Funko Tote Bags

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Funko Tote Bags

Postby heymrosario » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:32 am

I've been organizing my Funko tote bags and I have a few thoughts:

Fundays Tote Bag
The Camp Fundays bag is the most unique bag to me! I think the backpack approach is really nice and it's functional! It definitely held up almost all of the prizes, goodies, and box of fun! \:D/

Con Booth Tote Bag
I think the Festival of Fun tote bag, gifted by a friend to me, is my favorite! I think it's simple, yet very festive and fits perfectly for that year's booth theme.

Overall, these tote bags are very durable and I'm able to use them to relocate my collection and it holds up... a lot lol

•••

Have you look through your Funko tote bags lately?
Which one is your most favorite from Fundays and/or Con Booth?
Which design did you like the best?

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Re: Funko Tote Bags

Postby lazcommalisa » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:52 pm

I'm a Funko anything collector (and hoarder) and the bags that have been given out have been really fun and creative. I think a big personal favorite of mine is the Fright Night pillow case type of bag. Its just so unique and I love the design but its not really practical compared to bags from other events.

wengderful

Postby wengderful » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:38 pm

I was super happy that the bags this year was a backpack. So much easier moving around with my toddler!
Fundays 2015:2016:2022:2023

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:56 pm

i still love the previous fundays bags designs but
definitely enjoying the bag for this year!

i think it may have been me, my bag was a little
too heavy so the velcro couldnt stick close
but thats ok :)

its crazy how a simple cute bag makes
us funatics so happy haha
ImageImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:52 pm

I have a bin full of my Funko event bags lol
I need Becky to post a cool way to store/display these like the posters and pins haha
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

squirkpoo

Postby squirkpoo » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:03 pm

I love the Camp Fundays bag, especially because of the squirrel! It's always nice whenever the bags are more functional, though. The giant blue bags from the booth (forgot what year that was) were like almost as tall as me LOL, so it was such a struggle carrying that around the convention without banging it into things/people.
Collecting Since 2012
:pooh:
I'm either at Disneyland
or on Instagram: @squirkpoo
That's it. Ok, bye!

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:32 pm

I think so far my favorite is the Fundays 2022 Blacklight Battle Bag - the colors pop on it really well!

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

squirkpoo

Postby squirkpoo » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:07 am

funkopants777 wrote:i still love the previous fundays bags designs but

My Camp Fundays bag wouldn't close all the way either! It kept opening back up, so I had to carry it in front instead of as a backpack so things wouldn't fall out while walking to our hotel - but the design is SO cute!!
Collecting Since 2012
:pooh:
I'm either at Disneyland
or on Instagram: @squirkpoo
That's it. Ok, bye!

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:01 pm

The bag design this year was great! The backpack design fit very well thematically, and was a nice change of pace.

The velcro was an odd choice for sure. They probably expected it to be stronger.
They should have gone with button clasps instead, in my opinion

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:23 pm

squirkpoo wrote:

My Camp Fundays bag wouldn't close all the way either! It kept opening back up, so I had to carry it in front instead of as a backpack so things wouldn't fall out while walking to our hotel - but the design is SO cute!!

I definitely carried mine like I was holding a baby in-front of me haha! lol I totally forgot about the velcro, but tbh, I don't think it mattered because my bag was so full of goodies and I was carrying my trophy and my fundays swag bag on both hands. I had to ask my friend to help me with my other backpack lol

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:20 pm

heymrosario wrote:I definitely carried mine like I was holding a baby in-front of me haha! lol I totally forgot about the velcro, but tbh, I don't think it mattered because my bag was so full of goodies and I was carrying my trophy and my fundays swag bag on both hands. I had to ask my friend to help me with my other backpack lol

I think I figured out the sweet spots of the Velcro so the Fundays bag stayed close when we were walking back to our hotel but it was def a struggle. Maybe if the Velcro strips were a bit bigger and/or had a stronger hold. I liked that it fit the Bigfoot POP! and the BOF nicely. Overall I liked how this one really fit the theme, kinda like the pillowcase bag from Fright Night. lol
I do like the standard con/Fundays bag (like Freddy's Beach Bash, Festival of Fun, Fundays Blacklight Battle, etc.) since it fits 24 standard-sized POP! boxes perfectly. I've cut out sturdy cardboard and applied clear tape all around it to reinforce the bottom of the bag.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:32 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
heymrosario wrote:I definitely carried mine like I was holding a baby in-front of me haha! lol I totally forgot about the velcro, but tbh, I don't think it mattered because my bag was so full of goodies and I was carrying my trophy and my fundays swag bag on both hands. I had to ask my friend to help me with my other backpack lol

