Official POP Tees are a HUGE HIT!!!

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Da_POPVADER

Re: Official POP Tees are a HUGE HIT!!!

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Rexus wrote:Once it was suggested I had to take the picture because the shirts are really comfortable, the designs are great, and I'm just excited to have Pop! shirts. 27432

That is an Awesome PIC!!!! I love the Groot and Baby groot together. Thank you
This is "Kollektor Kim"
IG @stealthaction_funkollektor
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:
Fugitive Toys Dinner 2015, FDO6LA 2015, SDCC 2015/2016 Funko Booth, Funko Fundays 13-2015/14-2016, Fright Night 1

Rexus

Postby Rexus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Da_POPVADER wrote:
Rexus wrote:Once it was suggested I had to take the picture because the shirts are really comfortable, the designs are great, and I'm just excited to have Pop! shirts. 27432

I was gonna have Rocket Raccoon pop holding baby Groot, but I didn't have enough hands lol
Hi! Name's Alexis
It all started with the First Avenger...Captain America!
Grails: SDCC Metallic Captain America, Comic Expo Cap, Proto Cap

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:50 pm

AngLuvsPop wrote:I ordered Black Widow and Loki online at HT. I can't wait to get them. I can't wait to see the ones featured in the announcements-I saw the Babymetal shirt and went crazy. Hopefully that one will be available soon! Image

Ant-Man ones would be great. Pixar ones also!

Baby metal is a big favorite by a lot of people. A lot of people are very excited about this
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:
Fugitive Toys Dinner 2015, FDO6LA 2015, SDCC 2015/2016 Funko Booth, Funko Fundays 13-2015/14-2016, Fright Night 1

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Rexus wrote:
Da_POPVADER wrote:

I was gonna have Rocket Raccoon pop holding baby Groot, but I didn't have enough hands lol

That would be an epic pic!!!
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:53 pm

DocRamon wrote:i love the designs, but i don’t usually buy clothes that i can’t try on first. hot topic told me that these were "collector’s items" and couldn’t be taken out of the box. so i probably won’t get one until i can make sure that it’s something i’ll actually be comfortable wearing.

the MCC ant-man shirt was good, until i washed it and it shrunk like crazy. that means i’ll probably avoid 100% cotton in the future, which severely limits which characters i can get. in addition to making characters available in men’s and women’s sizes, it’d be nice to see them also made in a variety of colors.

What if there were some sample shirts out on the floor. You think that would make a diffrence.
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:56 pm

I got Loki from hot topic today! Love it. And the standee! Cthulhu is a must if I'm dreaming, and universal monsters!
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 pm

I second that Cthulhu. It would be perfect if it was the red eyed one and he glowed in the dark too. But I understand why you guys wouldnt want to get into gitd tees lol
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:59 pm

xmaldigolax wrote:I got Loki from hot topic today! Love it. And the standee! Cthulhu is a must if I'm dreaming, and universal monsters!

That is such a good idea. I would defintely like The creature aor wolfman as a POP tee
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm SO glad you started this topic- my girlfriend and I LOVE the new shirts! I was really surprised no one else here seemed to be talking about them. The designs are FANTASTIC!! As is the material and size/fit. For us, at least. And omg- the packaging!! It's been really hard to open a few because I want to keep them in the package, but the little standees mentioned definitely help with that. Those are definitely a great bonus!

So far, we've picked up:

MEN'S- Skeletor, Thanos, & Loki
WOMEN'S- Loki & Black Widow

Still looking for Stay Puft & Raphael. Totally agree that we NEED Supernatural & Dr. Who shirts. I'd buy at least 2 each of those on sight.
ImageImage

Rexus

Postby Rexus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Da_POPVADER wrote:
xmaldigolax wrote:I got Loki from hot topic today! Love it. And the standee! Cthulhu is a must if I'm dreaming, and universal monsters!

That is such a good idea. I would defintely like The creature aor wolfman as a POP tee

Cthulhu yes! And the universal monsters. Would definitely get that set.
Hi! Name's Alexis

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Oh!! And Game of Thrones!! My girlfriend specifically requested a Daenerys shirt. We were surprised there wasn't anything at all from GoT yet.
ImageImage

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Did anyone get the exclusive SDCC Skeletor shirt. How did you guys like that with the foil design?
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

rainomatic

Postby rainomatic » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:09 pm

saban wrote:I love the SDCC Freddy shirt. I'm afraid I won't want to take it out of the box. Definitely go a size smaller unless you like a loose fit. I'm normally a large in women's Hot Topic shirts and the medium fits well.

That's because Funko Pop shirts have a different size chart to the one of HT's lol

Here:

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Haven't seen the SDCC Skeletor in person, but I'd love to have one. Any combo of Pop and 80s toys is an instant buy for me. I'd LOVE Thundercats, too.

