Would Love to See Ornaments

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Marquetry

Would Love to See Ornaments

Postby Marquetry » Sat May 13, 2017 6:23 pm

One of the other things I collect is Hallmark ornaments.. I've never seen/heard of any Funko christmas/holiday ornaments, my apologies if I missed them, but I think they could be much fun!

Holiday variants of Freddy, smaller versions of popular characters... so many possibilities.

Treblemdk

Re: Would Love to See Ornaments

Postby Treblemdk » Sun May 14, 2017 1:48 am

I made a few of my own with the Pocket Pop! Keychains. Just take the ring off & put on an ornament hook.
But I think that would be cool to see. They did start the Pop! Home line

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sun May 14, 2017 2:50 am

Here's a few, not sure if there are more.

Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:09 am

I think the Rocket and Groot pack from the first Guardians MCC is it currently. I would love to see more done as well because they are adorable out of the box.

Kinda on the same note: I saw somewhere that people take Mystery Mini and Pint Size duplicates they can't sell and turn them into ornaments using little these little screw hook things

http://www.joann.com/screw-eye-silver-12pc/7701105.html
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Sun May 14, 2017 3:51 am

I was thinking about hanging all my keychains like they are ornaments too. They are small enough to hand pretty well.

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Sun May 14, 2017 1:05 pm

JimmyD wrote:I was thinking about hanging all my keychains like they are ornaments too. They are small enough to hand pretty well.

I would probably do this also if I had any sort of artistic talent!

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Sun May 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:I think the Rocket and Groot pack from the first Guardians MCC is it currently. I would love to see more done as well because they are adorable out of the box.

Kinda on the same note: I saw somewhere that people take Mystery Mini and Pint Size duplicates they can't sell and turn them into ornaments using little these little screw hook things

http://www.joann.com/screw-eye-silver-12pc/7701105.html

Think ornaments would be cool too (though I certainly don't need to spend any more than I already am). Good ideas and suggestions.

jloc17

Postby jloc17 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:50 pm

I like that idea as well. Hallmark does very well with these.

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Mon May 15, 2017 2:27 am

jloc17 wrote:I like that idea as well. Hallmark does very well with these.

But that is Hallmark's thing. Funko has a lot going on. And there's the time that goes into a new product, which would be strict for the Holiday season

PopDaddy

Postby PopDaddy » Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 am

Pocket Pops with ornament mod!
WTB: Luffy color proto

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Tue May 16, 2017 10:33 am

I think it's easy enough to turn the smaller lines (PSH, keychain, mystery minis) into ornaments, even though they wouldn't really be holiday-themed. I don't think my wallet could handle Funko doing these as well lol
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

anime23

Postby anime23 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

JimmyD wrote:I was thinking about hanging all my keychains like they are ornaments too. They are small enough to hand pretty well.

Darn you, I was free and clear of the keychains until you mentioned that. LOL Thanks Jimmy!
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu May 18, 2017 3:08 pm

These would sound so awesome, but if funko were to do ornaments, I'd probably prefer them to be made with glass/ceramic materials over vinyl. It'd probably take more work than is worth it for just a seasonal item.
Hi, I'm CY

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:18 pm

I have the Rocket & Groot ornaments from the MCC box and love them. It was the perfect holiday time box and the ornaments are great! I was hoping for something similar this year but there were no new ornaments. I would love to see Funko do something ornament specific.
:king: Mike

JimmyD

Postby JimmyD » Fri May 19, 2017 3:29 am

anime23 wrote:

Darn you, I was free and clear of the keychains until you mentioned that. LOL Thanks Jimmy!

My work here is done!! Goodnight everyone!! ;-)

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:10 pm

JimmyD wrote:
anime23 wrote:

My work here is done!! Goodnight everyone!! ;-)

=D> =D> =D> =D> Thanks a freaking lot Jimmy HAHA. Its a good idea though with Hallmark lines being crazy.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Fri May 19, 2017 2:15 pm

comic book guy wrote:I have the Rocket & Groot ornaments from the MCC box and love them. It was the perfect holiday time box and the ornaments are great! I was hoping for something similar this year but there were no new ornaments. I would love to see Funko do something ornament specific.

I completely agree. I sadly let my kids each pick one of the ornaments from that box so in 10 years when they go to college I won't have them any more! lol

I love that we got that pair of ornaments and would welcome more in a heartbeat.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri May 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes, ornaments would be great. especially the superhero ones.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Dk123

Postby Dk123 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:09 pm

I'm hoping to see Disney ornaments...

Treblemdk

Postby Treblemdk » Sat May 20, 2017 3:12 am

Use the extra small figures you have laying around lol no need to pay for packaging etc for <2 months of display

noobie

Postby noobie » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Have there been any other ornament releases besides Groot/Rocket?

