Funko verse board game.

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Funko verse board game.

Postby Valde » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:12 am

Looks like it’s debuting at Gen Con, I’m loving the DC and Rick and Morty boards.

Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Bigchawn64

Re: Funko verse board game.

Postby Bigchawn64 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:16 am

I'd be interested if it was a theme I liked. My friend will probably get the HP version, so I'll play his lol

Valde wrote:Looks like it’s debuting at Gen Con, I’m loving the DC and Rick and Morty boards.

@bigchawn64 on IG

:freddy2:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:05 pm

The HP game looked great, so ATM I'm leaning towards that one.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

TOTTUCF

Postby TOTTUCF » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Interested in it but waiting for a theme I'm interested in. Marvel or Anime. Cant wait to play!
Collector since '16

Funko Collection Count: 204

Find Me on Instagram @tottspops

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:05 pm

TOTTUCF wrote:Interested in it but waiting for a theme I'm interested in. Marvel or Anime. Cant wait to play!

Anime would be a great theme!...but so many awesome characters/setting to pick from. What would be your top 3 if Funko every made an anime theme?
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:29 pm

I love that shirt and 100% will need to add it to my closet.

I am also eager to add at least one of the games to game night.
- tauntaunking on instagram

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:35 pm

I had an opportunity to meet and chat with one of the employees Forrest-Pruzan Creative LLC (FPC). She was working Fundays and was super impressed with everything Funko was bringing to the table and it sounded like a well received merger. Plus, she gave me her yellow freaky tiki fundays shirt as the night was ending (she changed out of it earlier....pervs).

Always cool to see the brand expand!

Nick IG: collector.badger

matrixman9

Postby matrixman9 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:48 pm

im really curious to play these, probably going to get the harry potter one when it comes out.

PopNoggles

Postby PopNoggles » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Some friends are going... showed them those pictures and told them to try the game for me! That shirt is awesome!
ImageImage

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:08 pm

I cant wait til these come out!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:11 pm

excited for this.. i also need that funkoverse pin :D someboddyyy welp
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

athena

Postby athena » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Looks interesting. Definitely excited to play
Funko Bae [IG @funkobae]

ppfrnndz

Postby ppfrnndz » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:03 am

matrixman9 wrote:im really curious to play these, probably going to get the harry potter one when it comes out.

I think I am going to get them all. lol
I ❤️ Movies / Wedding Photographer / I Shoot Weddings / Beer Person / Congee Lover / Toy Collector / PS4 Enthusiast / Potterhead / NBA Fan

ckjohns85

Postby ckjohns85 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:04 am

We aren't able to go to GenCon but luckily I have some friends that are!! You have to first sign up for a demo, and then you get a chance to purchase the game. So for those going, make sure you look into that!! I can't wait to play it! :)
Colette :cat:

Fundays 2019 second place hula contest!

Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:28 am

Anyone have any insight about the concept of the game? From the pics it looks interesting.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

shanemm

Postby shanemm » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:04 am

No idea how this game is going to be played but I have no doubt it will be a huge hit of course

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:23 am

shanemm wrote:No idea how this game is going to be played but I have no doubt it will be a huge hit of course

I'm sure plenty will buy it just for the player pieces.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:56 pm

In line with this release, did you know that Funko has already released a table-top game before this one? It's called Throwdown Battle Game starring Batman and Joker. It was released back in 2013. :D

Anybody else here knows this? :)

Moving back to the topic, can't wait for the Funkoverse DC boardgame, will defenitely try to get that one. :D

Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

M3lonhead

Postby M3lonhead » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:32 am

Love board games. Really curious as to how this will be played.
ImageImage

Mr_Conejo

Postby Mr_Conejo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:29 am

Definitely will be getting the DC game
This is the beginning to a beautiful community friendship.
Hello my name is Juan
Fun Klub member #14088

SDCC 15,16,17,18,19,22,23
Fundays 15,16,17,18,19,22,23

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:38 am

lavery01 wrote:Anyone have any insight about the concept of the game? From the pics it looks interesting.

I'm not sure there are any concept leaks yet, but based on current trends for board games.. I can kind of speculate for ya!

Looks like 1 set of dice with 3 markings? Shields, Bangs, and !!!. I imagine you need to roll X many shields or X many Bang icons to do something... possible that the !!! are automatic failures or catastrophic events when rolling.

It also looks like each character has a stat card, so I'm sure there will be unique abilities for each figure. Batgirl has a Batarang equip card, so I wonder if you randomly find those in game, or roll for them before the game.

My guess based on the layout of the board is that each player will have a specific mission they draw from and need to complete... the fact that there are good+evil pieces (at least for the batman game shown), I bet we'll see it as a possible soft team vs team game where the villians try to accomplish a goal and the heroes stop them and have additional goals that can earn them points. Maybe play with the most points is the overall winner, but good or evil might also be "triumpant"

It only shows one board, so it could also be a dungeon exploration game, which is super popular right now.... creating a map before or during play so your character has to traverse a world of sorts.

