Pop home needs some love and Funko candy should be a thing

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
chezpopp

Pop home needs some love and Funko candy should be a thing

Postby chezpopp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Every time I forget that pop home is actually a thing, I’m reminded of it’s existence when I come across one of those unwieldy mugs. I’m sure some people like them but for me, they’re hard to clean and eat up to much shelf space. The salt and pepper shakers aren’t bad but I couldn’t see actually using them. I feel like Funko has enough brand power and loyal customers to justify putting out some cool stuff. Using the crown logo, the Funko script logo, and Freddy they could actually put out useful home and kitchen products that aren’t super cheesy. Some of the newer water bottles are actually pretty cool. I’m thinking silicon spatulas (runner scrapy kind) with some Funko art or logo and turning spatulas (flat pancake flippy kind) with the flipper part being the crown. Maybe metal grilling skewers with the crown bent into the end and Funko sidetowels are a little overboard but there’s a definite market for all that stuff. How about some Funko cookie cutters or a cupcake decorating pack with Funko cupcake papers and little vinyl cake toppers and some candies and sprinkles. I worked at a williams Sonoma on the weekends teaching their demo classes (the employee discount was hella worth it) and stuff like that sold all the time. I also envision a Freddy head with crown bundt pan that would actually work (again maybe to far). Freddy measuring cups could work or stackable crowns as measuring cups. Really even quality paper products like plates and napkins for cookouts. How about some Funko wine charms. Or and this is my dream , condiment bottles. Tbone ketchup bottle and sam mustard. Just put a squeeze top on them and good to go. I think there’s a lot of potential in the pop home line that I would love to see happen.

And while we’re on the subject of cool stuff I’d like to see, where’s my Funko brand candies and chocolates. Anyone who has been to the past two nyc fdo’s would know I have a love for chocolate and candies. While doing solid chocolate figures would probably be cost prohibitive, why not have some of the flat ones or hollow ones. Think of every stupid chocolate bunny you’ve seen for Easter and then picture it as a high quality chocolate Freddy. Ever had a Reese’s egg or pumpkin or Christmas tree , Funko crowns. You know how many Funko crown Reese’s i would eat. A disgusting amount. How about some crowns and little Freddy dorbz as gummies like haribo. The gummy smurfs that haribo makes are wicked good. The cereal is something that gives me hope that maybe we will see some more Funko food products and I really do hope for more. I could see a whole line of throwback novelty candy that would fit in with funkos image. Little Freddy wax bottles and stuff.
Lastly and just hear me out on this one... I referenced the pop home salt and pepper shakers at the start of this. I know a lot of people use table salt and ground black pepper in that kind of shaker, I also know a lot of people who wear shorts and a hoody in New England winter. What I’d really like to see is a Freddy dorbz where the head actually spins and they are salt and pepper mills so we can grind our salt and pepper like it was meant to be. The design actually lends itself perfectly. If this happens please partner with Jacobson salt out of Oregon. The only old school hand harvested sea salt in the USA. They’re salt is awesome and they’re like right there.

Anyway just some rambling thoughts I had while I was cussing trying to clean out my damn venom pop mug. Anyone else got some ideas please feel free to throw your hat in the ring.

Mos_Eisley

Re: Pop home needs some love and Funko candy should be a thing

Postby Mos_Eisley » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:48 pm

I don’t think the home line did/does very well. I’m not really sure if it’s even still an existing line. While I love Funko and their products, I don’t have any interest in having general household goods around my place with their logo, Freddy, or anything else. They make collectible toys and that’s what they’re good at. I don’t believe it’s yet at the level of Disney where a lot of people think it’s cool to have all types of their items throughout their house.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:51 pm

I would love to have cookie cutters! I thought the Olaf one they did was super cute and hope they come out with more in future boxes or in the Funko shop.

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:06 pm

They made some cookie cutters around Christmas. They’re not my thing, but Funko should definitely make more. I’d personally like to see some ice-trays if the Pop! Home line continues to go on.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:43 am

U have a great idea,with the candy and now with funko bringing back pez, we might be seeing more candy on the horizon, with funko diversifying I don't see why not expand on their brand into funko home, they are testing the waters with the subscription boxes
:freddy3:

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:10 pm

I would love to see Funko crown cookie cutters! They would be simple but really fun to use. I could definitely see Funko gummy candies being a thing in the future. Even if it’s only sold at places like HT, Box Lunch and HQ where pops are popular sellers. If they ever made Reese’s crowns I would go into a diabetic coma lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Return to “Other Funko Products”