your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
User avatar
garpike
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 am
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby garpike » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Hmm...this looks familiar... It's a pretty cool piece of Funko history from the 2004 Funko booth at SDCC \:D/



Image

:-k

Image



OMG!!! I know 2 of the people in that SDCC photo! LOL!!

lol
:freddy3: I'm here for the loads of insider information.

User avatar
Adrenya
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:30 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Adrenya » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:27 am

I really want to know what the pie tastes like though. The coolest thing I have is my HQ grand opening golden ticket. Not spectacular, but it is signed by Brian, Kevin Smith and all the Comic Book Men.

Image
Image Image

Pops! 923
Dorbz! 28
Minis! 34
Hikari! 5
Plush! 10
Vinyl! 11
Everything Else! 125

My PPG Collection

User avatar
cmasicampo
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:17 pm
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby cmasicampo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:21 am

Thanks for sharing everyone! Some pretty cool stuff I had no idea even existed.
I’m Chris
IG @cm_funkollector


Image Image

Image Image

User avatar
levixkelly
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 3:18 pm
Location: Kent, Wa
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby levixkelly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am

The flyers and watch are so sick! This thread is way good.
Hi, I'm Levi
Instagram: @popxcollector
Pop Count
: 430
My Collection:
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... LKPJBQC90/

Image
Image
Image

Image

User avatar
badger
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 3:13 pm
Location: Hertford, UK
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby badger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm

I know it's nothing compared to all the other wacky stuff in this thread, but I have the original LE 1000 Big Boy wobbler, which is a really cool piece of funko history in my opinion.
Lewis Aka Badger, 15 years old!
I am a new collector, only having started last year.
I currently have 66 pops, 2 vinyl figures, 1 VYNL pack, and 25 PSH in my collection, but expect that number to grow
I am currently saving up to go to SDCC and Fundays in 2019. Hope to see some of you there!
:freddy3:
Image Image

User avatar
CaliCollectibles
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 am
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 am

My oldest funko piece. Seems like some sort of store display oversized wobbler. I purchased one on ebay and he displays nicely. Image
Hi, I'm L.J. :D
Current ISO: Jollibee, Leonidas, Ram Man, Metallic Jack Jack, Statue of Liberty Freddy.
PSH ISO: Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Tick Tock, Aladdin, Jasmin, Genie.
Instagram: CaliCollecitbles
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CaliCollectibles
Image

User avatar
CaliCollectibles
Posts: 678
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 am
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:22 am

I enjoy seeing all the old convention photos of the early funko days. Thanks for sharing all!
Hi, I'm L.J. :D
Current ISO: Jollibee, Leonidas, Ram Man, Metallic Jack Jack, Statue of Liberty Freddy.
PSH ISO: Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Tick Tock, Aladdin, Jasmin, Genie.
Instagram: CaliCollecitbles
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CaliCollectibles
Image

johnnyfanko
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby johnnyfanko » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:37 pm

I have a picture from Fright Night 2016 host staring at a skeleton.

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 8536
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am

garpike wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:Hmm...this looks familiar... It's a pretty cool piece of Funko history from the 2004 Funko booth at SDCC \:D/

Image

:-k

Image



OMG!!! I know 2 of the people in that SDCC photo! LOL!!

lol


Bet i can guess which two!! Next time i'm out your way we should have a little funatic gathering :occasion5:
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
garpike
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 am
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby garpike » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
Bet i can guess which two!! Next time i'm out your way we should have a little funatic gathering :occasion5:



Anytime your near Cincy would be great! We have a POP Swap coming up in August.

:freddy3:
:freddy3: I'm here for the loads of insider information.

User avatar
toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM
Posts: 3759
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: the SFV, CA
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby toro423 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm

I have an unopened can of corn from 2016. I wonder
If it will ever expire haha
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423
Looking for Mortal Kombat & Overwatch protos. Animated Batman proto.
Image

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 8536
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:15 pm

garpike wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Bet i can guess which two!! Next time i'm out your way we should have a little funatic gathering :occasion5:



Anytime your near Cincy would be great! We have a POP Swap coming up in August.

