Funko Skate Deck Ideas

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
Beefsquatch

Funko Skate Deck Ideas

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:33 pm

I love all the different skate deck designs Funko has done and would love to one day own the Golden Girls and Big Lebowski deck. I’d also love them to do a Borderlands deck one day. What deck would you like to see Funko make next?
Joey
IG: _beefsquatch_ (Private)
IG: the_rougarou (Public)
Twitter: Joey (The Tall One) @__beefsquatch_

Image Image

mongoose12

Re: Funko Skate Deck Ideas

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Beefsquatch wrote:I love all the different skate deck designs Funko has done and would love to one day own the Golden Girls and Big Lebowski deck. I’d also love them to do a Borderlands deck one day. What deck would you like to see Funko make next?

A Motu skate deck would be cool... also a horror theme would be cool

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:01 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:I love all the different skate deck designs Funko has done and would love to one day own the Golden Girls and Big Lebowski deck. I’d also love them to do a Borderlands deck one day. What deck would you like to see Funko make next?

A Motu skate deck would be cool... also a horror theme would be cool

I know someone that would love a MOTU deck and a few that would like a Pennywise deck
Joey

Image Image

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:50 am

I'm sad I missed out on the Big Lebowski one, and the Freddy Ice Cream long board. I might have to check out eBay and see if I can score a deal on either of those. As far as new decks I'd like to see, definitely TMNT or Deadpool. For some reason those two are the ones that pop into my mind first.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:07 am

angrynate wrote:I'm sad I missed out on the Big Lebowski one, and the Freddy Ice Cream long board. I might have to check out eBay and see if I can score a deal on either of those. As far as new decks I'd like to see, definitely TMNT or Deadpool. For some reason those two are the ones that pop into my mind first.

Didn’t even think about TMNT. That would be perfect.
Joey

Image Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:41 am

I wish I knew how to skate so that I'd feel more comfortable buying these. And trust me, I've tried. I feel like a fake fan regardless lol

Anyways, that Jaws skate deck is the coolest thing I've ever seen. It's by far my favorite along side with the Freddy ice cream one.

I'd love to see Funko let the artists (especially those at Funko South that are primarily graphic designers and help design all the amazing graphic tee art) take over the skate decks. Let them play around with Freddy/Plastik art and if they can get some big licenses, they could play around with art of that too.

Great, this makes me want to draw Pennywise skateboarding now lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:01 pm

I think the Freddy Ice cream board is uniquely awesome. I would definitely be more in tuned to having Funko artist creative freedom to make more “Funko” theme decks that shows their artistry without worrying about licensing issues
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:20 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:I think the Freddy Ice cream board is uniquely awesome. I would definitely be more in tuned to having Funko artist creative freedom to make more “Funko” theme decks that shows their artistry without worrying about licensing issues

solid point and fantastic idea. =D> ray ftw!

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:26 pm

I love my Golden Girls deck. I’d be down for some more. Maybe The Simpsons or Fantastik Plastik.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:10 am

YeetGrimes wrote:I wish I knew how to skate so that I'd feel more comfortable buying these. And trust me, I've tried. I feel like a fake fan regardless lol

Anyways, that Jaws skate deck is the coolest thing I've ever seen. It's by far my favorite along side with the Freddy ice cream one.

I'd love to see Funko let the artists (especially those at Funko South that are primarily graphic designers and help design all the amazing graphic tee art) take over the skate decks. Let them play around with Freddy/Plastik art and if they can get some big licenses, they could play around with art of that too.

I’m sure there is a skate deck template you can download to design different stuff on. First Pennywise but second who/what?
Joey

Image Image

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:11 am

We need more Freddy skate decks.. I missed out before and I need another shot!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:12 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:I think the Freddy Ice cream board is uniquely awesome. I would definitely be more in tuned to having Funko artist creative freedom to make more “Funko” theme decks that shows their artistry without worrying about licensing issues

Love the idea of letting each artist doing a design of their own. Such a great variety to choose from!
Joey

Image Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:14 am

nerdandcheese wrote:I love my Golden Girls deck. I’d be down for some more. Maybe The Simpsons or Fantastik Plastik.

Wish I had the room at the time because I would be right there with you on the Golden Girls deck. As for the Fantastik Plastik, there are so many great characters to choose from I’m not sure where they’d even start.
Joey

Image Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:15 am

A-Okay wrote:We need more Freddy skate decks.. I missed out before and I need another shot!

