Freddy Funko Displays

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Boymom4

Re: Freddy Funko Displays

Postby Boymom4 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:26 pm

I also own the 36" Freddy (toys r us display). I frequently visited the store, of course looking at the Pop section and when I found out the store might be closing, I mentioned to the manager how I would really love the chance to own the Freddy if it was being sold. The weeks following I saw many posts on social media how people were just given the displays for free and in some cases even went to multiple stores and got several. I also saw how some people were being denied the display or had to purchase it anywhere from $100 upwards to $1000. I happened to be in the store and ran into the manager again and he said if I was still interested maybe we could work something out. He also mentioned that a lot of people were coming into the store and also trying to get the display, so at that point I knew it was gonna cost me and I wasn't going to be just handed the display. I told him of course I was interested and what was it going to cost me. After a long pause...he said make me an offer, which I said $300 which I thought was not too cheap but not crazy either. He said you know they are going for a lot on Ebay right (awkward silence as I'm trying to figure out what to say) Yeah I know, but I'm not paying ebay prices, so what's it going to take to walk away with it? He accepted $400 and I walked away with my Freddy statue. I collect Freddy pops, wobblers, etc so having this display as the centerpiece of my collection is pretty awesome. I don't know how people lucked out and walked away without paying a dime, but regardless I feel pretty lucky to be one of the ones that ended up getting one. The freddy statue is definitely one of my most prized possessions :)

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Sun May 19, 2019 11:44 am

Boymom4 wrote:I also own the 36" Freddy (toys r us display). I frequently visited the store, of course looking at the Pop section and when I found out the store might be closing, I mentioned to the manager how I would really love the chance to own the Freddy if it was being sold. The weeks following I saw many posts on social media how people were just given the displays for free and in some cases even went to multiple stores and got several. I also saw how some people were being denied the display or had to purchase it anywhere from $100 upwards to $1000. I happened to be in the store and ran into the manager again and he said if I was still interested maybe we could work something out. He also mentioned that a lot of people were coming into the store and also trying to get the display, so at that point I knew it was gonna cost me and I wasn't going to be just handed the display. I told him of course I was interested and what was it going to cost me. After a long pause...he said make me an offer, which I said $300 which I thought was not too cheap but not crazy either. He said you know they are going for a lot on Ebay right (awkward silence as I'm trying to figure out what to say) Yeah I know, but I'm not paying ebay prices, so what's it going to take to walk away with it? He accepted $400 and I walked away with my Freddy statue. I collect Freddy pops, wobblers, etc so having this display as the centerpiece of my collection is pretty awesome. I don't know how people lucked out and walked away without paying a dime, but regardless I feel pretty lucky to be one of the ones that ended up getting one. The freddy statue is definitely one of my most prized possessions :)

Awesome story. Really good deal and I am sure he rather sell it to someone who actually supported the store, not someone looking to be a vulture.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Toronto wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:I also own the 36" Freddy (toys r us display). I frequently visited the store, of course looking at the Pop section and when I found out the store might be closing, I mentioned to the manager how I would really love the chance to own the Freddy if it was being sold. The weeks following I saw many posts on social media how people were just given the displays for free and in some cases even went to multiple stores and got several. I also saw how some people were being denied the display or had to purchase it anywhere from $100 upwards to $1000. I happened to be in the store and ran into the manager again and he said if I was still interested maybe we could work something out. He also mentioned that a lot of people were coming into the store and also trying to get the display, so at that point I knew it was gonna cost me and I wasn't going to be just handed the display. I told him of course I was interested and what was it going to cost me. After a long pause...he said make me an offer, which I said $300 which I thought was not too cheap but not crazy either. He said you know they are going for a lot on Ebay right (awkward silence as I'm trying to figure out what to say) Yeah I know, but I'm not paying ebay prices, so what's it going to take to walk away with it? He accepted $400 and I walked away with my Freddy statue. I collect Freddy pops, wobblers, etc so having this display as the centerpiece of my collection is pretty awesome. I don't know how people lucked out and walked away without paying a dime, but regardless I feel pretty lucky to be one of the ones that ended up getting one. The freddy statue is definitely one of my most prized possessions :)

Awesome story. Really good deal and I am sure he rather sell it to someone who actually supported the store, not someone looking to be a vulture.

Yeah, I was extremely grateful that he waited to see me again and didn't just sell it. Also I guess the fact that I usually stopped in once a week for several years before finding out about the store closing certainly didn't hurt lol

Return to “Other Funko Products”