Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
User avatar
grilledeggplant
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Springfield , OR

Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby grilledeggplant » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:22 am

I know this might sound silly to most, but I have two pop tees(in box, lol) that I'd like to place in a protector... Not sure if anyone produces them as a custom, or if anyone else has any suggestions on how to keep them in storage.
Image

User avatar
Raypunz
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby Raypunz » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:01 am

I don't know about protectors, but I plan on looking for a shadow box type of frame to put them in.
ISO: Tupac Proto, Biggie Proto, Flocked Gizmo and a million others

User avatar
thejosh2010
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: SWVA

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:09 pm

grilledeggplant wrote:I know this might sound silly to most, but I have two pop tees(in box, lol) that I'd like to place in a protector... Not sure if anyone produces them as a custom, or if anyone else has any suggestions on how to keep them in storage.


I've passed the message on to a couple of the protector vendors. ;-)
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia :freddy1:

Image

Image

User avatar
Sarcasticguy
Posts: 1540
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:07 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Maybe a jersey display box?
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89

ImageImage

ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Pop! Proto
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

sdcccrasher
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby sdcccrasher » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:24 am

It's a great idea. I put all Pops and Dorbz in protectors. I think Pop Tee Protectors will become a reality soon.

User avatar
TriFeckTa
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:11 pm
Location: Little Saigon, California

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby TriFeckTa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:49 pm

I hope this becomes a reality as well
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces)= COMPLETE
Iron Man POP! Proto Count: 13
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: 2
Iron Man Mystery Minis: 3
Iron Man Dorbz: 1

ISO: RETRO FREDDY IRON MAN 36 INCH, IRON MAN PROTOS, WAR MACHINE PROTOS, CIVIL WAR PROTOS, GREEN GOBLIN PROTOS, MASTER CHIEF PROTOS, WHITE MCC CIVIL WAR ACTION POSE CAP AMERICA PROTO

Image

User avatar
odnar
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:41 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby odnar » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm down for Pop Tee protectors as well. I have a signed box with a Stan Lee NYCC Exclusive t-shirt that would go perfect with it. :)
Funko Funklub member # 11624?
Image

popfiles
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:41 pm
Location: Sherwood Forest

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby popfiles » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:56 pm

I think that would be silly.

sdcccrasher
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:06 am

popfiles wrote:I think that would be silly.


I think for Collectors that leave their Funko Pops/Dorbz etc. in their original boxes, this would make a lot of sense. The Pop Tees in their boxes is a good presentation piece and would keep them nice for years.

User avatar
grilledeggplant
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Springfield , OR

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby grilledeggplant » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:50 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
grilledeggplant wrote:I know this might sound silly to most, but I have two pop tees(in box, lol) that I'd like to place in a protector... Not sure if anyone produces them as a custom, or if anyone else has any suggestions on how to keep them in storage.


I've passed the message on to a couple of the protector vendors. ;-)


awesome, thnx josh!
Image

User avatar
KMFH11
Posts: 4386
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:43 am
Location: Orange County California

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:33 pm

I've never contemplated keeping any of my pop tees in the box...I always rip it open and wear them lol but I hope you can find what your looking for
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Image
Image

User avatar
Kaljor
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Krypton

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby Kaljor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
popfiles wrote:I think that would be silly.


I think for Collectors that leave their Funko Pops/Dorbz etc. in their original boxes...


We think that is also silly.
My Name is Ernie

Image

User avatar
pinklaquer
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby pinklaquer » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:13 pm

I think if you don't want to damage the box then a shadowbox is your best bet at the moment without having to spend an arm and a leg.
Well hello! My name is Nicola.. :D

"Ni koh lah"

Image Image Image

ISO:
The Little Mermaid:
Ursula Funko Pop (28)
Ariel & Ursula SDCC exclusive Metallic Set (08)

Ariel Protos
Ursula Protos

Others:
La Muerte Pop (94)
Original Mickey Hikari
B/W Mickey Hikari


sdcccrasher
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Kaljor wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:
popfiles wrote:I think that would be silly.


I think for Collectors that leave their Funko Pops/Dorbz etc. in their original boxes...


