Proto Wish List

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Rcmal1

Proto Wish List

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:37 am

Is there one specific Proto that you always wanted? If so, lets discuss!

For me, I would love a Proto of any of the Conan Pops! which always remind me of great times had at SDCC.

Webslinger

Re: Proto Wish List

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:55 am

Outside of other Spider-man protos. I would really like a Guy Fieri proto. After all he is The Mayor of Flavortown

Image Image

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Webslinger wrote:Outside of other Spider-man protos. I would really like a Guy Fieri proto. After all he is The Mayor of Flavortown

Now I need to just buy a Guy Fieri pop.

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:08 pm

I would love a miles morales, Wonder Woman, storm, or teen titans proto.

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:11 pm

Coraline!!! I saw somebody had gotten one from a previous Fundays in the past.. looks insanely cool!
Also Bojack Horseman or Wizard of Oz!!
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

VoltaMikeV7

Postby VoltaMikeV7 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:12 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:Is there one specific Proto that you always wanted? If so, lets discuss!

For me, I would love a Proto of any of the Conan Pops! which always remind me of great times had at SDCC.

This is tough, not sure I could narrow it down to one.
Maybe the colored version of Vegeta in his badman shirt.

Honorable mentions.
All White Scott Pilgrim
All White Bob Ross
Any Freddy but especially and XL dorbz
VOLTA [Miiike]
IG: @Voltas_Vault
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:28 pm

I actually have my all-time most wanted proto, which was Max in her Michael Myers costume from Stranger Things. If I have a most wanted now, it would probably be the 12th Doctor with his guitar because that is my favorite Pop ever.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:31 pm

I would want Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, or some of the Tokidoki ones that were released (I did get to trade for a Unicorno last year!)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:14 pm

FRANKENSTEIN Freddy Funko. 350 Piece :freddy3:
Image Image
ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:17 pm

scullysdad wrote:I actually have my all-time most wanted proto, which was Max in her Michael Myers costume from Stranger Things. If I have a most wanted now, it would probably be the 12th Doctor with his guitar because that is my favorite Pop ever.

That is awesome, how did you get the one you wanted the most? The world of Protos is still so new to me.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:18 pm

kihou wrote:I would want Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, or some of the Tokidoki ones that were released (I did get to trade for a Unicorno last year!)

Is trading how most people secure the ones they want?

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Itty bitty pop protos haha

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:36 pm

I have human Mei from Turning Red but would LOVE panda Mei to go with her!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:36 pm

One Freddy Funko Proto (any mold basically) for my collection is on my long term goals list.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:49 pm

I'd love to pull anything from ATLA, Haunted Mansion (or Disney Parks in general) or Ted Lasso. One day hopefully but I'm more than content with the production pieces I have if that doesn't happen :)

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:52 pm

Really want a Halo or Gears of War Proto.

MHA would be fuego too!
Cheers Funko Fam!

PinoPenguino

Postby PinoPenguino » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:57 pm

Ooooo I have 2 protos that I love to own the first is just widely any Pokémon Proto I’m a huge fan! Have played every game, still watch the show, collect the cards, have a few plushies and pretty much have all the flocked and glitter variations of the pops. The other would be a proto of Stitch because that was my very first funko ever. I went to NYCC with my friend and he was the real funko collector, but I saw the flocked Stitch and just had to have him!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:07 pm

My proto list is pretty short but pretty unattainable all the same

Super-Skrull
Doppelganger
Buggy the Clown
Darkwing Duck

swobobafett
Hall of Fame Class of 2007
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby swobobafett » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:21 pm

I'm currently looking for Lucas Lee.
Funko Funbae

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:26 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I actually have my all-time most wanted proto, which was Max in her Michael Myers costume from Stranger Things. If I have a most wanted now, it would probably be the 12th Doctor with his guitar because that is my favorite Pop ever.

That is awesome, how did you get the one you wanted the most? The world of Protos is still so new to me.

I got the Lady Loki proto at FunDays last year and traded it on the Facebook proto group for Max. I would look up that group, it's a super helpful place.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:38 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I got the Lady Loki proto at FunDays last year and traded it on the Facebook proto group for Max. I would look up that group, it's a super helpful place.

Thanks, I guess I do myself a disservice and try not to be on social media. I get my fix these days from lurking and posting on the message board. I do appreciate the advice though.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:39 pm

Mr Yac wrote:My proto list is pretty short but pretty unattainable all the same

Super-Skrull
Doppelganger
Buggy the Clown
Darkwing Duck

I feel bad I have so many questions to people posting on this, but what makes them unattainable besides the rarity of the Proto itself?

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:42 pm

Animation - Uncle Iroh or any of the Aang Gaang from ATLA. The first Edward Elric from FMA. With the Haikyuu pops announced, I’d love to get Hinata and Kageyama.

Marvel - The deluxe Nightcrawler. Hawkeye with Ant-Man on the arrow. Hoodie Miles.