:freddy3:


I’ll be up there late September as of right now! Will have to touch base then and arrange something :-)
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
garpike
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 am
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby garpike » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
garpike wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
Bet i can guess which two!! Next time i'm out your way we should have a little funatic gathering :occasion5:



Anytime your near Cincy would be great! We have a POP Swap coming up in August.

:freddy3:


I’ll be up there late September as of right now! Will have to touch base then and arrange something :-)



Sounds great! BTW... Are you in the photo? I know the 2 guys on the right.
:freddy3: I'm here for the loads of insider information.

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 8536
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby thejosh2010 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 pm

garpike wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:
garpike wrote:

Anytime your near Cincy would be great! We have a POP Swap coming up in August.

:freddy3:


I’ll be up there late September as of right now! Will have to touch base then and arrange something :-)



Sounds great! BTW... Are you in the photo? I know the 2 guys on the right.


I’m not in the photo, but I’ve met most all the folks in the pic, plus the funatic that actually took the photo.
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

Mos_Eisley
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:38 pm

This thread is awesome. I love all the oddball stuff.

Mauibrah
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 pm
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Mauibrah » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:15 pm

I agree this thread is awesome
IG: @mauishaun

ImageImage
Image

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 8536
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:16 pm

So back when Funko started out, even with business going quite well, the company wasn’t the financial juggernaut that it is today with an IPO & the Disneyland-esk headquarters in downtown Everett. Long before the days of receiving Funko-Shop boxes every week with “Funko” printed on the sides, Funko would have to hand-press logo’s on the sides of packages as they shipped them out. This item is one of those hand-press stamps, standing about 5x7 inches. It was used for years and then stored as a relic of Funko’s past, but now, I am proud to say it is a unqiue and fun piece that is in my collection!! Never loved history in school, but Funko history is the best!!! :cheers:

Image

Image

Probably hasn’t been used for more than 10 years, but even gave it a try myself & BAM!!
Image

20 Years of Funko...20 Years of FUN!!
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY
Posts: 9719
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:49 pm
Location: Maitland, Florida

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Alleycat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Love that Funko stamp, Josh.
.

Craig here......

Tmarie_82
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Tmarie_82 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:So back when Funko started out, even with business going quite well, the company wasn’t the financial juggernaut that it is today with an IPO & the Disneyland-esk headquarters in downtown Everett. Long before the days of receiving Funko-Shop boxes every week with “Funko” printed on the sides, Funko would have to hand-press logo’s on the sides of packages as they shipped them out. This item is one of those hand-press stamps, standing about 5x7 inches. It was used for years and then stored as a relic of Funko’s past, but now, I am proud to say it is a unqiue and fun piece that is in my collection!! Never loved history in school, but Funko history is the best!!! :cheers:

Image

Image

Probably hasn’t been used for more than 10 years, but even gave it a try myself & BAM!!
Image

20 Years of Funko...20 Years of FUN!!



That’s very cool!
ImageImageImage

Tmarie_82
Posts: 427
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:08 pm
Location: So Cal

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Tmarie_82 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:39 pm

CaliCollectibles wrote:My oldest funko piece. Seems like some sort of store display oversized wobbler. I purchased one on ebay and he displays nicely. Image



I love this piece we also purchased one a few months ago on eBay, it is awesome!
ImageImageImage

ejcurtis115
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby ejcurtis115 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

My husband had a painting commissioned for my wedding gift of "us" himself as classic batman pop and myself as Princess Leia with our wedding rings as belts, it up in the bridal suite waiting for me that day. It is one of my favorite pieces of art. Yes, we had Funko Pops as props, pics of pops on our save the dates, and superheroes and Star Wars themed wedding:) (not sure how to attach/or post pic, new to any sort of forum).
:SW9:
ISO: Bernadette (Big Bang Theory) and Wicked Witch (Wizard of Oz)
Pops!: 1,400+
Dorbz: 28
Hikari: 5
Mystery minis: 50+
Pint size heroes: 40+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 8
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