We think that is also silly.


I hear ya. But viva la difference!!!

User avatar
zaghawk
Posts: 1221
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am
Location: Bellevue, Wa
Contact:

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby zaghawk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Image
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

ISO: Back to The Future Einstein & Delorean Dorbz Protos, League of Legends POP Protos, Friends POP Protos (Monica, Chandler and Rachel).

ImageImage
Image

User avatar
homietrav
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby homietrav » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:57 pm

This is a joke, right? lol
Travis :freddy1:
ImageImageImage

User avatar
thejosh2010
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: SWVA

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:28 pm

homietrav wrote:This is a joke, right? lol


As serious as snipe hunting :razz: 

I know I don't like to wear my tee's much unless it's for something short like going to see the movie of the themed shirt just because those shirts don't stay very big after a couple tumbles through the dryer lol i've taken all of mine out and hung them on a hanger, but I keep the boxes just for added fun. If there is enough demand for people wanting to keep them in the box and have protectors, it may happen. I didn't expect the retro freddy's to ever have protectors made..and they have, so anything is possible...‎
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia :freddy1:

Image

Image

User avatar
DefNotBlitz
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 am
Location: Canada

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby DefNotBlitz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 pm

But they're shirts... you wear shirts...

I guess there's a market for them but I don't see the rationale behind buying a shirt if you aren't gonna use it. Soon we're gonna need protectors for the sub box shirts since they just come in plastic bags.
Image
| POP!: 109 | Dorbz: 42 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 2152
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
homietrav wrote:This is a joke, right? lol


As serious as snipe hunting :razz: 

I know I don't like to wear my tee's much unless it's for something short like going to see the movie of the themed shirt just because those shirts don't stay very big after a couple tumbles through the dryer ‎


Agreed! Most of my Funko shirts have become half tops. It's like the 80's all over again.
Image

I be Chris.

I am Canadian! I do have a U.S. shipping address though! :)

User avatar
thejosh2010
Posts: 5656
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: SWVA

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
homietrav wrote:This is a joke, right? lol


As serious as snipe hunting :razz: 

I know I don't like to wear my tee's much unless it's for something short like going to see the movie of the themed shirt just because those shirts don't stay very big after a couple tumbles through the dryer ‎


Agreed!  Most of my Funko shirts have become half tops.  It's like the 80's all over again.


You could still pull it off Chris! lol The 80's are where it's at :thumbleft:
Image
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia :freddy1:

Image

Image

User avatar
MasterSplyntr
Posts: 2152
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby MasterSplyntr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:33 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
As serious as snipe hunting :razz: 

I know I don't like to wear my tee's much unless it's for something short like going to see the movie of the themed shirt just because those shirts don't stay very big after a couple tumbles through the dryer ‎


Agreed!  Most of my Funko shirts have become half tops.  It's like the 80's all over again.


You could still pull it off Chris! lol The 80's are where it's at :thumbleft:
Image


I never rocked one with a collar, Old School!!! lol
Image

I be Chris.

I am Canadian! I do have a U.S. shipping address though! :)

User avatar
Nikeboi916
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:35 am
Location: CA
Contact:

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby Nikeboi916 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:00 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
homietrav wrote:This is a joke, right? lol


As serious as snipe hunting :razz: 

I know I don't like to wear my tee's much unless it's for something short like going to see the movie of the themed shirt just because those shirts don't stay very big after a couple tumbles through the dryer ‎


Agreed! Most of my Funko shirts have become half tops. It's like the 80's all over again.


Thats why hes looking for a pop shirt protector . Hes not planning on wearing it cause it shrink so much.

sdcccrasher
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: Funko Pop! Tee protector?

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 pm

DefNotBlitz wrote:But they're shirts... you wear shirts...

I guess there's a market for them but I don't see the rationale behind buying a shirt if you aren't gonna use it. Soon we're gonna need protectors for the sub box shirts since they just come in plastic bags.


From a historical viewpoint, it makes for great displaying. 5 years from now, some of the early Pop Tees will be iconic from a historical perspective. :compress:


Return to “Other Funko Products”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users