Funko Posters throughout the years

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
reggieu

Re: Funko Posters throughout the years

Postby reggieu » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:40 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
reggieu wrote:
Spoiler: show

I got this poster from an artist signing event at the B&N Northgate Mall a loooong time ago.

What year was that? Used to occasionally go to that B&N when we lived in Seattle

I wish it had the year on the poster, but I’m thinking somewhere between 2014-2016. It was shortly before Funko blew up in popularity. The crowd was 50 people at most.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:18 pm

reggieu wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
reggieu wrote:

I got this poster from an artist signing event at the B&N Northgate Mall a loooong time ago.

What year was that? Used to occasionally go to that B&N when we lived in Seattle

I wish it had the year on the poster, but I’m thinking somewhere between 2014-2016. It was shortly before Funko blew up in popularity. The crowd was 50 people at most.

Oh nice! Those were definitely some of the good ol' days, before the HQ store opened and when the lines weren't super ridiculous at conventions and exclusives didn't sell out so quickly.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:47 pm

I love seeing all the posters together, I didn't realize there were so many. I keep padding mine to a roll in the closet promising Ill hang them one day going all the way back to the Barns days, after I moved Pop cultured never went back up.
- tauntaunking on instagram

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:39 pm

heymrosario wrote:Inspired by Renard's initial poster list above, I also created a list of the recent posters starting from 2018 to current. I'll continue to update this list when we have available photos of the newest posters and events.

Please feel free to use this as your personal checklist and/or share with our fellow Funatics who are interested in collecting the posters. Also, please flag any posters that are currently missing from this list. I'd be happy to update and upload the latest version. Thanks so much in advance! \:D/

That’s awesome! Thanks
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

Peruvianpopper

Postby Peruvianpopper » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:00 am

heymrosario wrote:Inspired by Renard's initial poster list above, I also created a list of the recent posters starting from 2018 to current. I'll continue to update this list when we have available photos of the newest posters and events.

Please feel free to use this as your personal checklist and/or share with our fellow Funatics who are interested in collecting the posters. Also, please flag any posters that are currently missing from this list. I'd be happy to update and upload the latest version. Thanks so much in advance! \:D/

MAN THANK YOU SO MUCH!
i was looking for this list. april told me about it and i had to rush and find it

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:51 pm

reggieu wrote:Image

These were arts from then Funko artist Amos Maldonado. I personally have some postcards as well. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:50 pm

Peruvianpopper wrote:

MAN THANK YOU SO MUCH!
i was looking for this list. april told me about it and i had to rush and find it

Glad you found it! Sorry, I should've been more specific about where to find it when I replied back to you on that IG post.

There's also posters for the Bella Poarch signing event at Funko Hollywood and the Snoop Dogg Tha Dogg House store grand opening if you wanna count those, plus another Everett Aquasox poster coming up for their Funko Fridays giveaway on Sept 8.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:53 am

Funko Swag Checklists: Posters, Pins, & Buttons
http://funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=103938

This was a daunting project but it's finally posted.
NOTE: It's as complete as we could make it. So please please please feel free to comment on the checklist discussion thread provided if there are any missing dates, items, or other information so we can keep the list up-to-date. If you're able to, please provide an image, date, and name of the swag item(s).
This is only for items given from Funko (for example, at their convention booths, convention panels, special events, in-store events, Everett Aquasox games, etc.), not Funatic-made swag.

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:50 pm

renardchua wrote:While most of the Funatics collect the actual Funko products, I personally am a big fan of collecting memorabilia stuff as well.

Over the past few weeks, I observed that there was a sudden surge in interest with regards to Funko event posters, which I believe is mainly from the post of Becky over at Instagram - so let me try to chime in with the fun as well - and I am happy that a lot of us are in the same boat.

I mostly acquired them pre-pandemic, but during the pandemic, I have a lot of time and browsed through the boards and managed to add some pieces that I didn’t know that existed. Then, I slowly manage to frame them one by one to keep the conditions of the posters intact, the only problem is that I store them together as I have no place to hand all of them at the moment. lol lol [next goal is to have a big house to hang all of these up. lol]

Also, if there are any factual errors, or any other fun tidbits, please let me know, as I got the information mostly through the boards, and/or at that time of my acquisition.

First off, this is just Part 1 of my entry with regards to the Funko posters I accumulated across the years. The order I am placing them is roughly from the oldest to the most current one.

The Funko Wacky Wobbler Galaxy of Stars
This piece also served as the catalog for the year 2003. I think there was no official catalog that year.

For additional reading about catalogs, this thread by Kroffty below is a good read. :)

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=86913

Freddy Funko cardboard prints from Wild Bill
Next, we have two cardboard prints from a Funatic event organized by Wild Bill. There might be other variants to this, but currently I have these two versions.

Image[/url]

Barnes and Nobles Shared Exclusive Poster Giveaway
All 4 posters were below were giveaways at Barnes and Nobles during SDCC week. They were distributed together with these SDCC Shared Exclusives. For years from 2014 to 2016, I am certain is during SDCC, but for the DC poster, I am not sure if its SDCC or NYCC but is definitely B&N.