80s GI Joe would be a dream come true, if you ever get that license. Cobra Commander & Serpentor NEED to be on a Pop Tee.
ImageImage

Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:15 pm

I'd LOVE either Skeletor shirt.... If only it came in a Ladies size. Unisex shirts look awful on me :(

I've ordered a Black Widow from HT, just waiting for it to arrive.
Current Pop! Count: 700
On Pre-order/en route: 10

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:18 pm

This is the example of the SDCC Disco Skeletor. It has gold foil all over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Limited to 500 pcs only worldwide.
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:22 pm

I was wondering- when picking characters for a Pop Tee, do they have to have had a Pop figure first to base the deisgn on? I'm curious if they, say, did a Pulp Fiction shirt, could they only use the characters that got Pops like Jules & Vincent, or could they hypothetically do a Tee with Pumpkin & Honey Bunny, even though they never got figures?
ImageImage

PrincessPhie

Postby PrincessPhie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Da_POPVADER wrote:You know whats cool everyone, post a picture of you wearing your POP shirt holding the same pop.

I'll do this once the live action Mad Hatter pop is out!
Last edited by PrincessPhie on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shirphie
Funko HQ Grand Opening l :fdo92: 7, 8, 9 l FUNDAYS 2018 - Present l FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
NYCC 2013 - Present l SDCC 2018 - Present

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Da_POPVADER wrote:This is the example of the SDCC Disco Skeletor. It has gold foil all over.

Yeah, that design is amazing, but it's hard to tell from the pic how the gold foil looks in person. I think I can picture it, though, and sounds really cool. I'd probably keep that one in the package, mainly since its LE, but also partially out of fear of messing up the gold foil somehow. Not sure if there's any special care needed to keep it looking good.
ImageImage

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:49 pm

I really like the Skeletor sdcc tee as well. Though I will never see it in person.... dem prices.
If you HAVE to do a limited run I would suggest a bigger number than 500.
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

Rexus

Postby Rexus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:56 pm

I'd also like to see maybe some of the older pops like Riddler, Ursula, oh! and Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Boo Berry
Hi! Name's Alexis

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:07 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
Da_POPVADER wrote:This is the example of the SDCC Disco Skeletor. It has gold foil all over.

Yeah, that design is amazing, but it's hard to tell from the pic how the gold foil looks in person. I think I can picture it, though, and sounds really cool. I'd probably keep that one in the package, mainly since its LE, but also partially out of fear of messing up the gold foil somehow. Not sure if there's any special care needed to keep it looking good.

I can personally say that it looks awesome in person. And it gets very tempting to just display it because it looks like a piece of art work. I dont think washing it should be an issue as long as you leave it in a delicate cycle.
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 pm

Some more of my wants:

-any Batman villains
-any Heman or Thundercats
-Darkseid
-Big Lebowski
-Freddy & Jason
-Arrested Development (Gob on a segue scooter!)
-any Game of Thrones
-Bender from Futurama
-Big Trouble in Little China (or any John Carpenter movies, really)
-any Tarantino movies
ImageImage

jpaskoff

Postby jpaskoff » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Like has been said, I think every design should come in both Men's and Women's cut. As for designs...I think it's obviously I would love a Teen Titans shirt.
My name is Jared!

I'm looking for the color protos for First Appearance Nightwing, TAS Robin, Robin as Batman, and Carrie Kelley

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Indy Viper wrote:I'm SO glad you started this topic- my girlfriend and I LOVE the new shirts! I was really surprised no one else here seemed to be talking about them. The designs are FANTASTIC!! As is the material and size/fit. For us, at least. And omg- the packaging!! It's been really hard to open a few because I want to keep them in the package, but the little standees mentioned definitely help with that. Those are definitely a great bonus!

So far, we've picked up:

MEN'S- Skeletor, Thanos, & Loki
WOMEN'S- Loki & Black Widow

Still looking for Stay Puft & Raphael. Totally agree that we NEED Supernatural & Dr. Who shirts. I'd buy at least 2 each of those on sight.

Awesome. The art work on the design is preety amazing. I just love how the Pop figures are in all their action poses. Post some of your collection if you can.
Also just a little bit of trivia the boxes are built that way so you can also store it in a book case with the numbers and name facing you if space is limited where you store your collection. It can also be stored hanging as it comes with the plastic hooks. These are designed with the collectors in mind.
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

Funko Pop! Fan16

Postby Funko Pop! Fan16 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Sadly my HT didn't have any other than the Rocket one, but I was a fan of the Breaking Bad one.