Either way, this is A LOT more exciting than what I had originally imagined (funko themed Monopoly... lol), so hopefully we'll see a lot more fandoms!

EDIT:

Upon further inspection.. Batgirl is in a "knocked out character" zone hinting to fighting between characters and there are Gems on the board... maybe the game has multiple missions you need to complete (IE: Star Wars Imperial Assault) over a long campaign. The current setup maybe being "heroes stop the villains from gaining X many gems"

The knocked out character place card has number sections, maybe after so many turns your hero becomes active again so long as your team mate is alive?
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:23 am

Funkoverse, I dig the namesake.
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:21 am

This looks really cool! Hoping for more licenses.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

spidex

Postby spidex » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:58 am

Can’t wait to get it and have a gathering with my fellow Funatics n have a great time!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:56 am

Definitely an interesting concept. I know I'll give the DC version a shot...gives us an alternative to Monopoly right? Lol

Funkastian

Postby Funkastian » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:44 am

I think I'll have to go for the Rick and Morty version and wait to see other versions of the 4 player.
:freddy3:
750 Pops
50 Dorbz
12 Tiny Ghosts

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:12 am

Looks so great!!!

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 am

Can’t wait for the HP one!

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:12 am

Yassiefay4 wrote:Can’t wait for the HP one!

Going to have to grab that one for my wife.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:17 am

Probably going to get the DC one and may have to get the HP one too.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

KryptonianRed

Postby KryptonianRed » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Huge DC, and boardgames fan. I’m interested to see how they turn out

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Anyone have any insight about the concept of the game? From the pics it looks interesting.

I'm not sure there are any concept leaks yet, but based on current trends for board games.. I can kind of speculate for ya!

Looks like 1 set of dice with 3 markings? Shields, Bangs, and !!!. I imagine you need to roll X many shields or X many Bang icons to do something... possible that the !!! are automatic failures or catastrophic events when rolling.

It also looks like each character has a stat card, so I'm sure there will be unique abilities for each figure. Batgirl has a Batarang equip card, so I wonder if you randomly find those in game, or roll for them before the game.

My guess based on the layout of the board is that each player will have a specific mission they draw from and need to complete... the fact that there are good+evil pieces (at least for the batman game shown), I bet we'll see it as a possible soft team vs team game where the villians try to accomplish a goal and the heroes stop them and have additional goals that can earn them points. Maybe play with the most points is the overall winner, but good or evil might also be "triumpant"

It only shows one board, so it could also be a dungeon exploration game, which is super popular right now.... creating a map before or during play so your character has to traverse a world of sorts.

Either way, this is A LOT more exciting than what I had originally imagined (funko themed Monopoly... lol), so hopefully we'll see a lot more fandoms!

EDIT:

Upon further inspection.. Batgirl is in a "knocked out character" zone hinting to fighting between characters and there are Gems on the board... maybe the game has multiple missions you need to complete (IE: Star Wars Imperial Assault) over a long campaign. The current setup maybe being "heroes stop the villains from gaining X many gems"

The knocked out character place card has number sections, maybe after so many turns your hero becomes active again so long as your team mate is alive?

Wow, Thanks for the insight. From all you explained I look forward to getting it, but I hope it’s not to complicated, we have a six year old that we love to play board games with. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:19 pm

I’m curious if this will catch on! I don’t want to get invested in something if if flames out.
:freddy1:

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Sarcasticguy wrote:

EDIT:

Wow, Thanks for the insight. From all you explained I look forward to getting it, but I hope it’s not to complicated, we have a six year old that we love to play board games with. lol

Take it all with a grain of salt though, haha.

Generally games like these are pretty simple to follow, you should be able to "game master" a 6 year old totally fine!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Typale

Postby Typale » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:54 pm

I just want that badass dragon shirt!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:34 pm

i wonder what the game rules are. extremely glad they didn't just to funko pop monopoly hahaha.
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:03 am

Valde wrote:Looks like it’s debuting at Gen Con, I’m loving the DC and Rick and Morty boards.

I am so pumped for these board games. I love board games, and I can't imagine how much fun these will be when they come out.
Collecting since 2014

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:

EDIT:

Great analysis, Scott! From this, Can I deduce that you play a lot of table top games? :D

But going back to the topic, really excited for this expansion into the table top game scene, this would only mean we get to do some Funkoverse Game Nights with our co-Funatics soon!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:03 am

I think this is a real cool concept. I’m excited for the DC and Rick and Morty boards and posters.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:48 pm

I can’t wait to get one of these and see what this is all about.

Return to “Other Funko Products”