Funko Button Pins

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
methodsmadness

Re: Funko Button Pins

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Chernabog wrote:Hope they keep doing the buttons for more cons, maybe next one will be at ECCC

I feel like they will, but THERE'S GOING TO BE SO MANY TO COLLECT! :eek: 8-[
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:55 pm

I like the added little hunt at cons for these. I know I won't be able to get them all since there's so many, but it's nice finds when you can. I still need the golden girls from SDCC though since I could never be at the right place at the right time for them

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:31 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
FunkoLoco wrote:i wonder if buttons will now be a constant part of Funko during conventions. i love em. <3

I wish I was one of the lucky people who got all pins from Funko lol. I saw Funko make 2 posts gifting all 50 buttons, one to a couple who proposed at the Funko booth. The other was to a Father and son, which I thought was cool. Hunting all 50 buttons would be a pain, but at least NYCC had most of them at the Funko booth. I wonder how they distributed the buttons, can anybody who went through the booth at NYCC answer this?

At SDCC, they just let you pick up a button after purchase. Depends on the staff. Sometimes they let you pick 1-2, sometimes, as many as you want. Case to case basis really. Got lucky at sdcc as i was able to grab a couple. Did not want to abuse it so i only got the ones i needed. :)
ImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:59 am

Curious if anyone got buttons at NYCC and was it as hard to get as SDCC?

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:10 am

Man SDCC buttons were a headache. Especially the Avengers buttons. No one knew any info on them and they didn't even show up at the con. That sucked :(

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:12 am

Sonic77 wrote:Curious if anyone got buttons at NYCC and was it as hard to get as SDCC?

It was more of a headache. The SW buttons you had to check every hour because they ran out and needed to wait for the next people on the clock to show up with new inventory.

randig

Postby randig » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:14 am

Hope everyone got the pins they wanted, the sets they gave away in those cases were stunning!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 pm

I had a friend try and get a Hello Kitty but he said they ran out within minutes of opening. :(
It’s me Lynda

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 pm

randig wrote:Hope everyone got the pins they wanted, the sets they gave away in those cases were stunning!

Right?! I wonder how many they had and when they prepared them! So awesome of Funko. It's a great idea!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Simplypink wrote:Man SDCC buttons were a headache. Especially the Avengers buttons. No one knew any info on them and they didn't even show up at the con. That sucked :(

I wonder where they are now :-k Poor Marvel collectors. I would go insane!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:06 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
Chernabog wrote:Hope they keep doing the buttons for more cons, maybe next one will be at ECCC

I feel like they will, but THERE'S GOING TO BE SO MANY TO COLLECT! :eek: 8-[

I hope they're all green! :D

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Can you imagine if they continue to give out 50 different buttons at every con? There will be hundreds of them in just a few short years!
Maybe that will drive the prices down on ebay for those trying to collect on the secondary market...

mactds

Postby mactds » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm

It's a fun little addition to a con to try to get your favorite. The framed versions of all 50 though!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:57 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:Man SDCC buttons were a headache. Especially the Avengers buttons. No one knew any info on them and they didn't even show up at the con. That sucked :(

There was one day I spend most of the con looking for those buttons..... Super salty about it lol.

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:26 am

methodsmadness wrote:Can you imagine if they continue to give out 50 different buttons at every con? There will be hundreds of them in just a few short years!
Maybe that will drive the prices down on ebay for those trying to collect on the secondary market...

Man that would be a mission to get all the pins for each con. I like that idea tho. Have a little fun at the con searching for the buttons. That only issue is the booths volunteers don't know exactly what you're talking about when asking for them. Need to have the picture on hand to show them. That was key during SDCC lol.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:33 am

I tried for some buttons but only ended up getting some Office ones. It was a lot of fun searching for them though!
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:39 am

Simplypink wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:

There was one day I spend most of the con looking for those buttons..... Super salty about it lol.

OOF that's a bummer :( I hate wasting time at a con!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:46 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I wonder where they are now :-k Poor Marvel collectors. I would go insane!

