Project Fred: Big Boy (title changed by moderator)

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
geekypeeples

Re: I guess we need a new Product Talk for the new product introduced yesterday...

Postby geekypeeples » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:05 pm

Sthesuperstar wrote:
geekypeeples wrote:Looking forward to seeing this new Project Fred in Person and getting a true feel for the weight and size and materials feel. The pin looks great sad I could not make it out to grab one and the poster and be around funko family.

I agree. I want to see it in person and see how it feels and looks. Hopefully they will have it on display at C2E2. The pins are awesome though

Yes on display at C2e2 would be great or even in HQ and Hollywood maybe even Toy Tokyo in NY to hit variois regions with a display across the ckuntry prior to the sale going live on March 7th.
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

GalaxyBodega

Re: I guess we need a new Product Talk for the new product introduced yesterday...

Postby GalaxyBodega » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:33 pm

hpellot wrote:
TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:I am just confused...like why the price, I am not complaining of the price just confused literally at why it warrants that tag

I agree the price is just not ideal

Price higher than diecast shogun hikari higher than the 18in pops

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:57 pm

I'm really into it. I love ultra premium and luxury goods and this feels like something substantial that's limited, exclusive, and has meaning. I'm good with the price.

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:49 pm

Chingy wrote:I'm really into it. I love ultra premium and luxury goods and this feels like something substantial that's limited, exclusive, and has meaning. I'm good with the price.

I agree with all this and love that about Funko, esp scooping a con pop for $15 and it being LE1000 OR so...I'm just not sure what the meaning or angle they playing with this one but it's not their job to explain it lol

Steelo99

Postby Steelo99 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:17 am

The price is a high. But think I will try and get
one. Hopefully I get picked from the lottery.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:30 am

GalaxyBodega wrote:
hpellot wrote:
TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:I am just confused...like why the price, I am not complaining of the price just confused literally at why it warrants that tag

I agree the price is just not ideal

That is true this is a whole new level of price for a funko product
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:35 am

price is pretty high, but if they make a jordan i wouldbt be able to help myself.

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:06 pm

Steelo99 wrote:The price is a high. But think I will try and get

Which lottery is this??
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:10 pm

plumb102 wrote:

Which lottery is this??

They are referring to the new EQL system that they are using for the project fred drop! It's basically an anti bot thing and should only let people get 1 entry per. Pretty much a lotto system of sorts
Anime/Pokemon Collector

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:54 pm

Elviax wrote:
plumb102 wrote:

Which lottery is this??

They are referring to the new EQL system that they are using for the project fred drop! It's basically an anti bot thing and should only let people get 1 entry per. Pretty much a lotto system of sorts

Ah, got it! Thanks for the clarification :freddy2:
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

Arcadefunko

Postby Arcadefunko » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:47 pm

I like the idea 100%. It's the price for me.
IG: @arcadefunko

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:58 pm

I do like the concept but not a have to have piece for my collection. the price is bit steep but I do understand the more limited the item. We shall see how this pans out. I am all for making more limited pieces.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:44 pm

Like it but that price, oof. I'm going to watch this and see how is shakes out after a few weeks in the market.

GalaxyBodega

Postby GalaxyBodega » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:52 pm

hpellot wrote:
GalaxyBodega wrote:
hpellot wrote:I agree the price is just not ideal

That is true this is a whole new level of price for a funko product

the premium valued bigboy

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:22 am

Will be interesting to keep watch/tab on. See how far they go with this new idea. I've noticed that Funko seems to have short attention spans. They'll hyper focus on something like a new product line and produce many items under that. But then it's as if they lose focus/interest and decide "I'm bored now, let's move on" and try something else.
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:22 am

sealordbrian wrote:Like it but that price, oof. I'm going to watch this and see how is shakes out after a few weeks in the market.

I am not a fan of it nor do I like the price point at all
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Postby Moderator » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:12 am

dr-FOMO wrote:I think it's great to introduce new products because it keeps the engagement/interest going.

But I'm not sure if ProjectFred will succeed. For me, it's several reasons:

-Price
-The face is a bit ...menacing or creepy looking to me :eek:
-Timing is off especially when they just they have so many product lines that probably need focus. Also public opinion isn't so positive at the moment.

Still good on Funko to make people excited for what's to come and bring business to the restaurant. We will see how it goes!

I recommend changing the title of your post so that more people know what the thread is about.
We are watching
"Contact us" is now working, send us an email at funaticmods@gmail.com

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:28 pm

I'm interested to see where they take this from here. The price does seem a bit high for me, but I'd like to see and hold one in person to get an idea of the quality. It would be very cool to see different artists get their hands on these in collaboration with Funko.

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

waltstikiland

Postby waltstikiland » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:23 pm

On the same page with everyone here.
Like the product design enough, but the price is too much.

Part of what made Funko fun to collect for me was the price point.

It wasn't a designer toy company and therefore built a fan-base around that.
Started collecting Funko back in 2012!

