First wobblers for my collection (updated on page 2)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Re: First wobblers for my collection

Postby Scotty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:54 pm

jullusion wrote:Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay in the photos, I ran into a big of a snag.

While I was taking photos, I noticed that some of the heads on some of the wobblers came off. It seems like the glue that kept the head attached to the body/springs no longer sticks and the head is easily removable. Also a sticker no longer sticks to the window.

I don't want to damage anything, so I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how I can fix it/what product should I use?

Thank you! \:D/

I have several Wobblers that have lost their heads (well- the glue, anyway). I chose not to fix them. I just balance the head on the spring and done.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:40 am

Scotty wrote:
jullusion wrote:Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay in the photos, I ran into a big of a snag.

While I was taking photos, I noticed that some of the heads on some of the wobblers came off. It seems like the glue that kept the head attached to the body/springs no longer sticks and the head is easily removable. Also a sticker no longer sticks to the window.

I don't want to damage anything, so I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how I can fix it/what product should I use?

Thank you! \:D/

I have several Wobblers that have lost their heads (well- the glue, anyway). I chose not to fix them. I just balance the head on the spring and done.

Thanks for the advice Scotty! I plan to follow your suggestion for now. It also gives more flexibility to being able to arrange the heads into specific positions. Thank you!
Hi, the name's Julian. Nice to meet cha! :freddy1:

ISO: Funko Pop! Uglydoll Ice-Bat chases (SDCC and Non-SDCC) to finally complete the set!

ladybugwobblepop

Postby ladybugwobblepop » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Love seeing all the post. Actually, our first was either Trix, Cap'n Crunch or Archie & Jughead. Can't remember which one can first. Just picked up what we like back then. The memories of our childhood. Back then we weren't collectors, just admirers.

We had no idea what Funko was.

Look at us now. Who knew?
Ladybugwobblepop :D

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 am

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting my newest additions. I wanted to make it them as clear and detailed as possible. If anyone wants to chime in with funko history on anything you see, please do! I love to learn about anything Funko. Without further ado, here are my newest additions! I hope you enjoy!

To begin, let’s start with a SDCC 2009 Johnny Fang. The glow is absolutely amazing and… super spooky!

Next, to keep up with the spookiness… it’s the twin duo SDCC 2010 Bat Boys!

Now that we got the spookiness out of the way, let’s get our sci-fi on! I am extremely happy that I am able to add the SDCC 2010 Robby the Robot wobblers and the Chase to my Robby collection. I included my Robby the Robot pops to give a complete view of my growing Robby collection! (Side note: If anyone is familiar/knowledgeable with the Robby the Robot Gemini Chase, I would appreciate if you could send me a PM. I have a question I would like to ask.)

Now where do we go from here? It has to be Rat Fink! Ever since I saw Rat Fink wobblers I knew that they are a must for my wobbler collection. They are very detailed and extremely cool. Sadly, I know that there are so many fakes being sold of Rat Fink wobblers so I included a photo of the bottom of their base to show that, hopefully, they are the real deal.

To keep up with my Rat Fink additions, here are my two newest 20+ inch wobblers. If anyone has any information on the metallic green Rat Fink 24inch, I would love to know. The only information I could gather is that it has a small edition size. I would love to know more about it. Also, the LTJ Bone Daddy is another addition to my small (but growing) LTJ collection. And the glow on the Bone Daddy was an awesome surprise!

Up next are two crystal/polystone wobblers I am so happy to add to the collection. I adore anything Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and Boo Berry. I hope to one day find the crystal/polystone version of Count Chocula and Boo Berry (and all other wobblers of these guys!), as well as the red/white (clear)/blue crystal Freddy.

Time to get our Marvel on! Being a huge fan of Marvel, I had to get a start on my Marvel wobbler collection. The presentation on the boxes are so amazing to look at. It has such a charm to it. And the glow… wow!! Also, the chrome base REALLY makes a wobbler stand out. I need to learn more about chrome bases but I definitely hope to add more to the collection. (I am aware that the Metallic Hulk is in the wrong sdcc box, I am in the process of getting the proper box sent to me).