User avatar
Thrillofthehunt
Posts: 952
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:21 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Love seeing all of this history, these keepsakes are so amazing
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

User avatar
buddylee
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:54 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby buddylee » Wed May 09, 2018 1:43 pm

that stamp's awesome!

g3ohss
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Location: Sunland, CA
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby g3ohss » Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 pm

icemanfan44 wrote:Image

Image
This can of corn was acutally a T-Shirt in a can put out in the Funko Mart days of SDCC around 2004 I beleive

Image

Image

Image
Funko shoes? oh yes, 2004 SDCC , 48 pairs of Funko Flyers were made and given away. Too fun.

What is your oddest piece of Funko history?


Woahhh those freddy flyers are niceee never knew they made corn too
ImageImageImageImage

g3ohss
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Location: Sunland, CA
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby g3ohss » Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Adrenya wrote:I really want to know what the pie tastes like though. The coolest thing I have is my HQ grand opening golden ticket. Not spectacular, but it is signed by Brian, Kevin Smith and all the Comic Book Men.

Image

Niceeee congrats I didn’t even think to get my ticket signed.
ImageImageImageImage

g3ohss
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Location: Sunland, CA
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby g3ohss » Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:My favorite thing shared so is the 2004 SDCC booth theme as well. Makes me want to own supermart freddy so much more.

Lets invest in one :)
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 3455
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby icemanfan44 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:11 am

g3ohss wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:My favorite thing shared so is the 2004 SDCC booth theme as well. Makes me want to own supermart freddy so much more.

Lets invest in one :)

I gave mine away at the fdo years ago
Image


They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

g3ohss
Posts: 339
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:13 pm
Location: Sunland, CA
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby g3ohss » Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 am

icemanfan44 wrote:
g3ohss wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:My favorite thing shared so is the 2004 SDCC booth theme as well. Makes me want to own supermart freddy so much more.

Lets invest in one :)

I gave mine away at the fdo years ago

Love your protos btw dope signature.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 8536
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Your never too far from home to find a little bit of Funko history. This crystal Freddy Wobbler was a test piece that was accidentally sent out from the Funko factory over a decade ago. At the time, Funko was messing with the idea of floating stuff inside the polystone Wobblers. With this one and only piece, the factory chose three random items, being Batman, SpongeBob, & Elmo to put inside the polystone to test the floating issues. It definitely fits the oddball category & I can gladly say this bit of history is now in my collection!! :glasses7:

Image

Image


Brian@Funko wrote:......


Maybe Brian recalls this particular piece for any further info on it.. :-)
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image

User avatar
booboo79
Posts: 799
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:39 pm
Location: New York, NY
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby booboo79 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:51 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Your never too far from home to find a little bit of Funko history. This crystal Freddy Wobbler was a test piece that was accidentally sent out from the Funko factory over a decade ago. At the time, Funko was messing with the idea of floating stuff inside the polystone Wobblers. With this one and only piece, the factory chose three random items, being Batman, SpongeBob, & Elmo to put inside the polystone to test the floating issues. It definitely fits the oddball category & I can gladly say this bit of history is now in my collection!! :glasses7:

Image

Image


Brian@Funko wrote:......


Maybe Brian recalls this particular piece for any further info on it.. :-)


This is a beauty, Josh. You never cease to amaze me with the gorgeous historical Funko pieces in your collection.

Keep them coming and congrats! :)
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps
Collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... 819WEZFWW/


Image

Image

User avatar
FearlessPhotog
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 am

Adrenya wrote:I really want to know what the pie tastes like though. The coolest thing I have is my HQ grand opening golden ticket. Not spectacular, but it is signed by Brian, Kevin Smith and all the Comic Book Men.

