36 Inch Freddys

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
LakerNation1216

36 Inch Freddys

Postby LakerNation1216 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:48 pm

What happened to these 36 inch Freddy's and anyone know the value of them? Was interested in buying some, thanks!
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,674

Updated 5-23-19

Laker Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

tim_the_bearded

Re: 36 Inch Freddys

Postby tim_the_bearded » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Are you talking about the ones from Toy"R"Us? As far as I know it was left up to the stores. Now that they're closed either someone owns them or they were tossed in the garbage.

There was a lot of confusion about it but most were either given away or sold to individuals who asked for them in the stores or were taken by employees. Some managers argued they needed to be returned to Funko but that wasn't the case so eventually they let them go to someone. A few sold for ~$2000 during the initial scramble, now it looks like a few have sold for ~$1300 and there are a few listed at $900 on ebay at the moment.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:28 pm

tim_the_bearded wrote:Are you talking about the ones from Toy"R"Us? As far as I know it was left up to the stores. Now that they're closed either someone owns them or they were tossed in the garbage.

There was a lot of confusion about it but most were either given away or sold to individuals who asked for them in the stores or were taken by employees. Some managers argued they needed to be returned to Funko but that wasn't the case so eventually they let them go to someone. A few sold for ~$2000 during the initial scramble, now it looks like a few have sold for ~$1300 and there are a few listed at $900 on ebay at the moment.

I tried to get the one from our Toys R Us, but that was the excuse the manager kept telling me was he had to return it to Funko. One of the other employees actually told me to keep asking because he said the manager told him he was just saying that to get people to stop asking haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! ***If you happen to be attending SDCC and think you can/would be willing to grab the Power Ranger action figures for me, slide on over into my DMs... we can work something out :D ***

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:30 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
tim_the_bearded wrote:Are you talking about the ones from Toy"R"Us? As far as I know it was left up to the stores. Now that they're closed either someone owns them or they were tossed in the garbage.

I tried to get the one from our Toys R Us, but that was the excuse the manager kept telling me was he had to return it to Funko. One of the other employees actually told me to keep asking because he said the manager told him he was just saying that to get people to stop asking haha

Same thing happen to me and one day it was gone. Manager stated it was stolen. yeah, ok...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:32 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Same thing happen to me and one day it was gone. Manager stated it was stolen. yeah, ok...

yeah... can't really pocket one of those haha lol
Hi! I'm Dustin! ***If you happen to be attending SDCC and think you can/would be willing to grab the Power Ranger action figures for me, slide on over into my DMs... we can work something out :D ***

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:13 am

I think the last run of 36 in Freddys were made for fundays about 3 years ago. It was the avengers run if I'm not mistaken. They are awesome (I owed a 36in Thor) but equally take up alot of space lol
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:52 am

I asked to be put on a list to recieve a call when my store closed. I actually got that call.....he said it would cost 2k if I wanted to buy it. I told him I thought that was a little high and he hung up on me. lol [-X :mad:
Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt
Funklub Member #11440
Great Plains Funko Fiends Prospect

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:59 am

supertoygiant wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Stolen?! Who can just walk away with a 36" Freddy lol. Sounds like an employee or manager took it for themselves. I was lucky enough to get one, but it definitely cost me and was not "free" as some people claimed that got theirs for nothing. I even saw one person one Instagram that managed to get 2 for "free" from 2 different toys r us stores.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am

mrchadv wrote:I asked to be put on a list to recieve a call when my store closed. I actually got that call.....he said it would cost 2k if I wanted to buy it. I told him I thought that was a little high and he hung up on me. lol [-X :mad:

Wowzers...$2000 is a bit steep. I was extremely fortunate to get one and paid $400, which isn't cheap or free like some people got lucky, but I guess all in all a heck of a lot better than 2 grand. Seriously, though love my Freddy and I'm grateful I have him in my collection.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
mrchadv wrote:I asked to be put on a list to recieve a call when my store closed. I actually got that call.....he said it would cost 2k if I wanted to buy it. I told him I thought that was a little high and he hung up on me. lol [-X :mad:

Wowzers...$2000 is a bit steep. I was extremely fortunate to get one and paid $400, which isn't cheap or free like some people got lucky, but I guess all in all a heck of a lot better than 2 grand. Seriously, though love my Freddy and I'm grateful I have him in my collection.

I agree, 2k for a one is more than I'd pay...but to each his own I suppose
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:17 pm

I toweled be cool to see some Retro Freddys return! Maybe even a Thanos or Big Boy!
Hey everybody, I'm Austin! :hello2:
I love collecting, drawing, and putting smiles on people’s faces!

Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
ISO- Vintage Rusted Mickey Mouse Hikari, Skeletor Retro Freddy, and Flocked Snowy Bigfoot! Please help me find them!

Return to “Other Funko Products”