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:37 pm

This is a great idea. More 'Bobblers' would be awesome!! Actually I've made some homemade ones using hooks out of mystery minis!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:56 pm

lol I would be interested in ornaments too...but I have an adverse reaction to people who hang actual toys on their tree. lol

I want to see funko ornaments that are Christmas items.

noobie

Postby noobie » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:29 pm

I would love Funko ornaments. It would be more kid friendly than ball ornaments.

Kyvinylzjohnson

Postby Kyvinylzjohnson » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 am

Last year i bought a few clear ornanament bubbles that split apart from Michaels craft store and put mystery minis inside. They fit perfectly. I added some fake xmas tree wreath material to mimic the woods for my walking dead minis. Turned out great

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:54 am

I would love a Funko tree of my very own. Ornaments of every kind. Just like my collection. A Freddy Funko Angel on top. That would be amazing. Let’s make it happen.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 am

Are any of the Christmas theme pops in keychain form? I'd happily get a few of those, but just getting regular keychain pops for the tree isn't really Christmas themed.

Give me Clark Griswold, Freddy Funko w/ Happy Holidays box, the Freddy Nutcrackers, Grinch etc in keychain form, and I'd be quite happy to put them on the tree! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

FunkoPoppinLockin

Postby FunkoPoppinLockin » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 pm

I hope ornaments are in the works for next holiday season.
Instagram: funkopoppinlockin
Instagram: Jlop24
Twitter: Lopez_josh24

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I would buy a funko ornament for my Christmas tree.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:52 pm

comic book guy wrote:I have the Rocket & Groot ornaments from the MCC box and love them. It was the perfect holiday time box and the ornaments are great! I was hoping for something similar this year but there were no new ornaments. I would love to see Funko do something ornament specific.

I like those too but the backlash on them was brutal. I think if they had included a Pop with the ornaments then most people would have been OK with it, but they had advertised that every box would have a Pop in it and people were very angry that Funko called the ornaments "Pops". Plus the box right before that had a chase in it, so many people signed up for multiple boxes to increase their chance of getting future chases. So you can imagine what those people thought about getting multiple ornaments and scarves. I think the backlash scared Funko off of making anymore ornaments even though that wasn't at the heart of the complaints.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

vhsu16

Postby vhsu16 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:48 pm

Not a bad idea ;)

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:20 am

I have the Rocket and Groot on my tree and everyone comments on them. I would love to add more.
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm

treswright wrote:

I like those too but the backlash on them was brutal. I think if they had included a Pop with the ornaments then most people would have been OK with it, but they had advertised that every box would have a Pop in it and people were very angry that Funko called the ornaments "Pops". Plus the box right before that had a chase in it, so many people signed up for multiple boxes to increase their chance of getting future chases. So you can imagine what those people thought about getting multiple ornaments and scarves. I think the backlash scared Funko off of making anymore ornaments even though that wasn't at the heart of the complaints.

The backlash to that was downright ugly from what I remember. It was a sad affair. I was very happy with that box and I even pulled the Bobblers out and used them on my tree this year!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Here's a few, not sure if there are more.

These two ornaments go on my christmas tree every year since I have gotten them.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:23 pm

WildberryPOPtarts33 wrote:
treswright wrote:

The backlash to that was downright ugly from what I remember. It was a sad affair. I was very happy with that box and I even pulled the Bobblers out and used them on my tree this year!

I really hope the backlash doesn't cause Funko to never do ornaments again. I think a tree full of funko bobblehead ornaments would be awesome. I have put mine on my tree ever since I got the box.
Collecting since 2014

jperez702

Postby jperez702 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:01 pm

I didn't mid the wobblers. The scarf on the other hand... uhhhhhh, someone at Goodwill enjoyed it.

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:46 am

Great idea. Pop ride with character ornaments would be nice. A little more animated than just the plain single character. Imagine Marvin the Martian and his spaceship as an ornament. Or Michaelangelo and the turtle van ornament.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

JorEl15

Postby JorEl15 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:28 am

I've done ornaments with all of the keychains that I have. It's fun for guests to play a little bit of "I Spy" with the ornaments.
1st Pop: Avengers 2 Hulk

ISO: Red Metallic Hulk, Wicked Witch, Batman Silver 2011-2013 SDCC/NYCC Variants

vallina

Postby vallina » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 am

Awesome idea... Hallmark is so successful with these. I'm not one for collecting ornaments to put on trees, but they are ridiculously adorable.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:50 am

My wife and I went out and bought a bunch of clearance pops and then bought some little hooks to screw into their heads and some yarn. Easy Christmas tree for all to enjoy.

Return to “Other Funko Products”