Saw someone post that a buddy they knew was able to hunt down all 50 buttons. They said it was much more difficult then trying to hunt down exclusives in general lol. I only want the Toxic Rick and Morty buttons, but only one set went up for sale on ebay :(

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

Saw someone post that a buddy they knew was able to hunt down all 50 buttons. They said it was much more difficult then trying to hunt down exclusives in general lol. I only want the Toxic Rick and Morty buttons, but only one set went up for sale on ebay :(

if it was easy to get all 50 it wouldn't be fun! :freddy2:

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:16 am

Since I was there at sdcc 2019 when they first did the scavenger hunt, I got a handful of buttons that Funko gave me and didn’t try to “hunt” for others unlike some buddies of mine. Since it’s clear they plan to continue the Bhuttons like they did at NYCC, I can see this becoming more popular which likely will result in some employee protocol that wasn’t there before (requiring a purchase) rather than giving it out to everyone who asks
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 pm

masteryoda69 wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:Can you imagine if they continue to give out 50 different buttons at every con? There will be hundreds of them in just a few short years!

Man that would be a mission to get all the pins for each con. I like that idea tho. Have a little fun at the con searching for the buttons. That only issue is the booths volunteers don't know exactly what you're talking about when asking for them. Need to have the picture on hand to show them. That was key during SDCC lol.

Oooooh good tip!

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:13 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:Since I was there at sdcc 2019 when they first did the scavenger hunt, I got a handful of buttons that Funko gave me and didn’t try to “hunt” for others unlike some buddies of mine. Since it’s clear they plan to continue the Bhuttons like they did at NYCC, I can see this becoming more popular which likely will result in some employee protocol that wasn’t there before (requiring a purchase) rather than giving it out to everyone who asks

I get that it would make sense to only get one with a purchase, but I did love the possibility of swooping in, getting a button, then on to the next stop without have to wait in a LONG line for a purchase.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:Since I was there at sdcc 2019 when they first did the scavenger hunt, I got a handful of buttons that Funko gave me and didn’t try to “hunt” for others unlike some buddies of mine. Since it’s clear they plan to continue the Bhuttons like they did at NYCC, I can see this becoming more popular which likely will result in some employee protocol that wasn’t there before (requiring a purchase) rather than giving it out to everyone who asks

I get that it would make sense to only get one with a purchase, but I did love the possibility of swooping in, getting a button, then on to the next stop without have to wait in a LONG line for a purchase.[/quote

I totally agree with you on that but in the example of Funko, unless you had a lottery ticket, there was no way you would be close enough to ask the staff for the free buttons by "swooping" them in. And if you were a buyer and waited in line for an hour to buy stuff and also wanted the free buttons, i'm sure you would be disappointed if they were all gone by all the "non-purchasers" ](*,)
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:11 pm

the idea of a hunt within a con is fun, but as most con goers can attest - time is critical as it is.

again i love the entire concept but for attendees like myself, ebay is going to work just fine for any buttons i consider a 'must have'. :cheers:

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:55 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:

I get that it would make sense to only get one with a purchase, but I did love the possibility of swooping in, getting a button, then on to the next stop without have to wait in a LONG line for a purchase.

I totally agree with you on that but in the example of Funko, unless you had a lottery ticket, there was no way you would be close enough to ask the staff for the free buttons by "swooping" them in. And if you were a buyer and waited in line for an hour to buy stuff and also wanted the free buttons, i'm sure you would be disappointed if they were all gone by all the "non-purchasers" ](*,)

By swoop in, I meant the other vendors who had them to give away (Star Wars, Nickelodeon, etc).
Without a lottery slot to get into the Funko booth, there's no way to even get a button handed out from them (right?).

masteryoda69

Postby masteryoda69 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
masteryoda69 wrote:

Oooooh good tip!

A lot of the good ones are only handed out at the Funko booth and only if you have a lotto with them... Kind of sucks haha

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

the idea of a hunt within a con is fun, but as most con goers can attest - time is critical as it is.

again i love the entire concept but for attendees like myself, ebay is going to work just fine for any buttons i consider a 'must have'. :cheers:

There is so much going on at the big cons that a hunt is very challenging, at a smaller con like WC or ECCC a hunt could be fun.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:01 pm

I’m still missing the office ones!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:22 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I wonder where they are now :-k Poor Marvel collectors. I would go insane!

