Funko sweatshirt sizing

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
WolfXGames

Funko sweatshirt sizing

Postby WolfXGames » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Has anyone purchased the sweatshirt? I just wanted to know if you purchased the same size as you do you your funko tees. Any other feedback would be much appreciated thanks!

UPDATE- Here is my feedback in regards to sweatshirt sizing:

I just got my order in today. Unfortunately, I am not happy with my purchase :(

I normally wear a large shirt when buying from Target, Walmart, JC Penny etc. this is equivalent to a medium in Funko branded shirts. From the polls I have seen, Funko shirts run large so I was expecting the sweaters to be the same. This is NOT the case. The medium is very tight. The Large is a little less tight but both are tight around the body and make me look skinny. I definitely get what Valde was saying when he said they were tight around the arms. I would definitely recommend getting the size you normally wear or a size larger if you want it to be more comfortable. I wish Funko would have a little bit more consistency with the sizing of their clothing.

I bought the gray Freddy Funko classic in a medium. I like this design and color combination way better than the blue Funko Original sweater. The blue on the Funko original sweater looks dull and each letter F U N K O is embroidered onto the sweater (feels like it is more prone to damage this way).

Idk what you call them but the strings you use to tighten up the hoodie are too fat.

I also bought a lanyard and its bit too long =/

I'm having a bad streak of online purchases lately..
Last edited by WolfXGames on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Re: Funko sweatshirt sizing

Postby Geescube » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Good topic, Calvin and I were discussing this just last night!

michellepop
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby michellepop » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:28 pm

I have both sweatshirts and I love them!! I wear an Mens XS in the tshirts (when available) and got a S in the sweatshirts. It's a little baggy but very very comfortable!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:37 pm

The 2x fits kinda tight around my wrists and arms, other places it fits appropriately. I'm referring to the grey zip up with the 98 on the arm.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Geescube wrote:Good topic, Calvin and I were discussing this just last night!

haha Thanks! :)

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:48 pm

michellepop wrote:I have both sweatshirts and I love them!! I wear an Mens XS in the tshirts (when available) and got a S in the sweatshirts. It's a little baggy but very very comfortable!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm leaning towards getting a Medium like I always do with Funko shirts and maybe a Large. At least that way I will be able to at least wear one of them XD But i'll wait a bit for a few more replies to see what the general consensus is.

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Valde wrote:The 2x fits kinda tight around my wrists and arms, other places it fits appropriately. I'm referring to the grey zip up with the 98 on the arm.

Do you normally get 2x funko shirts? Thanks for the feedback!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:55 pm

WolfXGames wrote:
Valde wrote:The 2x fits kinda tight around my wrists and arms, other places it fits appropriately. I'm referring to the grey zip up with the 98 on the arm.

Do you normally get 2x funko shirts? Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah all my sub boxes are 2x.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:33 pm

I run between M/L in tee size, and ordered the L sweatshirt. It feels a little like a slim cut to me, but it's very comfortable. My only comment is that if you're a guy you better gets used to the zipper being on the wrong side!
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:48 pm

gokou105 wrote:...

read this ^

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:40 am

I'll ordered medium for the sweatjacket. I'll let you guys know how it fits. I'm a medium in Ecko, Gap, Old Navy, Nike, and North Face but a large in Inc. by Macy's, HMV, and other designer clothes.
Calvin

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:39 am

gokou105 wrote:I'll ordered medium for the sweatjacket. I'll let you guys know how it fits. I'm a medium in Ecko, Gap, Old Navy, Nike, and North Face but a large in Inc. by Macy's, HMV, and other designer clothes.

I like the way you display your pops Calvin. I have the same display case and wasn't sure how I could display them but yours is a good idea.

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:14 pm

nyel24 wrote:
gokou105 wrote:I'll ordered medium for the sweatjacket. I'll let you guys know how it fits. I'm a medium in Ecko, Gap, Old Navy, Nike, and North Face but a large in Inc. by Macy's, HMV, and other designer clothes.

I like the way you display your pops Calvin. I have the same display case and wasn't sure how I could display them but yours is a good idea.

Thanks! The empty POP boxes are useful after all and I didn't have to spend any money on risers :D
Calvin

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:04 pm

I just got my order in today. Unfortunately, I am not happy with my purchase :(

I normally wear a large shirt when buying from Target, Walmart, JC Penny etc. this is equivalent to a medium in Funko branded shirts. From the polls I have seen, Funko shirts run large so I was expecting the sweaters to be the same. This is NOT the case. The medium is very tight. The Large is a little less tight but both are tight around the body and make me look skinny. I definitely get what Valde was saying when he said they were tight around the arms. I would definitely recommend getting the size you normally wear or a size larger if you want it to be more comfortable. I wish Funko would have a little bit more consistency with the sizing of their clothing.

I bought the gray Freddy Funko classic in a medium. I like this design and color combination way better than the blue Funko Original sweater. The blue on the Funko original sweater looks dull and each letter F U N K O is embroidered onto the sweater (feels like it is more prone to damage this way).

Idk what you call them but the strings you use to tighten up the hoodie are too fat.

I also bought a lanyard and its bit too long =/

I'm having a bad streak of online purchases lately..

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:13 am

RogueSolo wrote:I run between M/L in tee size, and ordered the L sweatshirt. It feels a little like a slim cut to me, but it's very comfortable. My only comment is that if you're a guy you better gets used to the zipper being on the wrong side!

Good description. I would also describe it as slim fitted. I'm hoping to exchange my medium for a large but with their exchange/return policy I am probably gonna get a no. I figured it doesn't hurt to try XD

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier...
Yes the sweatshirts do run long and slim. I really like mine though. I'm a 90lb female and the S is just a little too big, but it washed great and I love the comfort level. I especially like how thick the hood is, as well as the hood strings and cuffs. It's very different from every other hoodie I own and I like that. It was a pretty decent price too for what it is, even if the sizing is a little different than other vendors you have previously bought from.

Perhaps they can do a size exchange for you? You can buy those little poly shipping bags to send it back and it won't cost more than $5.
San Diego funatic

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:00 pm

beckysaurus wrote:I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier...
Yes the sweatshirts do run long and slim. I really like mine though. I'm a 90lb female and the S is just a little too big, but it washed great and I love the comfort level. I especially like how thick the hood is, as well as the hood strings and cuffs. It's very different from every other hoodie I own and I like that. It was a pretty decent price too for what it is, even if the sizing is a little different than other vendors you have previously bought from.

Perhaps they can do a size exchange for you? You can buy those little poly shipping bags to send it back and it won't cost more than $5.

Yeah I contacted them and I'm hoping they will allow a size exchange on the medium. I do like the feel around the hood area as well!

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:57 pm

I got my order in too. I normally wear medium t shirts but I can wear large if I want it to be loose. I ordered the medium and it's fits just right. But I feel like if I ordered a large, the sleeves would be too long, the shoulders would not be where they suppose to be, and being too baggy. I guess I need to hit the gym lol jk. I guess if you want something loose fitting, order a size up. Btw, I'm like 5' 8"

The quality of the jacket is great...it's thick and comfy. It'd well worth its price, especially when they are buy 1 get 1 free :D
Calvin

xmaldigolax

Postby xmaldigolax » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:41 am

ordered xxl like the rest of my hoodies, it did not fit well at all. tight as hell on the arms and chest. they don't take returns so i gifted it to beau
ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

WolfXGames

Postby WolfXGames » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Yup no luck with an exchange. Guess I'll have to sell them or give it away to my cousin or something. Not gonna be rocking Funko apparel again lol

Return to “Other Funko Products”