Trimming a Collection (aka Scotty's Collection)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Re: Trimming a Collection (aka Scotty's Collection)

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:17 pm

The1one1 wrote:
kevinbuddha wrote:
The1one1 wrote:What an amazing display. Everything is so neat and organized! Thanks for sharing there are so many nostalgic pieces! I got a laugh at “Bud Man”

There are 2 versions of Bud Man. One has a hairy chest and the other does not. Fun little Funko facts!

Call me a nerd but I LOVE those little fun facts! I was pretty young when Bud Man was a thing, so I can’t recall his chest hair but it’s Hilarious that funko made two versions with such a small difference.

I would NEVER call you a nerd, just an interesting Funatic who loves Funko history ;-)
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 am

Scott

This looks great. And those hucks love them. Thanks for sharing.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 am

Incredibly cool Scotty. This was a fun winding road to travel a long. Your den is well put together and I can only hope to have a space like that in my retirement :)
Hi, I'm CptSailor (Dillon)!

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

IG: cptsailorfunko

iso: Cuphead Protos, AOT Protos

YeetGrimes

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 am

That Big Top Freddy Wobbbler is AMAZING! Love Freddy dressed as a clown :D
Hiya, I'm Julie! I cosplayed as Pennywise at Funko Fundays 2019! I'm an It completist but also love to collect things from other movies, TV shows, games, etc. that I like.

I'm also an aspiring artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias:

Instagram: @julie.swaglord.grimes
Twitter: @YeetGrimes
ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am

Awesome Collection. Thanks for sharing this!. BTW the space freddys are some of my favorites as well.

Thanks again and beautiful collection.
Just call me Joe...

ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Metallic Mad Hatter Wobbler, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:09 pm

The1one1 wrote:
kevinbuddha wrote:
The1one1 wrote:What an amazing display. Everything is so neat and organized! Thanks for sharing there are so many nostalgic pieces! I got a laugh at “Bud Man”

There are 2 versions of Bud Man. One has a hairy chest and the other does not. Fun little Funko facts!

Call me a nerd but I LOVE those little fun facts! I was pretty young when Bud Man was a thing, so I can’t recall his chest hair but it’s Hilarious that funko made two versions with such a small difference.

Cliffy, if you're talking about the Bud Man that's in between my cereal Vynl, that's a ceramic Bud Man beer stein. Back in the 70's my family owned a bar/restaurant. The Anheiser-Bush distributor gave us one, saying it was a trial run for a new line of Bud Man steins. He said it was a limited production run. When they massed produced them they went with a bright white glossy base color instead of the earthy brown.
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:55 pm

What a amazing collection!!wow!!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua
ImageImage

ISO: T-Bone Protos, AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Scotty wrote:
dustman94 wrote:HOPE YOU HAVE A MAID, THE DUSTING GIVES ME NIGHTMARES.
NICE JOB

Jim, I always wondered if your board name was derived from the amount of dust a collection collects and the pain in the butt it is to get rid of it. That's why I bought the Billy cabinets with doors in the other house. Also why I put the Freddy's in my den in individual cases. I never intended to have so many pieces out in the open like I do now. I've been in the new house for about three years and have only done light dusting. One of these days I'm actually going to have to get after it. Can't hire a maid--wouldn't trust anyone else to do it right.

IF YOU REMEMBER LINUS FROM PEANUTS-- THAT'S BASICALLY ME. I GET TONS OF SAWDUST ON ME. MY DAUGHTERS LOVED HITTING ME TO SEE THE PUFF OF DUST THAT COES OFF ME

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:04 pm

dustman94 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
dustman94 wrote:HOPE YOU HAVE A MAID, THE DUSTING GIVES ME NIGHTMARES.
NICE JOB

Jim, I always wondered if your board name was derived from the amount of dust a collection collects and the pain in the butt it is to get rid of it. That's why I bought the Billy cabinets with doors in the other house. Also why I put the Freddy's in my den in individual cases. I never intended to have so many pieces out in the open like I do now. I've been in the new house for about three years and have only done light dusting. One of these days I'm actually going to have to get after it. Can't hire a maid--wouldn't trust anyone else to do it right.

IF YOU REMEMBER LINUS FROM PEANUTS-- THAT'S BASICALLY ME. I GET TONS OF SAWDUST ON ME. MY DAUGHTERS LOVED HITTING ME TO SEE THE PUFF OF DUST THAT COES OFF ME

That's right, I forgot (it's been a while), you're a cabinetmaker/woodworker. Coincidentally, I'm putting the finishing touches on my wood shop - last project of the move. Last project is building a 12' miter saw workbench, with the recess for the saw. Once I get that done, I'm in business. :cheers:
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM 5/14

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Scotty

It all looks great. You did a lot with what space you had, and it's all very clean and beautiful. I love the crystal HB of course (and so much more). Glad to see you again!
Becky

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Bad a** collection!!

thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Wow Scott!! Looks so amazing! So great finally seeing everything in the new house! Those Hucks are all so drool-worthy, and those pieces of art & uncut boxes! :eek: Spectacular pal!! =D>
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

dustman94

Postby dustman94 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Scotty wrote:
dustman94 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

That's right, I forgot (it's been a while), you're a cabinetmaker/woodworker. Coincidentally, I'm putting the finishing touches on my wood shop - last project of the move. Last project is building a 12' miter saw workbench, with the recess for the saw. Once I get that done, I'm in business. :cheers:

THAT'S HOW IT STARTS- NEXT YOU KNOW YOU NEED A SANDER THEN FINISH RIG THEN EPA GETS WIND OF YOU, THEY CALL THE TAX BOARD ETC. 35 YEARS LATER YOUR WONDERING WHAT THE HELL I
YOU GOT MYSELF IN TO

doctony

Postby doctony » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:56 pm

I am totally gobsmacked with your collection Scotty and what's amazing is the story behind them!

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”