And now, my final additions. Here is the complete Meal Magic crystal/polystone set. Words cannot describe how thankful I am to be able to add this to my collection. To give you a brief story, I sadly joined the Funko Forums not that long ago and so I missed out on the early Funko days on the boards. But once I began to understand the forums, I found out that I could see threads from so many years ago. Once I learned that, I began to go through them to learn about Funko and its history. If you have never done so, I advise to try it out. It’s an awesome experience. The kindness, friendships, history/knowledge is so vast, and the overall Funko environment was one-of-a-kind. In one of the threads, I came across Meal Magic and I was taken away. The design and history behind it is truly amazing. Essentially, a member on forums (FFJim) made these wobblers in partnership with Funko. Meal Magic will always hold a special spot in Funko history. Once I saw them, I hoped that I would be able to one day add to my collection but from what I was able to learn, there is only 100 of the “thank you” crystal wobbler and only 13 of each other colour. So I said to myself “well, at least I was able to know the history behind Meal Magic” and I was satisfied with that. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to add to complete set to my collection. I am so happy and thankful.

Well that’s everything... for now! I definitely need to learn and look into Wobbler protectors.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I hope you enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures.

Keep on collecting! \:D/

ISO: Funko Pop! Uglydoll Ice-Bat chases (SDCC and Non-SDCC) to finally complete the set!

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Re: First wobblers for my collection (updated on page 2)

Postby Reverend » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:45 pm

This is great, I love to see the old school. It brings back memories to when I started collecting. Keep it up!
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 pm

WOW!!!!!! So many awesome pieces I am jealous!!! My favorites are probably those spooky first few!! The glow Johnny Fang and the Bat Boys!! Oh and the LTJ display. So many great pieces!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Everything looks great Julian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:36 pm

Awesome Julian! Love them all and thanks for sharing!

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:48 pm

thanks for the kind words everyone! hope you enjoyed taking a look at these awesome classic wobblers as much as I do!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Julian, that was an awesome post. So many great, old-school Wobblers. =D> =D> =D>

Huge congrats on snagging a complete set of the Meal Magic crystals. There are very few who have a complete set. It's pretty darn cool that Jim had so many colors made.

I'm also very partial to that Robby Robot set. Don't know anything special about the chase piece. The regular and chase hit the streets in January 2010, that's about it.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:01 pm

So much old school awesomeness here! Congrats on the meal magic crystals! I didn't even know that many color variations were made! Thanks for sharing all those sweet wobbler's!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:05 am

You have a very unique wacky wobbler collection Julian! Such a great eye for detail and ultimate coolness!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 am

Awesome Collection Jullian!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Very cool array of characters Julian!! Congratulations on the awesome wobblers :headbang:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:26 pm

Wow, I was blown away when the picture loaded, congrats on the awesome first wobblers! :)
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

jullusion

Postby jullusion » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Thanks for all the kind words about my collection everyone, it means a lot!

kevinbuddha wrote:You have a very unique wacky wobbler collection Julian! Such a great eye for detail and ultimate coolness!

Thank you my friend! I definitely got the eye for unique wobblers from being inspired by your amazing collection. Your collection is the ultimate awesomeness!!!!

Scotty wrote:Julian, that was an awesome post. So many great, old-school Wobblers. =D> =D> =D>

Huge congrats on snagging a complete set of the Meal Magic crystals. There are very few who have a complete set. It's pretty darn cool that Jim had so many colors made.

I'm also very partial to that Robby Robot set. Don't know anything special about the chase piece. The regular and chase hit the streets in January 2010, that's about it.

Thanks Scotty. The reason I asked about the Funko Pop Robby the Robot chase piece is because I was told by someone that the color is off and that they are fakes. However, I know these are legitimate so I was a bit confused as to why the color is off. From what I was able to guess, I believe the purple/magenta paint easily fades on the Robby the Robot pop and wobbler?

Thank you again everyone for the comments, I am glad you guys enjoyed looking through the pictures.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Those are awesome! I love seeing people collecting the old lines! Congrats on some amazing additions!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:51 pm

slow down! let me catch up in my collection!!! ;)
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:51 pm

I never had a wobbler before. If they have a Superman or Gi Joe I might have to start to collect. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:36 am

Tusken wrote:I never had a wobbler before. If they have a Superman or Gi Joe I might have to start to collect. :freddy3:

They have many of both

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”