Image


that’s awesome! i love the comic book men lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Boymom4
Posts: 701
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Boymom4 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Tmarie_82 wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:My oldest funko piece. Seems like some sort of store display oversized wobbler. I purchased one on ebay and he displays nicely. Image



I love this piece we also purchased one a few months ago on eBay, it is awesome!


Wow...love this wobbler. My son just got the tom and Jerry wobbler recently and he would absolutely love this freddy. I'm definitely going to have to do some research and see if I can surprise him with this piece. Well, that's assuming its not too expensive...we all know what funko prices can be like on the after-market.

User avatar
Boymom4
Posts: 701
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby Boymom4 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:51 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Your never too far from home to find a little bit of Funko history. This crystal Freddy Wobbler was a test piece that was accidentally sent out from the Funko factory over a decade ago. At the time, Funko was messing with the idea of floating stuff inside the polystone Wobblers. With this one and only piece, the factory chose three random items, being Batman, SpongeBob, & Elmo to put inside the polystone to test the floating issues. It definitely fits the oddball category & I can gladly say this bit of history is now in my collection!! :glasses7:

Image

Image



Brian@Funko wrote:......


Maybe Brian recalls this particular piece for any further info on it.. :-)


One word to describe this piece...AMAZING!!

User avatar
The 998th LC
Posts: 1033
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 12:37 pm
Location: the Wall
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby The 998th LC » Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Some really incrediblely odd & rare stuff in here! Josh bringing that Funko History, what a outstanding collection dude!
Hello, my name is Jon Snow.

Image

ISO: 1/8 Officer Cartman Wobbler & 1/4 Tuxedo Cartman Wobbler

User avatar
supertoygiant
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby supertoygiant » Sun May 27, 2018 4:55 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
Adrenya wrote:I really want to know what the pie tastes like though. The coolest thing I have is my HQ grand opening golden ticket. Not spectacular, but it is signed by Brian, Kevin Smith and all the Comic Book Men.

Image


that’s awesome! i love the comic book men lol



I would frame that right away!!!! :freddy3:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.


ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

User avatar
FearlessPhotog
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby FearlessPhotog » Sun May 27, 2018 6:26 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
Adrenya wrote:I really want to know what the pie tastes like though. The coolest thing I have is my HQ grand opening golden ticket. Not spectacular, but it is signed by Brian, Kevin Smith and all the Comic Book Men.

Image


that’s awesome! i love the comic book men lol



I would frame that right away!!!! :freddy3:


yes! that would pretty awesome!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BobbleheadFreak
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:31 pm
Location: Sacramento
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Wed May 30, 2018 7:52 pm

Found this cleaning out Toy Closet, it was a Box Layout of a never released Wobbler, From the movie The Tuxedo

Image
Image
ImageImageImage
Call me Chris
Instagram : Fliptoyz

User avatar
KevinOhNeeder
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 9:51 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby KevinOhNeeder » Wed May 30, 2018 9:03 pm

So cool to see all this special stuff!

MissKitty
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby MissKitty » Thu May 31, 2018 12:28 am

My "odd"piece is literally that, a piece. At Fundays 2015, the prize patrol were throwing goodies. I caught one and someone ripped it out of my hands and all I was left with was an arm. I kept it and displayed it as an omage to that brutal Fundays.

User avatar
thejosh2010
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month
Posts: 8536
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 pm
Location: Where the T-Bones roam
Contact:

Re: your oddest piece of Funko, special Funko history

Postby thejosh2010 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 am

BobbleheadFreak wrote:Found this cleaning out Toy Closet, it was a Box Layout of a never released Wobbler, From the movie The Tuxedo

Image


That’s an awesome find just laying up in your closet Chris :razz: Trying to picture the Wobbler in my mind and it seems like it would’ve been a cool one :-k
Image
COTM 01/18
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Image


Return to “Other Funko Products”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users