Funko Cereal!

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Skatervic23

Re: Funko Cereal!

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:31 pm

I did try eat cereal but it’s taste okay and some nothing flavor

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm

homietrav wrote:I want them all and not to eat....

I have about 15 boxes that I haven’t opened yet. Kinda of afraid to open now. It’s been months almost a year since I bought my first cereal and afraid to see what’s inside.
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Skatervic23 wrote:I did try eat cereal but it’s taste okay and some nothing flavor

I heard bad things about the taste. I’m tempted to open one of mine to see for myself.
Image Image

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:05 pm

I ordered a box of Cousin Eddie-Os and it came SMASHED from poor packaging (the seller simply put it in a flimsy FedEx envelope ).
Soooooo, I will soon be tasting my first box of Funko cereal! ;-)
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:14 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:Wow, do you have them all? I haven’t been able to keep up with all of the cereals out. Fantastic job of displaying them. Do you eat any?

Thank you! No I do not have them all, maybe 1/2 of the current releases. I look for mint boxes and they are hard to find sometimes, so that slows me down. I have tasted the cereal but all my boxes are full of cereal in sealed bags, I don't eat my collection. lol

There are more. I really need to keep up. I have only three: Jason, Freddy and Gollum.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:18 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:Wow, do you have them all? I haven’t been able to keep up with all of the cereals out. Fantastic job of displaying them. Do you eat any?

Thank you! No I do not have them all, maybe 1/2 of the current releases. I look for mint boxes and they are hard to find sometimes, so that slows me down. I have tasted the cereal but all my boxes are full of cereal in sealed bags, I don't eat my collection. lol

There are more. I really need to keep up. I have only three: Jason, Freddy and Gollum.

Those were some of the first ones that came out, you have to hurry now to catch up! lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:40 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Those were some of the first ones that came out, you have to hurry now to catch up! lol

I have limited space, I have soda, pops, shirts, pins, cups you name it. I crazy haha.

Image[/url]

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:29 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:

I have limited space, I have soda, pops, shirts, pins, cups you name it. I crazy haha.

I know what you mean, I have the cereal collection at work and I don't have a contingency plan if I ever get fired or leave. :eek:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:27 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:Those were some of the first ones that came out, you have to hurry now to catch up! lol

I know what you mean, I have the cereal collection at work and I don't have a contingency plan if I ever get fired or leave. :eek:

I know how you feel. I never look that far ahead.

Image[/url]

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:49 pm

i'm curious to know how many ppl would buy an empty cereal box vs one that has the cereal given that so many ppl don't plan on eating it lol

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:24 pm

So I was really annoyed with BoxLunch then happy with them. I bought a box of Zero cereal and the pop was broken when I opened it up. Thankfully they order me a new one and didn’t give me any gruff. So I got a new box of Zero cereal with an awesome pocket pop.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:36 pm

MacKazoo wrote:So I was really annoyed with BoxLunch then happy with them. I bought a box of Zero cereal and the pop was broken when I opened it up. Thankfully they order me a new one and didn’t give me any gruff. So I got a new box of Zero cereal with an awesome pocket pop.

Mine was broken as well and they didn't have anymore so I had to super glue the ear... :(

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:19 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:So I was really annoyed with BoxLunch then happy with them. I bought a box of Zero cereal and the pop was broken when I opened it up. Thankfully they order me a new one and didn’t give me any gruff. So I got a new box of Zero cereal with an awesome pocket pop.

Mine was broken as well and they didn't have anymore so I had to super glue the ear... :(

That’s the store order one in for me next day delivery
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:21 pm

I just love the art on the box and just don’t want to open it! I only have 2 boxes - the Gollum and the Jeff Goldblum as of now. I did taste them at D-Con last year and the cereal isn’t as bad as some make it seem lol I didn’t mind it at all. In fact, I thought it was pretty good.
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:30 am

BestDadEver wrote:
Skatervic23 wrote:I did try eat cereal but it’s taste okay and some nothing flavor

I heard bad things about the taste. I’m tempted to open one of mine to see for myself.

We ate the Conan OBrien Funkos from 2019 SDCC. They were orange in color and had a kind of citrus taste. They were not bad. Only about enough for 2 decent size bowls tho lol

Now with all the dye that makes the black cereal black..yeah, I would be scared!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:36 am

A-Okay wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

We ate the Conan OBrien Funkos from 2019 SDCC. They were orange in color and had a kind of citrus taste. They were not bad. Only about enough for 2 decent size bowls tho lol

Now with all the dye that makes the black cereal black..yeah, I would be scared!

The Conan FunkO's have to be my favorite but definitely not a fan favorite. He's only $5 on PPG! lol lol lol

I would definitely not enjoy that citrus flavor. I never actually open the cereal (only once when FunkO's first came out). I carefully open the box from the bottom, take out the Pocket Pop!, and glue it back shut to make it look like it was never touched lol

Now I just need the SDCC exclusive orange Conan Pop! to match. I'll get it eventually lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:36 am

I might just have to buy the Miguel one! They've been releasing some really awesome ones on the DL lately. I can't get enough!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:47 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:I heard bad things about the taste. I’m tempted to open one of mine to see for myself.