2014 - Pop! Television checklist poster

2015 - Pop! Movies checklist poster

2016 - Get Pop! Cultured Freddy poster

2017 - DC Trinity Pop! Poster
Image[/url]

Designer Con 2018 posters
These 3 posters were handed out at the Funko booth at Dcon that year. We have the following designs: Freddy Funk-o’s in Japanese cereal box, white Funk-o’s poster and the Amazing Carlos box art poster.

Making Fun Movie Poster
The movie poster of Funko’s first ever documentary, Making Fun.

Stay tuned for the next part of these series - this will be mostly 2019 onwards. :)

I have 3 so far nycc 2022, sdcc23, nycc23
NYCC 21,22,23 - SDCC 23
Fright night 22 , Fundays 23
NYCC Fugitive 23
Just Chillinnn :blob6:

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:49 pm

What an awesome checklist Marc! I'm sure alort of Funatics will find this pretty useful!

- Great collection of posters Renard!
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:29 pm

Was there a poster for NYCC this year? I tried searching on Google but just get dozens of pics of the Luffy wanted poster.
Last edited by scullysdad on Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:12 pm

scullysdad wrote:Was there a poster for NYCC this year? I tried searching on Google buy just get dozens of pics of the Luffy wanted poster.

Yes a grey scall red background one. Frdddy as liberty statue look to it. It was really cool. I am sure someone has it and can post a picture.

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:25 am

scullysdad wrote:Was there a poster for NYCC this year? I tried searching on Google but just get dozens of pics of the Luffy wanted poster.

There was! It was a very limited quantity - ran out so quickly, but here's the poster. Mike Becker also showcased this poster on one of his Instagram reel. Also, don't forget to check out the Funko Posters Checklist here for the latest updates ;)

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:38 pm

These posters are fantastic. Only have a few myself but always appreciate the ones that I see.

Ep245

Postby Ep245 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:11 pm

Oh, these posters look great — thanks for sharing! I finally was able to nap a poster at this year’s Fundays and the Camp Fundays design and color scheme is really nice. Hoping to get it framed soon, too!
——
- Funko Fundays 2018 (Prom!)
- Camp Fundays 2023

:freddy2:

caziusclay

Postby caziusclay » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:12 pm

scullysdad wrote:Was there a poster for NYCC this year? I tried searching on Google but just get dozens of pics of the Luffy wanted poster.

Searching through eBay or Mercari you'll have to sift through the recently released POP! Movie Posters and POP! Animation Posters to get to the listings for the special event and convention posters. Mike Becker always loves to show off on his Instagram the posters, pins, and other swag Funko will have at their booths at conventions.
Instagram: @djcaziusclay

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:09 pm

I love looking at all these designs. Really all so amazing
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:58 pm

Now it’ll be awesome to see all of them lined up on a single wall. I’m sure someone here has em all framed

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:18 pm

renardchua wrote:While most of the Funatics collect the actual Funko products, I personally am a big fan of collecting memorabilia stuff as well.

Over the past few weeks, I observed that there was a sudden surge in interest with regards to Funko event posters, which I believe is mainly from the post of Becky over at Instagram - so let me try to chime in with the fun as well - and I am happy that a lot of us are in the same boat.

I mostly acquired them pre-pandemic, but during the pandemic, I have a lot of time and browsed through the boards and managed to add some pieces that I didn’t know that existed. Then, I slowly manage to frame them one by one to keep the conditions of the posters intact, the only problem is that I store them together as I have no place to hand all of them at the moment. lol lol [next goal is to have a big house to hang all of these up. lol]

Also, if there are any factual errors, or any other fun tidbits, please let me know, as I got the information mostly through the boards, and/or at that time of my acquisition.

First off, this is just Part 1 of my entry with regards to the Funko posters I accumulated across the years. The order I am placing them is roughly from the oldest to the most current one.

The Funko Wacky Wobbler Galaxy of Stars
This piece also served as the catalog for the year 2003. I think there was no official catalog that year.

For additional reading about catalogs, this thread by Kroffty below is a good read. :)

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=86913

Freddy Funko cardboard prints from Wild Bill
Next, we have two cardboard prints from a Funatic event organized by Wild Bill. There might be other variants to this, but currently I have these two versions.

Image[/url]

Barnes and Nobles Shared Exclusive Poster Giveaway
All 4 posters were below were giveaways at Barnes and Nobles during SDCC week. They were distributed together with these SDCC Shared Exclusives. For years from 2014 to 2016, I am certain is during SDCC, but for the DC poster, I am not sure if its SDCC or NYCC but is definitely B&N.

2014 - Pop! Television checklist poster

2015 - Pop! Movies checklist poster

2016 - Get Pop! Cultured Freddy poster

2017 - DC Trinity Pop! Poster
Image[/url]

Designer Con 2018 posters
These 3 posters were handed out at the Funko booth at Dcon that year. We have the following designs: Freddy Funk-o’s in Japanese cereal box, white Funk-o’s poster and the Amazing Carlos box art poster.

Making Fun Movie Poster
The movie poster of Funko’s first ever documentary, Making Fun.

Stay tuned for the next part of these series - this will be mostly 2019 onwards. :)

These are so cool!
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Return to “Other Funko Products”