Trading Cards

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Jezter

Trading Cards

Postby Jezter » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:47 pm

Does anyone know if Funko has ever tossed around the idea of trading cards?
I think they would be a big hit. I know I'd get packs and packs of them, if they came 5-10 in a pack.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 274
Dorbz: 14
Mystery Minis: 15
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Hikari: 1
Need- Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

Kungfutoys

Re: Trading Cards

Postby Kungfutoys » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:23 am

I don't know about that being Very popular.

Battastic

Postby Battastic » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:37 am

Maybe if they came with the figures, that might be cool.
Or like a code card that you enter online and after so many points you get a free mystery figure.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Icetenka

Postby Icetenka » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:49 am

You can say that you get cards when you buy the pop T shirts.
Wants:
Flash POP Proto, Blue Lantern Flash GITD Dorbz, White Lantern Flash Dorbz

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:56 pm

Battastic wrote:Maybe if they came with the figures, that might be cool.
Or like a code card that you enter online and after so many points you get a free mystery figure.

Oh yeah, I think there was something sorta like that with TMNT. If you bought a toy, you would get a code for a free digital card in their iOS TCG-ish type game. I wouldn't be opposed to a Funko TCG and getting download codes from the boxes :D

davemoseley

Postby davemoseley » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:37 pm

This would be cute and actually a cool way to track your collection... imagine if they added this going forward, but also retroactively gave you digital cards for the Pops you could prove you owned...

Only catch is... you have to take them out of the box.

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:44 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to some concept art cards or something of the sort, but more than likely only if they were packaged with something else.
My Collection:
Pops!: 377
Mystery Minis: 62
Dorbz: 50
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 2
Rock Candy: 1

Current ISO: Jay & Silent Bob, Beavis & Butt-head

michellepop

Postby michellepop » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 pm

I'd love this!! Maybe the chase would be artist signed cards or even sketch cards. I collect the Agents of Shield cards now so these would be fun to collect as well!

Jezter

Postby Jezter » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm

I used to collect a ton of Marvel cards and have them all neatly tucked into binders, so I still think packs of 5-10 cards on the same shelf as Magic and what not would be cool. I know I'd buy a ton myself, especially if they were only a couple bucks a pack. I especially think it would be cool if it was separated out like Funko Cards: Marvel, Funko Cards: Game of Thrones etc, that way we wouldn't get a ton of cards we don't care about. They would be just standing their like the Pops or in action poses like the t-shirts. I'd be down! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 274
Dorbz: 14
Mystery Minis: 15
Hikari: 1
Need- Logan, Unmasked Wolverine, Nick Fury, 12th Doctor Space Suit, Twisty Freddy, Ghost Rider Freddy, any Phoenix Pop, Chase Green Goblin, Laser Gun Freddy
Instagram: courtjezter

zaghawk

Postby zaghawk » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:38 pm

If they used the art by Amos it'd be really cool but I'm gonna guess the big trading card companies have all the licenses on lock down.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

ISO: Back to The Future Einstein & Delorean Dorbz Protos, League of Legends POP Protos, Friends POP Protos (Monica, Chandler and Rachel).

ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 pm

It would be cool if every pop came with a card that had some nice art on it of the character in pop form. Variants can come with special cards. This encourages the buying of variants.
Image Image Image Image Image
I'm Julian. ISO: CYCLOPS

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:05 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:It would be cool if every pop came with a card that had some nice art on it of the character in pop form. Variants can come with special cards. This encourages the buying of variants.

Good idea. I hope this comes to fruition.
Hi I'm Eddie
Funko Funklub #10124.

StarWarner

Postby StarWarner » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:32 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:It would be cool if every pop came with a card that had some nice art on it of the character in pop form. Variants can come with special cards. This encourages the buying of variants.

They could just replace the advertising cards that are in the back of some Pops like the Star Wars and Marvel lines. They could put artwork cards in instead. That would be so cool.

I would also buy trading cards. I collected baseball cards, Garbage Pail Kids, and Marvel cards when I was younger. I would love Funko cards.
I'm Tiffany. 1st Pop: Jawa Pop Count: 700ish Total Funko items: over 1000
ISO: Maleficent Dragon MM proto and DC Super Hero Girls Harley Quinn Rock Candy Proto
ImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Personally, I feel like Funko should had included cards with all of their products.
No QUOTE = No REPLY

I love pigs. <3

ljthetoyaddict

Postby ljthetoyaddict » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:09 pm

I think this is an awesome idea! I would buy them by the case load lol! Concept art, Artist Sketch cards, Foils, puzzle cards, Signed cards, mystery card for a chance to win a proto and other cool contests from run to run, Chase cards, physical cards that can be scanned to show off your digital collection, man the options could be limitless! I really hope this happens and soon.
LJ The Toy Addict-OH Funatic- Keep it Popping! :freddy2:

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:26 pm

I agree, they should include cards in all their products. Shouldn't be too hard, since they make Funko playing cards.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:30 am

I wouldn't mind it if they included it with each Funko product, but as a standalone thing, i can't see it having much success.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces)= COMPLETE
Iron Man POP! Proto Count: 13
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: 2
Iron Man Mystery Minis: 3
Iron Man Dorbz: 1

ISO: RETRO FREDDY IRON MAN 36 INCH, IRON MAN PROTOS, WAR MACHINE PROTOS, CIVIL WAR PROTOS, GREEN GOBLIN PROTOS, MASTER CHIEF PROTOS, WHITE MCC CIVIL WAR ACTION POSE CAP AMERICA PROTO

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 am

Battastic wrote:Maybe if they came with the figures, that might be cool.

Baseball cards, Hallmark ornaments with Trading Cards, Star Wars Cards ... I don't think Funko Trading cards would be that popular. Personally, I think those days (concerning popularity) have come and gone. The uniqueness of Funko products are in their form and presentation. I would much rather save for Pops/Dorbz than a Trading Card.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:54 am

I think it's an interesting idea. If they used existing concept art, box art, design art, the cost to produce would seem negligible. It's more the distribution that would increase cost. I like trading cards, still pick up a few packs now and then. Used to have thousands (I say I used to, as they are all packed away and haven't seen the light of day in years). I just can't see myself buying packs of them; but if they were to include some in the sub boxes, I wouldn't complain! I think they could make a profit, just not as much so as on the figures. I could see those who are card collectors picking up a few packs, current Funko fans picking up packs here and there. There's been an increase in the card supply and sales at a lot of stores in my area (Target, bookstores, local comic shops). Not sure if it's a passing trend or an increase in market sales.
Rachel

Pops: 197
Dorbz: 100
Mystery Minis: 92
PSH: 23
Hikari: 7

ISO: HT GITD Lumiere Pop

Instagram: @allcutethings2

Return to “Other Funko Products”