Why is it so hard to find certain Funko shirts?

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
thebigdog14

Why is it so hard to find certain Funko shirts?

Postby thebigdog14 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 am

I have been searching for ages for that Funko Pop Deadpool riding a unicorn shirt and that Marvel shirt that has like a split between Iron Man and Captain America and says Civil War. Why are some T-shirts so hard to find?
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

OMG_I_LOVE_POPS

Re: Why is it so hard to find certain Funko shirts?

Postby OMG_I_LOVE_POPS » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:24 am

I have also been looking for the Deadpool Unicorn shirt. I remember even seeing it at GameStop once but not in my size and never saw them again. I’m not sure if they were super limited or everyone just snagged them up. I see lots of pop shirts being worn in the wild, but not so much for this one.Image
ImageImage Image

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 am

I think that came out around SDCC 2016 right? The older boxed shirts didn’t seem to ever get a second run. I’m sure now that all the shirts are out of box we might see multiple runs. You might want to make a post in the Want to buy sub forum and see if anyone can keep an eye out for you.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:17 am

I think there are just so many variations of shirts, that some of them are in short supply. To be honest i have never even seen that Deadpool design up until now.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 pm

I feel like I've seen this Deadpool one briefly awhile back. Maybe TRU?? Haven't seen it since.

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:03 pm

I love anything on a unicorn. Especially Deadpool. Time to hunt that shirt down (and find it never).
Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:17 pm

That Deadpool unicorn one was exclusive to Gamestop - it went on clearance quite awhile ago because I picked mine up in late 2016 during a clearance sale. I think the Civil War one was exclusive to Toys R Us, I just finally found a few there on clearance when I was travelling around Christmas.

A lot of the older ones seemed to have smaller runs - I was never able to find either version of the Wonder Woman tees.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:31 am

It seems like I'll see some cool ones go up but I hesitate and then look again and they are gone lol. I just need to be quicker on the trigger!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

rbugs

Postby rbugs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:57 pm

wenhol8710 wrote:That Deadpool unicorn one was exclusive to Gamestop - it went on clearance quite awhile ago because I picked mine up in late 2016 during a clearance sale. I think the Civil War one was exclusive to Toys R Us, I just finally found a few there on clearance when I was travelling around Christmas.

A lot of the older ones seemed to have smaller runs - I was never able to find either version of the Wonder Woman tees.

I was thinking it was year ago! Couldn't remember where I saw it, now that you mention it I remember seeing it at Gamestop years ago.

rbugs

Postby rbugs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:58 pm

WildberryPOPtarts33 wrote:It seems like I'll see some cool ones go up but I hesitate and then look again and they are gone lol. I just need to be quicker on the trigger!

Yeah, shirt designs seem to come and go quick. There used to be a ton at my local hot topic now there are almost none, target has a bunch but its hit and miss.

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:48 pm

Yeah and some actually were limited edition I don't remember if this design was one of them.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

Force951

Postby Force951 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:03 am

Tynett wrote:Yeah and some actually were limited edition I don't remember if this design was one of them.

Not limited edition, just short run. People were tracking them when it hit stores, so it sold out quickly as well.

SteakNEggs310

Postby SteakNEggs310 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:06 am

WildberryPOPtarts33 wrote:It seems like I'll see some cool ones go up but I hesitate and then look again and they are gone lol. I just need to be quicker on the trigger!

I do the same thing!! The saying is true... Get it or regret it...

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:10 pm

SteakNEggs310 wrote:

LOL exactly!
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:13 pm

I missed when HT used to sell the shirts so I could use hot cash.

badger

Postby badger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I need to find that neon star lord tshirt
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:33 pm

badger wrote:I need to find that neon star lord tshirt

Oh man! They used to have a ton at my local :\

badger

Postby badger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:33 pm

pinklaquer wrote:

Oh that sucks! There aren’t over here in the U.K., so unless someone is willing to sell at an ok price, I won’t get one ](*,)

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:34 pm

badger wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:

Oh that sucks! There aren’t over here in the U.K., so unless someone is willing to sell at an ok price, I won’t get one ](*,)

Yeah, if only i knew about this sooner... I would have brought one over with me and sent in the post over there... I might be going back in April so let me know your size and I'll see if I can spot one for you!

badger

Postby badger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:40 pm

pinklaquer wrote:
badger wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:

Yeah, if only i knew about this sooner... I would have brought one over with me and sent in the post over there... I might be going back in April so let me know your size and I'll see if I can spot one for you!

Oh my god! That would be amazing, thank you, I am a small shirt size by the way.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:09 am

thebigdog14 wrote:I have been searching for ages for that Funko Pop Deadpool riding a unicorn shirt and that Marvel shirt that has like a split between Iron Man and Captain America and says Civil War. Why are some T-shirts so hard to find?

I've only seen that shirt once and I believe it was at a gamestop. Only thing that stopped me from getting it was that it was a Medium...I'm a husky guy and that just would not be comfy at all lol

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:26 am

Maybe there should be a help post for shirts if someone wants to post under that section but yes deadpool shirt was GameStop and I believe star lord target but usually once they sell out it's hit or miss if they restock. Good luck !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:59 pm

agreed...they're kinda limited and even more limited when you look at the sizes available. my negan with lucille shirt is a medium...fits me like a dress. my captain america - sleep shirt. but they're soooo cute!!!