I was determined to get all the buttons. Also was a downer knowing that a lot were given at the Funko booth only after purchasing from them :(

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

What! How is that possible!?!?!? I could not find any of the Avengers buttons to save my life lol.

Simplypink

Postby Simplypink » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 am

mongoose12 wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:OOF that's a bummer :( I hate wasting time at a con!

if it was easy to get all 50 it wouldn't be fun! :freddy2:

Fun and frustrating at the same time lol lol lol

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 am

partner-in-crime wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

There is so much going on at the big cons that a hunt is very challenging, at a smaller con like WC or ECCC a hunt could be fun.

Totally agree, it's very easy to get distracted at the bigger Cons with panels, exclusives, and signings. The walk from booth to booth through all the layers of people make it that much harder to hunt for the buttons especially when the vendors are only given so many to giveaway. With 2 Cons having buttons so far I'm curious if this is something we should expect for all bigger future Cons.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:17 am

Sonic77 wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Totally agree, it's very easy to get distracted at the bigger Cons with panels, exclusives, and signings. The walk from booth to booth through all the layers of people make it that much harder to hunt for the buttons especially when the vendors are only given so many to giveaway. With 2 Cons having buttons so far I'm curious if this is something we should expect for all bigger future Cons.

I'd assume it's it'll happen at SDCC, NYCC & ECCC.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:33 am

Simplypink wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

I was determined to get all the buttons. Also was a downer knowing that a lot were given at the Funko booth only after purchasing from them :(

Only after purchasing from them? That's interesting. To my knowledge you could just swing buy and they gave you one even if you didn't get in the Funko booth.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:34 am

Simplypink wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

What! How is that possible!?!?!? I could not find any of the Avengers buttons to save my life lol.

I'm wondering the same thing. I thought the Marvel pins didn't even get to the con!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:37 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing. I thought the Marvel pins didn't even get to the con!

No clue, but more power to the person for getting all 50. It was for NYCC by the way, and Funko did gift a couple complete sets to people at their booth... so kinda weird they didn't have all the buttons at the con as advertised.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

No clue, but more power to the person for getting all 50. It was for NYCC by the way, and Funko did gift a couple complete sets to people at their booth... so kinda weird they didn't have all the buttons at the con as advertised.

OHHHH! NYCC. Now that makes sense lol I thought you were talking about SDCC!

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:29 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

Only after purchasing from them? That's interesting. To my knowledge you could just swing buy and they gave you one even if you didn't get in the Funko booth.

WHOA - this is news.
I (it seems incorrectly) assumed that since I couldn't get into the booth, I couldn't get the buttons. I didn't think to just ask a Funko employee for some.

And at least for SDCC, security aggressively tells folks to move on and not linger - it can get pretty intense, making me think even more so that I couldn't just walk up and ask.

Did anyone who didn't have a time slot/entry to the Funko booth just walk up and ask?

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:40 pm

methodsmadness wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Simplypink wrote:

WHOA - this is news.
I (it seems incorrectly) assumed that since I couldn't get into the booth, I couldn't get the buttons. I didn't think to just ask a Funko employee for some.

And at least for SDCC, security aggressively tells folks to move on and not linger - it can get pretty intense, making me think even more so that I couldn't just walk up and ask.

Did anyone who didn't have a time slot/entry to the Funko booth just walk up and ask?

Yeah! I wish you knew so that you could've gotten some! Security was intimidating for sure, so I can see why you would be confused.

I didn't have the Funko booth, but I got a pin from there! It was a bit different, though. Since I was dressed as Pennywise, a booth worker offered me the "I'm a fan of Pennywise" button lol I know for sure that my friends who didn't have the booth either got pins as well :)

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:44 pm

At NYCC one day I got three buttons and my friend received one and then the next day I received a giant handful. It was very random.
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda