Why is it so hard to find certain Funko shirts?

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
wenhol8710

Re: Why is it so hard to find certain Funko shirts?

Postby wenhol8710 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Bushmaster51 wrote:
OMG_I_LOVE_POPS wrote:I have also been looking for the Deadpool Unicorn shirt. I remember even seeing it at GameStop once but not in my size and never saw them again. I’m not sure if they were super limited or everyone just snagged them up. I see lots of pop shirts being worn in the wild, but not so much for this one.Image

That's a pretty cool shirt. I don't remember seeing at gamestop's out here. Do you have any idea if it was limited numbers or an exclusive?

It was exclusive to Gamestop in 2016.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Shinfo13

Postby Shinfo13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:11 am

I always think it is weird that Funko doesn't just load their online webstore with any and all tees and Pops that they possibly could. Retailer exclusives are a separate issue, but it makes no sense to make something as dumb as a shirt so hard to find. For example, my fiance is really into the anime Sword Art Online and saw someone post about a Pop! shirt they found at HQ. Waited months and months to see if it would go on sale anywhere and never even saw one pop up anywhere on ebay for sale. Fortunately we had a friend go up to HQ during Xmas and as kind enough to pick it up for her. I just see alot of wasted potential where they could be bringing in more revenue.
Current Pop count: 280
Current Dorbz Count: 16
Newest Pop: SSGSS Kamehameha Goku
Favorite Pop: SS2 Gohan
ISO: Not even sure anymore

gxwhyelle

Postby gxwhyelle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 am

I also had been looking for that Deadpool Unicorn shirt a while back but never found it. Having them all on Funko Shop is a great idea, I know I regularly check out what shirts they hv on Funko shop! Would love to see more on there.
grace / @gracexyl - IG

LF color protos: TWS & AOU Capt America, AOU Thor & always & forever: Original Loki :love4:

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 pm

I miss getting Funko shirts from HT.

flipayani

Postby flipayani » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:15 am

Adrenya wrote:
flipayani wrote:
Adrenya wrote:The one I've been looking for since it came out. I was told by the stores they would carry it so I didn't order it off their website then it never showed up in the stores. The Babymetal Pop Tee.

I want to say I've seen that in the clearance section of an FYE. If I come across it again, I'll hit you up with a message.

When I made this comment I remembered how upset I was when I couldn't find it so I went on eBay and there was one in my size for retail. I'll have it by the end of the week \:D/ . I remember it was a Hot Topic exclusive (most of them were back then) because I was in there so much I ended up with a job a few months later lol

Yeah, going to eBay may have been the more efficient move since I haven't stepped into a FYE since making this comment lol . Nice pick up on the tee!

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:25 pm

Volknalia wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:
That's a pretty cool shirt. I don't remember seeing at gamestop's out here. Do you have any idea if it was limited numbers or an exclusive?

I have no clue. I wasn’t as into collecting then as I am now.

there was a shirt similar to this at HQ, I'll check next time I am there... but knowing how the stock rotates it might not be there, it is also possible it was a slightly different version.

Yeah. Keep us updated. I am now curious after seeing the picture.

slimpimp2phat

Postby slimpimp2phat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:39 am

i hate going to stores like target only to find L and XL and XXL? like come on man!

Kito87

Postby Kito87 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:28 am

Cause they're so hard to find I really debate with myself when I see some I like. I went on vacation out of state once and found 4 on clearance, I had been looking at. Got one a size up just cause I couldn't find it anywhere else anymore.
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Tue May 01, 2018 3:29 am

Our local B&N carries a bunch of Funko shirts..they just moved a ton of them to the 30% clearance..mostly heroes and some Star Wars ones..not sure if all B&N carry them though..

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 am

slimpimp2phat wrote:i hate going to stores like target only to find L and XL and XXL? like come on man!

Whenever I go to target I usually only see XL and lower... many send those XXLs up to North!
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Sat May 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Funko used to give away a lot of shirts at convention events...do they do that anymore?

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat May 12, 2018 2:11 pm

I think most of the Pop Tees are very limited runs, I have learned to snag them if I see one I really love and cry later if it goes on clearance.

TheGeorge

Postby TheGeorge » Sat May 12, 2018 2:21 pm

I seem to always find the Funko shirt I want...in the wrong size.
:freddy1:

MikeySanz

Postby MikeySanz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 am

Yeah! It’s definitely a struggle locating a really specific shirt in a timely manor!

Return to “Other Funko Products”