Funko Toy Suggestion: Build A figure line?

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
grilledeggplant

Funko Toy Suggestion: Build A figure line?

Postby grilledeggplant » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 pm

So another idea came to mind and I think Funko and you guys/gals would love!

Ready?...

Well its an idea from the current Marvel Legends toy line. For those that don't know, Marvel sells these 6' Inch action figures (Legends) and usually with the action figure you buy there's also a separate piece inside that includes a body piece that ultimately turns into a bigger action figure (If you collect all the pieces from the different action figures and assemble them). I feel like Funko should try this and experiment probably with the PoP! line. I think it will give collectors more incentive to actually open their boxes and display their figurines! They can also throw them in mystery bags/minis , etc. What do you guys think?

:freddy3:

Below is an example:

Classier

Re: Funko Toy Suggestion: Build A figure line?

Postby Classier » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:46 pm

I don’t see why they’d do that. This concept only really makes sense with action figures, and I think it’d be a massive disrespect to in-box collectors. Not only would there be figures that they have no option to have in box, but if Funko included BaF pieces, they’d have to resize the boxes to fit them, which would screw up a ton of in-box collections.
EDIT: I thought this was in the pop section, I’m cool with them doing this with their action figures. Carry on!
Last edited by Classier on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:04 pm

They already do this.

The Rick and Morty action figure line builds a Snowball figure if you buy the entire set:

Spoiler: show

As far as being "unfair" to In-Box collectors... I think Funko has always had the stance that things are more fun out of box.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:07 pm

In theory it sounds good, but as said by Classier it only kinda works with action figures. They already have it with the Rick and Morty action figures, but with Pops I don't know how it would work. Even if they somehow manage to fit the pieces in a normal sized pop box, they would more than likely stay in there for in box collectors. Mystery minis I could see working better with this idea, TLS already does this but granted their figures are able to be taken apart and put back together, unlike mystery minis.
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:25 pm

mariog1497 wrote:In theory it sounds good, but as said by Classier it only kinda works with action figures. They already have it with the Rick and Morty action figures, but with Pops I don't know how it would work. Even if they somehow manage to fit the pieces in a normal sized pop box, they would more than likely stay in there for in box collectors. Mystery minis I could see working better with this idea, TLS already does this but granted their figures are able to be taken apart and put back together, unlike mystery minis.

They could totally do it. Funko HQ has an entire Build Your Own Pop experience. It wouldn't be too hard to translate that into a series.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:They could totally do it. Funko HQ has an entire Build Your Own Pop experience. It wouldn't be too hard to translate that into a series.

I honestly forgot that they had that at HQ. Personally I wouldn't mind it, it would also encourage people to buy all the pops from the set (if each one contained a piece of the BaF) and also encourage to go OOB!
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:33 pm

OOB is life, i would hope it promoted more of it!
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:37 am

Slightly off topic, but I don’t understand why so many worry about how others choose to collect.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm

I think it is a cool idea. As others have mentioned I have already done it for the Rick and Morty figures (they both have BAF). A pop would be cool. Maybe they could do it similar to how they have it in HQ where you could buy a blank body and they various pops come with accessories or things for your own build a pop.

Return to “Other Funko Products”