Pocket Pop Keychain

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Pocket Pop Keychain

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:30 am

I found this display for the PPK at local target and brought it home. I had never seen one before. Anyone know where I can find more?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am

supertoygiant wrote:I found this display for the PPK at local target and brought it home. I had never seen one before. Anyone know where I can find more?

That does look quite cool...I would be interested too, if anyone knows where we might be able to find more!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:54 pm

one of my PPK broke. I need a new one.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:05 pm

I want a Bone daddy key chain!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 pm

nightbodega wrote:one of my PPK broke. I need a new one.

Which one broke and how did it break?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:05 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:one of my PPK broke. I need a new one.

Which one broke and how did it break?

My Hulk (Avengers Age of Ultron) broke a fist off. I think my bottle opener cut through it, after it had so much pressure on it when I was sitting.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 pm

supertoygiant wrote:I found this display for the PPK at local target and brought it home. I had never seen one before. Anyone know where I can find more?

I've never seen the Hulkbuster PPK in person. Looks amazing. Where did you pick it up?

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:22 pm

nightbodega wrote:

I've never seen the Hulkbuster PPK in person. Looks amazing. Where did you pick it up?

I found it at BOX LUNCH.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:44 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I found it at BOX LUNCH.

Thank you

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:29 am

Have you ever taken the Hulkbuster OOB? I'm curious as to how they managed to make that small keychain into a bobble-head?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:32 am

jjb11590 wrote:

Have you ever taken the Hulkbuster OOB? I'm curious as to how they managed to make that small keychain into a bobble-head?

No I haven't, But I do it later when I get home and let you know. :-k

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:34 am

supertoygiant wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate it. Looking forward to it! :cool:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:01 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Made a short video to show you that it does bob. It has a peg instead of a spring that is semi-flexible and that makes it a bobble head. lol lol lol

https://imgur.com/a/hoARZDG

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:48 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Made a short video to show you that it does bob. It has a peg instead of a spring that is semi-flexible and that makes it a bobble head. lol lol lol

Thanks for the video. I was wondering that. Looks like too much pressure and you would break his head off.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Whoa! Thanks for the video! That’s awesome and definitely answers my question exactly.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

AkariK

Postby AkariK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Do PPKs get new waves of reprints? I missed the Deku one and haven't seen it around at all.

Also, for ones I display oob, I definitely take out the keychain part.

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:37 pm

AkariK wrote:Do PPKs get new waves of reprints? I missed the Deku one and haven't seen it around at all.

Also, for ones I display oob, I definitely take out the keychain part.

Most do, as far as I'm aware. You just need to keep looking.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:15 pm

I just picked the new Flocked Hedwig PPK, so totally cute
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 am

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:I just picked the new Flocked Hedwig PPK, so totally cute

That one is pretty awesome!!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:41 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
I've taken a few off of the key chains/eye hooks and 'some' are too top heavy so I'm really curious as to what may be used secure them down wiothout making then seem STUCK (if that makes sense.

For those that have done something similar before, any pictures or suggetsions here?
Thanks!

Perhaps a small amount of quake hold?
I agree, displaying them can be difficult. I have a lot of PPKs and I took them all OOB for the Funky Hundo. I made lei type necklaces with PPKs in the place of flowers..they turned out neat! I have been too lazy to dismantle the necklaces (about 40 PPKs were used), so they are hanging on coat hooks lol

Ah HA, Quake Hold...The Museum Putty (I had no idea what that was. I needed to look that up); looks perfect though. I just added some to my Amazon cart. Cool! I'll have to experiment with that too. Great suggestion. Thanks!!!

A-OK - Have you used Quake Hold before? I finally ordered/received it from Amazon not too long ago and started experimenting with it; Are there any tricks to ensure it work properly? I know that sounds silly...I mean its putty...but I tried putting one in my car and it held for a bit and then fell off/over. I wasn't driving crazy or anything. I even cleaned the area first...thoughts?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:41 pm

I display mine in-box but if I want to wear it I just buy a duplicate. Sadly they get so scratched up after awhile. Wish there was something I could put over the paint to protect it!

My favorite PPK at the moment is Funhouse Pennywise!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:I want a Bone daddy key chain!

Add me to that list. He is so cool, as a key chain would be epic.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:03 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I display mine in-box but if I want to wear it I just buy a duplicate. Sadly they get so scratched up after awhile. Wish there was something I could put over the paint to protect it!

Shocker lol

...so that Freddy mini I got from you and one of my Batman PPK's...totally fell off (while using the museum putty), so I may want to figure out an alternative to display in my car (although I actually ordered another car yesterday lol). They looked so awesome before they fell :rolleyes:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:24 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I display mine in-box but if I want to wear it I just buy a duplicate. Sadly they get so scratched up after awhile. Wish there was something I could put over the paint to protect it!