I think I figured out the sweet spots of the Velcro so the Fundays bag stayed close when we were walking back to our hotel but it was def a struggle. Maybe if the Velcro strips were a bit bigger and/or had a stronger hold. I liked that it fit the Bigfoot POP! and the BOF nicely. Overall I liked how this one really fit the theme, kinda like the pillowcase bag from Fright Night. lol
I do like the standard con/Fundays bag (like Freddy's Beach Bash, Festival of Fun, Fundays Blacklight Battle, etc.) since it fits 24 standard-sized POP! boxes perfectly. I've cut out sturdy cardboard and applied clear tape all around it to reinforce the bottom of the bag.

Oh! I totally forgot about the pillowcase bag from Fright Night! lol Although it was neat and it totally fits the theme, as the night went on, we got more prizes, the bag kept filling up to the brim and it got a bit heavier - it was kinda hard to carry back to the hotel. I love the design tho! I hope the bags for future events will match the theme very nicely and seamlessly like the Camp Fundays backpacks! What a unique solution! Huge props to the ideation team! =D>

The standard con/Fundays bags are definitely functional! it fits the pops so perfectly and it's sturdy too! \:D/

waltstikiland

Postby waltstikiland » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:14 pm

Such a fun bag indeed!!

Camp Fundays has to be one of the most creative bags although the Freaky Tiki Fundays bag was also incredibly cute!
Started collecting Funko back in 2012!

I am a huge Star Wars fan as well as all things Mid-Century! :mickey2:
I love to go to Tiki Bars and all of Tiki Culture

Love all things Freddy and love to learn more about Funko history!

NYCC 2015-2022
Star Wars Celebration 2022-23

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:22 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:I'm a Funko anything collector (and hoarder) and the bags that have been given out have been really fun and creative. I think a big personal favorite of mine is the Fright Night pillow case type of bag. Its just so unique and I love the design but its not really practical compared to bags from other events.

I agree, I like the concept they were going for…. Hooooowwwwevvveerrrrrrr… if they had sewn in some handles on the inside for Better transport it might have been better.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:35 pm

The backpack style this year was awesome. It was the only way I was able to carry everything back to our hotel while pushing a stroller and carrying the kiddo. I have way too many of the GIANT bags from the funko booth and they're not the most effective for normal use.
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Let me tell you, I keep all the bags I got from cons and fundays, they are very durable and multifunctional. It sometimes amazes me by how much stuff I can fit inside them. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:33 pm

heymrosario wrote:
squirkpoo wrote:

I definitely carried mine like I was holding a baby in-front of me haha! lol I totally forgot about the velcro, but tbh, I don't think it mattered because my bag was so full of goodies and I was carrying my trophy and my fundays swag bag on both hands. I had to ask my friend to help me with my other backpack lol

i was carrying it front/kangaroo style too lol !!
maybe thatll be the bag style/design next time haha
ImageImageImage

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:22 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:I have a bin full of my Funko event bags lol
I need Becky to post a cool way to store/display these like the posters and pins haha

I'm on it! lol
San Diego funatic

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:24 pm

pinklaquer wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:I'm a Funko anything collector (and hoarder) and the bags that have been given out have been really fun and creative. I think a big personal favorite of mine is the Fright Night pillow case type of bag. Its just so unique and I love the design but its not really practical compared to bags from other events.

I agree, I like the concept they were going for…. Hooooowwwwevvveerrrrrrr… if they had sewn in some handles on the inside for Better transport it might have been better.

Yes like two little tiny foldout ones on the top? I was thinking the SAME THING. I didn't use it as a backpack myself, but someone else in my party did. I just couldn't get it to close with all the looooooooot
San Diego funatic

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:26 pm

My favorite is the NYCC one from last year. The Frightmare On Fun Street was such a great theme and I'm a huge Halloween fan.

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:59 pm

My favorite has to be the Soda bag from Hollywood a few years ago. But I do love the Funday bags as well. I really enjoyed the Funko booth bag last year. I have too many of the ridiculously large blue cloth bags lol

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:18 am

wengderful wrote:I was super happy that the bags this year was a backpack. So much easier moving around with my toddler!

I feel you on that for sure. Having a backpack with a toddler makes life easier. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

todaresq

Postby todaresq » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:07 pm

I only have the blue one... but, it is signed by Mike so makes it pretty nice. :)

Return to “Other Funko Products”