Games - Any of Persona 5, especially Joker and Skull.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:54 pm

:mad:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Super-Skrull
Doppelganger
Buggy the Clown
Darkwing Duck

I feel bad I have so many questions to people posting on this, but what makes them unattainable besides the rarity of the Proto itself?

Don't feel bad whatsoever! Funko gives out prototypes at their events and social media contests. Its all random so to get on you of your top ISO's you either need to lucky with your pull, trade for it, or straight up buy it. Depending on the character and how popular a particular property is, it could be super pricey. You also want to be cautious if you buy from ebay since a lot of fakes pop up there and if you buy, you want to make sure there's proper lineage with the proto. There's a wonderful FB group called Funko Protos 101 that has many seasoned proto collectors and a bunch of great info/ advice.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:59 pm

lazcommalisa wrote::mad:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Super-Skrull
Doppelganger
Buggy the Clown
Darkwing Duck

Don't feel bad whatsoever! Funko gives out prototypes at their events and social media contests. Its all random so to get on you of your top ISO's you either need to lucky with your pull, trade for it, or straight up buy it. Depending on the character and how popular a particular property is, it could be super pricey. You also want to be cautious if you buy from ebay since a lot of fakes pop up there and if you buy, you want to make sure there's proper lineage with the proto. There's a wonderful FB group called Funko Protos 101 that has many seasoned proto collectors and a bunch of great info/ advice.

I saw one on ebay that was surprisingly cheap but it was multi colored like a orange brown on bottom and the head was white. Does that make them less valued? The one I have is all white that I got from Fundays last year.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
kihou wrote:I would want Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion, or some of the Tokidoki ones that were released (I did get to trade for a Unicorno last year!)

Is trading how most people secure the ones they want?

I know many people will buy them as well. After Fundays, lots of people would move to the lobby and trade/buy/sell things that they missed including protos. I personally don't collect protos enough to spend money and I only will trade, but I know many will do either if they find one they really want!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:

Like lazcommalisa said, the protos are such a random occurrence if one was ever given out the odds of you finding it are pretty slim let alone the person wanting to trade or sell it.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:23 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I saw one on ebay that was surprisingly cheap but it was multi colored like a orange brown on bottom and the head was white. Does that make them less valued? The one I have is all white that I got from Fundays last year.

I'm not too sure but from what I understand, its mainly what a person is collecting. Someone might be after an all white or multi-colored one.

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:30 pm

I REALLY want a Phoenix proto [-o< [-o< [-o<

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

zachattack

Postby zachattack » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:05 pm

I've always wanted a Pennywise proto! That would be the star of my IT Collection! Especially if it was the OG Tim Curry Proto
Sincerely,
Zach Attack!
Funatic of the Month for March 2024
Photo-A-Day Challenge December 2023 "Movie Night"
FunkoSodaSaturday Winner April 2022

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Some people like the colorful ones more. I would just advise that you ask a lot of questions before buying off of ebay - there are issues with people putting up scrapper Pops (ones that didn't get colored and were supposed to be thrown away but instead get taken by workers and resold as "protos"). Anyone selling a legit proto should have its history and hopefully be backed by people in the community.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:56 pm

I'd have to say my dream protos would be any of the characters from Regular Show. Also any Danny Phantom pops but especially Freddy as Danny Phantom.

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:11 pm

Any Doctor from Doctor Who
ImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Optimus Prime Freddy or Spiderman Freddy for me.

:freddy2:

nostaljay

Postby nostaljay » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:29 pm

My girlfriend has almost the whole line of One Piece, so she’s definitely hoping to grab any of those . I’d be on the lookout for any Freddy Protos, probably looking for a grail Optimus Freddy Proto :freddy2:
ImageImage
#TEAMPROTOROBOS #TEAMFUNAMUCK BEARS
Owner of OriginalFunko username on Discord <-Come grab this username back from me Freddy!

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:49 pm

Anything Freddy, Disney or Harry Potter. I always get some damn sports guy lol.
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:50 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:Anything Freddy, Disney or Harry Potter. I always get some damn sports guy lol.

at the last 2 events my wife got a baseball player each time. lol

Mrswestcoastfunko

Postby Mrswestcoastfunko » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:55 pm

I would like a fairy god mother or cinderella (newer models)
proto
ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:16 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:Anything Freddy, Disney or Harry Potter. I always get some damn sports guy lol.

at the last 2 events my wife got a baseball player each time. lol

Ha, my wife got a soccer player and we still have no idea which one. The figure has a full beard, spiky hair, and is in the pose where their leg is perched on the ball, and no released figure is the same.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:27 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Ha, my wife got a soccer player and we still have no idea which one. The figure has a full beard, spiky hair, and is in the pose where their leg is perched on the ball, and no released figure is the same.

got a pic of it?

Return to “Other Funko Products”