Shocker lol

...so that Freddy mini I got from you and one of my Batman PPK's...totally fell off (while using the museum putty), so I may want to figure out an alternative to display in my car (although I actually ordered another car yesterday lol). They looked so awesome before they fell :rolleyes:

Awww dang! I suggest using 3M VHB tape. That stuff is STRONG. I used it to put a baby Groot and Pennywise Mystery Mini on my dash and they've been fine for about a year.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Shocker lol

Awww dang! I suggest using 3M VHB tape. That stuff is STRONG. I used it to put a baby Groot and Pennywise Mystery Mini on my dash and they've been fine for about a year.

Thanks for the suggestion; added to Amazon cart :freddy3:
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:13 am

jjb11590 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
A-Okay wrote:
Perhaps a small amount of quake hold?
I agree, displaying them can be difficult. I have a lot of PPKs and I took them all OOB for the Funky Hundo. I made lei type necklaces with PPKs in the place of flowers..they turned out neat! I have been too lazy to dismantle the necklaces (about 40 PPKs were used), so they are hanging on coat hooks lol

Ah HA, Quake Hold...The Museum Putty (I had no idea what that was. I needed to look that up); looks perfect though. I just added some to my Amazon cart. Cool! I'll have to experiment with that too. Great suggestion. Thanks!!!

A-OK - Have you used Quake Hold before? I finally ordered/received it from Amazon not too long ago and started experimenting with it; Are there any tricks to ensure it work properly? I know that sounds silly...I mean its putty...but I tried putting one in my car and it held for a bit and then fell off/over. I wasn't driving crazy or anything. I even cleaned the area first...thoughts?

I have only used it "indoors" for statues in the house... I wonder if the fluctuations in temperature in your car especially in the Summer are a factor?
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:16 pm

A-Okay wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I have only used it "indoors" for statues in the house... I wonder if the fluctuations in temperature in your car especially in the Summer are a factor?

The temp could definitely be a factor; but what was weird is that it didn't seem 'extra' pliable after, but I would agree that's probably what happened.
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 am

is there somewhere i could look up what kind of PPKs there are? i'm interested in DC, marvel and horror---i'd be taking them OOB to use as ornaments on my Xmas tree this year. i have a justice league batman and cyborg already, but i need waaaayyyyy more.
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 am

I wish my PPK had longer lifespans :( They usually don't last me too long.
Pretty excited for the new My Hero PPKs that are coming out.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:22 am

I can’t wait to get the haunted mansion pocket pops when they come out.

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:37 pm

nogimmick wrote:is there somewhere i could look up what kind of PPKs there are? i'm interested in DC, marvel and horror---i'd be taking them OOB to use as ornaments on my Xmas tree this year. i have a justice league batman and cyborg already, but i need waaaayyyyy more.

I would recommend using the Funko app and filtering based off of 'Pop! Keychain' It looks like there are currently 444 (as of right now). You could also use the filters to help narrow your search.
Hope that helps!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:I wish my PPK had longer lifespans :( They usually don't last me too long.

Totally! Can't wait that that GITD All Might!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Funko_boy13 wrote:I can’t wait to get the haunted mansion pocket pops when they come out.

They're awesome! I LOVE the color!...which one are you most excited about?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:31 pm

jjb11590 wrote:
Funko_boy13 wrote:I can’t wait to get the haunted mansion pocket pops when they come out.

The Ezra one has to be my favorite one. What about you what’s your favorite one.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:I wish my PPK had longer lifespans :( They usually don't last me too long.

Do you have Deku and Bakugo? I'm thinking of taking mine off the keychain and standing them all up with my OOB display haha
Or rock one on my keys and get another to display lol
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:06 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

The Ezra one has to be my favorite one. What about you what’s your favorite one.

Of those 3, the Ezra, by far! Love that smile!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:12 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

Do you have Deku and Bakugo? I'm thinking of taking mine off the keychain and standing them all up with my OOB display haha

I'm on the hunt for them, especially that Bakugo.
I've been having that idea too, even trying to display some in my car. Somewhere up in this thread, there were suggestions for Quake Hold (Museum putty) and 3M VHB Tape (which I literally just received from Amazon yesterday - so haven't tested it out yet.
I remember someone on the boards talking about the same thing, they referred to it as "One to Rock & One to Stock'' \:D/
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:10 am

jjb11590 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
jjb11590 wrote:

I'm on the hunt for them, especially that Bakugo.
I've been having that idea too, even trying to display some in my car. Somewhere up in this thread, there were suggestions for Quake Hold (Museum putty) and 3M VHB Tape (which I literally just received from Amazon yesterday - so haven't tested it out yet.
I remember someone on the boards talking about the same thing, they referred to it as "One to Rock & One to Stock'' \:D/

Yeah with those little guys we would need some museum putty. I know I have some from a while back.. I just hope it hasn't hardened by now lol
And exactly! One to rock, one to stock :glasses2:

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:13 am

Lexi wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:I want a Bone daddy key chain!

Add me to that list. He is so cool, as a key chain would be epic.

Oh me x3. And hopefully it will be gitd!
ImageImage

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:38 am

I love a pink t-bone key chain!!!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

Return to “Other Funko Products”