your GITD mini is exactly the way it's supposed to be. I didn't see a similar GITD mini on PPG. The GITD evo kid on PPG is labeled as a "mini", but that is actually the 12-inch Wobbler Bank. Scale is hard to determine when there's nothing near it. The pez handles did extend below the hand on all the banks. Another way to tell the banks from the minis when you can't see the scale is the box colors. Check out the difference between the PPG pic and the pic I posted of the actual minis.

Here's a pic of my two mini GITD evo kids for you to compare.


My pleasure. Helping other collectors is really the most fun part about being a Funatic. \:D/
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 9189
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:12 am

I do not have my LTJ Banks anymore nor do I have the boxed set of EVO kids. I only have the 2 from2003. I still have my ticket stub from the concert in Minneapolis and I display it in the plastic case with the GITD piece. I checked my GITD dark piece and it glows like a nightlight.

I do agree with Scotty, helping out funtaics with Funko info and history is always fun and guarantees us a place upstairs ;-)
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby Scotty » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 am

Ticket stubs? Now that is pretty cool.
Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

User avatar
FunkoLoco
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 6:41 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby FunkoLoco » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:16 pm

very cool pieces!
ImageImage

User avatar
FireEmblemZack
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:18 am
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby FireEmblemZack » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:36 am

I've been doing some looking around with the Less than Jake stuff. It's very cool and some rockin' tunes :D
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend :freddy3:

User avatar
divade23
Posts: 1024
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby divade23 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Scotty wrote:For future reference, here are the other four

Image

The green shirt version I have was actually signed by the band.
Image Image

And just to add to the fun, Vinnie the drummer was the one who was into the collectibles and had Funko make these pieces. But even more significant (to me at least) was that:
"In July of 2004, Vinnie Fiorello, drummer for punk rock band Less Than Jake, got Funko to make his very own Monkey vs Robot Spastik Plastik’s. Included in series one were Color and B&W versions of Monkey Assassin, Gorilla Robot, and the Science Guy. The run was limited to only 500 pieces of each and sold out within the first 24 hrs." (note: there was not a B&W version of the Science Guy)

I have never seen or heard of these but they are amazing. Thanks for the pics.
Diedre the Funko Fiend

Image

User avatar
Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY
Posts: 5339
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:14 pm
Location: El Chuco, Tejas

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby Reverend » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Scotty wrote:Ticket stubs? Now that is pretty cool.

Hey Scott hope life is good brother, it's been some time
ISO both Genie Freddys and a affordable Venom Freddy

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!



My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Image
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 9189
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Scotty wrote:Ticket stubs? Now that is pretty cool.


I will work on getting a picture to share my LTJ experience.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY
Posts: 7967
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm

We need more old school threads like this. Thanks for all the info Scotty!
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Posts: 9189
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Minnesota-where Sleestaks run free!

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:50 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:We need more old school threads like this. Thanks for all the info Scotty!


I TOTALLY agree with you!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

User avatar
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY
Posts: 7967
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Evo kid question?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:03 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:
I TOTALLY agree with you!


Hope to see you next year for FDO! I don't think I'll make it up to the Wobbler Summit, but if weather permits I may make the trip :)
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram


Return to “Wacky Wobblers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users