The Conan FunkO's have to be my favorite but definitely not a fan favorite. He's only $5 on PPG! lol lol lol

I would definitely not enjoy that citrus flavor. I never actually open the cereal (only once when FunkO's first came out). I carefully open the box from the bottom, take out the Pocket Pop!, and glue it back shut to make it look like it was never touched lol

Now I just need the SDCC exclusive orange Conan Pop! to match. I'll get it eventually lol

The Orange SDCC Conan kinda looks like a proto to me. I wonder what the proto looks like? The same probably lol
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:47 am

A-Okay wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
A-Okay wrote:

The Orange SDCC Conan kinda looks like a proto to me. I wonder what the proto looks like? The same probably lol

LOL OMG you'e right lol They probably didn't even need a proto!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:11 am

YeetGrimes wrote:I might just have to buy the Miguel one! They've been releasing some really awesome ones on the DL lately. I can't get enough!

I wonder if Miguel is GITD. That would be so awesomw
It’s me Lynda

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:23 am

A-Okay wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
A-Okay wrote:

Haha!!! One might even say that the citrus cereal had a poopy flavor haha !!! That Conan box from sdcc is definitely a must have. Love the box and love Conan period. Hope you get that Conan pop!!!
Image Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:25 am

A-Okay wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

Yeah I’m not touching that black cereal!! I don’t know how it taste but it kinda does scare me a bit. I feel like my mouth will be filled with ink or something.
Image Image

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:56 am

Popfanatics wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I might just have to buy the Miguel one! They've been releasing some really awesome ones on the DL lately. I can't get enough!

That would be neat especially with The Nightmare Before Christmas cereal pops are glow

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:59 am

BestDadEver wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:I heard bad things about the taste. I’m tempted to open one of mine to see for myself.

Yeah I’m not touching that black cereal!! I don’t know how it taste but it kinda does scare me a bit. I feel like my mouth will be filled with ink or something.

Lol hahaha I dunno why they still make cereal. Smh

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:08 pm

Skatervic23 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
A-Okay wrote:

Haha I guess for those who love the nostalgia of getting a toy in the box. But for eating purposes I’ll stick to my coco pebbles haha
Image Image

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:46 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
Skatervic23 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:Yeah I’m not touching that black cereal!! I don’t know how it taste but it kinda does scare me a bit. I feel like my mouth will be filled with ink or something.

Haha I guess for those who love the nostalgia of getting a toy in the box. But for eating purposes I’ll stick to my coco pebbles haha

Haha yeah definitely not my goto for a tasty bowl or breakfast. I do love the box art though! And rhe recent Spirit Halloween disney villain boxes are awesome!
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:06 pm

MacKazoo wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:

That would be neat especially with The Nightmare Before Christmas cereal pops are glow

I didn't know the toy that's comes with the NBC FunkO's glows! That's awesome! A GITD Miguel would be too cool.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:09 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:The Conan FunkO's have to be my favorite but definitely not a fan favorite. He's only $5 on PPG! lol lol lol

Haha!!! One might even say that the citrus cereal had a poopy flavor haha !!! That Conan box from sdcc is definitely a must have. Love the box and love Conan period. Hope you get that Conan pop!!!

Poopy! lol lol lol Thanks, Ricky! Hoping to add him to my collection real soon :)

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:15 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:I wonder if Miguel is GITD. That would be so awesomw

I didn't know the toy that's comes with the NBC FunkO's glows! That's awesome! A GITD Miguel would be too cool.

It’s especially cool, though my local Spirit Halloween was supposed to call me when they got shipment of Oogie Boogie cereal unfortunately they haven’t.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Have tried the cereal, got to say the only way I am eating it is if there is an emergency and nothing else is available. I mostly keep my cereal boxes unopened.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:35 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
A-Okay wrote:The Orange SDCC Conan kinda looks like a proto to me. I wonder what the proto looks like? The same probably lol

Poopy! lol lol lol Thanks, Ricky! Hoping to add him to my collection real soon :)

Haha wasn’t sure if you knew it was me haha!!!
Image Image

omarwinkie

Postby omarwinkie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

yeah im kinda worried about eating the cereal

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:01 pm

I got screwed out of Oogie Boogie cereal from Spirit Halloween

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:38 am

What's the best way to open the box of cereal to remove the cereal any tips ???
:freddy3:

Purplelady

Postby Purplelady » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:26 am

Jalapenopete wrote:What's the best way to open the box of cereal to remove the cereal any tips ???

I would open from the bottom very carefully with a sharp knife....but if you are just opening to eat the cereal....it’s not that good lol.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:40 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
BestDadEver wrote: Haha!!! One might even say that the citrus cereal had a poopy flavor haha !!! That Conan box from sdcc is definitely a must have. Love the box and love Conan period. Hope you get that Conan pop!!!

I forgot how I found out but I knew for awhile! Hahaha lol

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:42 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Poopy! lol lol lol Thanks, Ricky! Hoping to add him to my collection real soon :)

The poop strikes again!!!! Haha was hoping to stay incognito and mess with you guys!!
Image Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:43 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:Haha wasn’t sure if you knew it was me haha!!!

The poop strikes again!!!! Haha was hoping to stay incognito and mess with you guys!!

Muahahaha you couldn't fool me! ;) lol

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:54 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I forgot how I found out but I knew for awhile! Hahaha lol

Muahahaha you couldn't fool me! ;) lol

Haha!!! There’s a reason I have all kinds a names. It’s strategic!!
Image Image

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Purplelady wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:What's the best way to open the box of cereal to remove the cereal any tips ???

I would open from the bottom very carefully with a sharp knife....but if you are just opening to eat the cereal....it’s not that good lol.

And it will turn your poop the same color as the cereal. I tried the Elvira cereal (black) at DCon last year and thought I was dying later that night.

Return to “Other Funko Products”