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:03 am

badger wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:
badger wrote:Oh that sucks! There aren’t over here in the U.K., so unless someone is willing to sell at an ok price, I won’t get one ](*,)

Oh my god! That would be amazing, thank you, I am a small shirt size by the way.

super sweet of you! :)

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:03 am

SteakNEggs310 wrote:

yup. just do it!

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:04 am

imbatgirlpop wrote:
badger wrote:
pinklaquer wrote:

super sweet of you! :)

Share the good Funatic vibe!

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:39 pm

OMG_I_LOVE_POPS wrote:I have also been looking for the Deadpool Unicorn shirt. I remember even seeing it at GameStop once but not in my size and never saw them again. I’m not sure if they were super limited or everyone just snagged them up. I see lots of pop shirts being worn in the wild, but not so much for this one.Image

That's a pretty cool shirt. I don't remember seeing at gamestop's out here. Do you have any idea if it was limited numbers or an exclusive?

Adrenya

Postby Adrenya » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 am

The one I've been looking for since it came out. I was told by the stores they would carry it so I didn't order it off their website then it never showed up in the stores. The Babymetal Pop Tee.

Funko is Family!

flipayani

Postby flipayani » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:13 am

thebigdog14 wrote:I have been searching for ages for that Funko Pop Deadpool riding a unicorn shirt and that Marvel shirt that has like a split between Iron Man and Captain America and says Civil War. Why are some T-shirts so hard to find?

The Civil War shirt was part of the MCC box that included the Iron Man v Captain America 2-pack.

flipayani

Postby flipayani » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:15 am

Adrenya wrote:The one I've been looking for since it came out. I was told by the stores they would carry it so I didn't order it off their website then it never showed up in the stores. The Babymetal Pop Tee.

I want to say I've seen that in the clearance section of an FYE. If I come across it again, I'll hit you up with a message.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 am

There are quite a few shirts that i can't seem to come across at a retail store. But i find that they are not that much on ebay, for when you really can't find them.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 am

I think some of the shirts never actually make it to retail - at least that I see. I've seen some of them at the Funko HQ store, but it's weird how they handle the shirts that aren't in a box. I wish they would go on Funko Shop.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:19 pm

imbatgirlpop wrote:
SteakNEggs310 wrote:

yup. just do it!

Yes, I hesitated on the Pickle Rick shirt and regret it now. Have two other pop shirts and always get comments on them when I'm out and about asking about them.

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Bushmaster51 wrote:
OMG_I_LOVE_POPS wrote:I have also been looking for the Deadpool Unicorn shirt. I remember even seeing it at GameStop once but not in my size and never saw them again. I’m not sure if they were super limited or everyone just snagged them up. I see lots of pop shirts being worn in the wild, but not so much for this one.Image

That's a pretty cool shirt. I don't remember seeing at gamestop's out here. Do you have any idea if it was limited numbers or an exclusive?

I have no clue. I wasn’t as into collecting then as I am now.
SWC 2019

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:31 pm

There are so many shirts out there and there is no good way of knowing everything they have released. I remember when that Deadpool shirt came out I was going to buy it, but waited too long and have never seen it since. When I was at Funko HQ there were MANY that I never saw before and had to grab a few. I do wish there was a full catalog out there to find all of the releases and where they were so I can try and find them. If there is one out there, please share.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:05 am

dcooperfl wrote:There are so many shirts out there and there is no good way of knowing everything they have released. I remember when that Deadpool shirt came out I was going to buy it, but waited too long and have never seen it since. When I was at Funko HQ there were MANY that I never saw before and had to grab a few. I do wish there was a full catalog out there to find all of the releases and where they were so I can try and find them. If there is one out there, please share.

a catalog would be great. I hope they make one or put them online. there are many other characters i would like to get but cannot yet. I did get a Batgirl shirt from Hq that I really do love though!

Adrenya

Postby Adrenya » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:19 am

flipayani wrote:
Adrenya wrote:The one I've been looking for since it came out. I was told by the stores they would carry it so I didn't order it off their website then it never showed up in the stores. The Babymetal Pop Tee.

I want to say I've seen that in the clearance section of an FYE. If I come across it again, I'll hit you up with a message.

When I made this comment I remembered how upset I was when I couldn't find it so I went on eBay and there was one in my size for retail. I'll have it by the end of the week \:D/ . I remember it was a Hot Topic exclusive (most of them were back then) because I was in there so much I ended up with a job a few months later lol
Funko is Family!

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 am

I just wish the ones that were on funkoshop (pop logo) etc... were still there.
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Volknalia

Postby Volknalia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:

there was a shirt similar to this at HQ, I'll check next time I am there... but knowing how the stock rotates it might not be there, it is also possible it was a slightly different version.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Volknalia wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:

there was a shirt similar to this at HQ, I'll check next time I am there... but knowing how the stock rotates it might not be there, it is also possible it was a slightly different version.

If you see it in an XL, will you nab it and I’ll pay you cost+shipping?
SWC 2019

Return to “Other Funko Products”