Would LOVE to see a X Files one! Or maybe a Horror one, Chucky?
Jonathan is HERE!
ImageImageImageImage

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Still waiting on the Goku one that Brian held in the HT video
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

missauru

Postby missauru » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:43 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Still waiting on the Goku one that Brian held in the HT video

Always up for some DBZ :wizard_mickey:
Image Image

keekster

Postby keekster » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:00 pm

I was very lucky to score a Women's Loki shirt because I was not aware these things were coming out (forever behind the times) and I was in a HT only by chance this weekend!
I got a size medium which wound up not fitting but when I went back the next to exchange for a small, they were sold out of most of the women's sizes. I wound up calling other HTs and had one hold a small for me until I could come to buy it. The small fit better but I love the packaging so much I'm keeping the medium to display :)
Incidentally, the women's fit IS kind of odd but I'll just have to deal since I doubt there are any Loki tees left at this point!
If I had the dough, I probably would have also picked up a Groot and Baymax. Hopefully they'll be some left after pay day! :makeitrain:
Hello, I'm Kirsten :) and all Lokis must be mine!!!

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:21 pm

This is the best time to buy at HOT TOPic too because its HOT CASH TIME!! $15 dollars off every $30 dollar purchase with hot cash coupon. Time to stock up on the shirts!!!
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

0ShadowStories

Postby 0ShadowStories » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:30 pm

All I want is Arkham Joker Pop with HAHAHAHA all around him

Da_POPVADER

Postby Da_POPVADER » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:15 am

0ShadowStories wrote:All I want is Arkham Joker Pop with HAHAHAHA all around him

The arkham joker is such a great idea. What would be better is if the words HAHAHA would glow
This is "Kollektor Kim"
FUNKO SOUTH
Fun Completed:

watso059

Postby watso059 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 am

I just received my Daryl tee today. The box is beaten up a bit though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pops: 220

WL: 1) Headless Ned 2) Headless Hershel 3) 6" Daryl 4) Spiderman (Metallic) 5) Spiderman (ASM Metallic) 6) Spiderman (ASM 2 Metallic)

Faves: 1) Iron Man (Avengers) 2) Maggie (Bloody) 3) Harry Potter w/Sword of Gryffindor

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:48 am

Da_POPVADER wrote:
Valde wrote:They already showed the MLP ones, but I didn't think I saw the online or at HT physical stores I went to. We need a Harley shirt in both men's and women's.

Would you think a lot of people will like a unisex Harley Quinn shirt in classic or suicide squad design?

While I admit that the Classic would sell better, I'm such an enormous sucker for Margot Robbie's Suicide Squad costume that I think you should be even more awesome than you already are and make both. [-o<
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:50 am

Would love me a Ramones pop shirt!!!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:53 am

RoboFist wrote:
Da_POPVADER wrote:
Valde wrote:They already showed the MLP ones, but I didn't think I saw the online or at HT physical stores I went to. We need a Harley shirt in both men's and women's.

Would you think a lot of people will like a unisex Harley Quinn shirt in classic or suicide squad design?

While I admit that the Classic would sell better, I'm such an enormous sucker for Margot Robbie's Suicide Squad costume that I think you should be even more awesome than you already are and make both. [-o<

I think a classic Harley should come first. Save the SS design for when the movie comes out.
ImageImage

melindamay

Postby melindamay » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:15 am

I'm gonna run counter to a lot of this thread and say that I really hope you don't completely get rid of women's sizing. While I can probably make a Men's Small work for me, my sister is petite and even a small would fit like an ocean on her. Beyond that, I love the shirts. I wasn't able to get the Black Widow w/Shield SDCC exclusive but am eagerly awaiting my Hot Topic Black Widow! I would obviously love to see more Marvel designs, especially an Avengers team shirt.

saban

Postby saban » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:18 am

rainomatic wrote:
saban wrote:I love the SDCC Freddy shirt. I'm afraid I won't want to take it out of the box. Definitely go a size smaller unless you like a loose fit. I'm normally a large in women's Hot Topic shirts and the medium fits well.

That's because Funko Pop shirts have a different size chart to the one of HT's lol

Here:

Ah very true, the size charts are given on the back of the box which were very helpful in store since they wouldn't let me open any of the boxes to try them on. But just in case someone orders them online, Hot Topic only shows their own size charts and not the ones listed on the back of the Funko shirts.
IG: vickyisodd

orkira

Postby orkira » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:19 am

I got the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man one at the store & then ordered the Daryl one online. I like the fit & feel of the shirts. Would love to see a Classic Harley Quinn, Olaf, or Deadpool shirt (in Men's or unisex, I don't wear woman's shirts they don't fit comfortably on me).
I'm Beth.

Return to “Other Funko Products”