I am a huge Star Wars fan as well as all things Mid-Century! :mickey2:
I love to go to Tiki Bars and all of Tiki Culture

Love all things Freddy and love to learn more about Funko history!

NYCC 2015-2022
Star Wars Celebration 2022-23

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:28 pm

I think I'm going to stay out of this one. It's not a product for me but I can see interest in it. This a good move for Funko to diversify more into the designer toys/vinyl market sorta like how Funko mentioned about some of the NFTS being on the ethereum blockchain (I guess the droppp exclusives are with usdc?).

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:33 pm

Does anybody know if they are numbered? Either on the box or figure?
Seems they should be for something so limited and pricey

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:20 am

plumb102 wrote:Does anybody know if they are numbered? Either on the box or figure?
Seems they should be for something so limited and pricey

It think there’s a certificate that comes with it. Not sure though if it’s on the foot of the figure too, but given there’s a chase - not sure how will they number it.

/75 for chases and /675 for the regulars?
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:27 am

jcrook wrote:I know it’s an 11 inch pop but that price tag makes it a no go for me, have baby on way and diapers are expensive.

I’m 100% sure they’ll be making convention exclusives

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:28 am

Which variants do you think they’ll make in the future? Especially with SDCC coming up. Maybe even for fundays and fright night

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:50 am

funkomarv96 wrote:Which variants do you think they’ll make in the future? Especially with SDCC coming up. Maybe even for fundays and fright night

Very interested in these variations if it happens =D> =D>

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:06 am

Alanamaslama wrote:I’m curious to see different characters in the same style, but the price makes it a hard pass for me regardless.

I feel the same way. Price is super high and just not interested. But other character paint jobs might pique my interest
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:08 am

plumb102 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:Which variants do you think they’ll make in the future? Especially with SDCC coming up. Maybe even for fundays and fright night

Very interested in these variations if it happens =D> =D>

All I’m saying is that we have a Freddy as Daryl Dixon pop now we need one of these bad boys

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:42 pm

Anyone else go throught the steps of entering, then backed out at the last minute.... just me, OK LOL - I have tried to help a family member get shoes before so I was familiar with the process, but I was still curious if it would ask for my CC info, and it did.
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
MLP - Pony Power!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

:mal:

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:43 pm

Elviax wrote:
plumb102 wrote:

Which lottery is this??

The part that is most interesting to me about EQL is that it advertises “If you miss out, you’ll have a better shot next time. Does that mean if they next use EQL for Fundays tickets or something else super popular that you will have a better chance at that by failing this one?

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:46 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:Anyone else go throught the steps of entering, then backed out at the last minute.... just me, OK LOL - I have tried to help a family member get shoes before so I was familiar with the process, but I was still curious if it would ask for my CC info, and it did.

Def not just you hahahah

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:48 pm

bakivali wrote:
Elviax wrote:
plumb102 wrote:
Which lottery is this??

The part that is most interesting to me about EQL is that it advertises “If you miss out, you’ll have a better shot next time. Does that mean if they next use EQL for Fundays tickets or something else super popular that you will have a better chance at that by failing this one?

Now THAT is intriguing

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:47 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:Anyone else go throught the steps of entering, then backed out at the last minute.... just me, OK LOL - I have tried to help a family member get shoes before so I was familiar with the process, but I was still curious if it would ask for my CC info, and it did.

I followed through and decided to get it. It is unique and something different. I am excited to see it in May!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 pm

fieldsy32 wrote:

I followed through and decided to get it. It is unique and something different. I am excited to see it in May!

Don't you have to be pulled from a lottery/raffle in order to get it?

netman97

Postby netman97 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:50 pm

plumb102 wrote:
fieldsy32 wrote:

yes when you sign up you`re entered into a drawing basicaly, if youre picked then your card is charged and you get one.
Wants-
Jam Master Jay , Tupac , Notorious Big
Public enemy - Chuck D , Flavor Flav,
Boo Berry, Frankenberry, Count Chocula
Unmasked Jason Vorhees Pop
Image Image Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:49 pm

I am going to enter when I get home from work. Since I don't normally carry a credit card with me, I wasn't able to complete the process earlier. I think the novelty of this means the first one will be hard to get, but I bet subsequent ones get a little easier.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:35 pm

The more I read this thread, the more I'm thinking about entering :D :D

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:24 am

plumb102 wrote:
fieldsy32 wrote:

Correct. Well I guess I should say “entered.” Here’s to hoping.
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:37 pm

I definitely entered. It is a high price point but need to have another form of Big Boy!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Greek187

Anyone enter for project Freddy Bigboy ?

Postby Greek187 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:47 am

I entered curious to see if I win .who else or did you anyone win ?
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:49 am

There was an article about this new product in Forbes .... Mike Becker stated during the interview that over 15000 entries had been made for the 750 pieces. So based on that it seems like it will be a very slim chance of obtaining one.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2024/03/07/funko-honors-the-past-as-it-looks-to-the-future-with-project-fred/?sh=44d77be9393a
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Return to “Other Funko Products”