Was that the longboard version? The ice cream one I’m thinking???
Joey

Image Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:13 pm

Beefsquatch wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I wish I knew how to skate so that I'd feel more comfortable buying these. And trust me, I've tried. I feel like a fake fan regardless lol

I’m sure there is a skate deck template you can download to design different stuff on. First Pennywise but second who/what?

Hmmm...good question. Maybe Freddy Funko himself shreddin' it! Or Tony Hawk because you know...it's Tony Hawk.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:20 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

Hmmm...good question. Maybe Freddy Funko himself shreddin' it! Or Tony Hawk because you know...it's Tony Hawk.

A skater Freddy would be so dope! Maybe combo it with a skatedeck :cheers:

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:37 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

A skater Freddy would be so dope! Maybe combo it with a skatedeck :cheers:

Trying to get Funko to take all my money! Lol jk. Love it and I’m sure I’d buy that combo
Joey

Image Image

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:35 pm

I would love a Lucas Lee board, but only if it drops at a Canadian Convention like FanExpo.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:54 pm

Toronto wrote:I would love a Lucas Lee board, but only if it drops at a Canadian Convention like FanExpo.

A Scott Pilgrim deck would be dope! I’m surprised with Brian’s love of the movie this hasn’t happened already
Joey

Image Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Toronto wrote:I would love a Lucas Lee board, but only if it drops at a Canadian Convention like FanExpo.

A Scott Pilgrim deck would be dope! I’m surprised with Brian’s love of the movie this hasn’t happened already
Joey

Image Image

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:03 am

Beefsquatch wrote:
angrynate wrote:I'm sad I missed out on the Big Lebowski one, and the Freddy Ice Cream long board. I might have to check out eBay and see if I can score a deal on either of those. As far as new decks I'd like to see, definitely TMNT or Deadpool. For some reason those two are the ones that pop into my mind first.

:freddy2: tmnt makes perfect sense I'd jump on it cowabunga
:freddy3:

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 am

I think it only makes sense to have a Tony Hawk board lol

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:51 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:I think it only makes sense to have a Tony Hawk board lol

Heck yeah, I love that idea!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:00 am

Jalapenopete wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

But which art style? I’d live to see one with each of the four represented by different generations. Comic, OG cartoon, and then 2 of the newer Nickelodeon ones.
Joey

Image Image

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:01 am

jjb11590 wrote:

Heck yeah, I love that idea!

Maybe some kind of collab with his Birdhouse brand. Maybe Freddy done in their art style. That would be unique
Joey

Image Image

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:31 am

Beefsquatch wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

But which art style? I’d live to see one with each of the four represented by different generations. Comic, OG cartoon, and then 2 of the newer Nickelodeon ones.

I think I'd have to stick with OG Cartoon, it's the one that I remember most and has the biggest piece in my heart in terms of TMNT.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:48 pm

angrynate wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:

I think I'd have to stick with OG Cartoon, it's the one that I remember most and has the biggest piece in my heart in terms of TMNT.

I agree it has to be original turtles all the way
:freddy3:

Beefsquatch

Postby Beefsquatch » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:
angrynate wrote:
Beefsquatch wrote:

I agree it has to be original turtles all the way

I’d be good with either original comic versions or OG cartoon version
Joey

Image Image

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:06 pm

I recently attained the freddy icecream scoop longboard skate deck and it's amazing! Definitely need more!!
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:23 pm

I love the Ice Cream skateboard from a few years ago, and would love to see more. The Big Lebowski and Golden Girl decks are great, but I'd like to see more original art.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:34 pm

I would love anything nostalgic.. like MOTU, GI.Joe, Thundercats, TMNT, Silverhawks, etc. I would also love to see original art using the word “FUNKO”. For example, the funko logo can be centered and all white, and the area around it can be all photos of pops, graffiti, or whatever. I would love to have a whole wall of funko decks in my house one day.

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:53 am

SithLord wrote:I would love anything nostalgic.. like MOTU, GI.Joe, Thundercats, TMNT, Silverhawks, etc. I would also love to see original art using the word “FUNKO”. For example, the funko logo can be centered and all white, and the area around it can be all photos of pops, graffiti, or whatever. I would love to have a whole wall of funko decks in my house one day.

Yes, this would be perfect. I swear I remember seeing TMNT branded skatedecks at the store when I was a kid. This would be a really cool product if Funko came out with their own version

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:48 am

I"m an avid snowboarder. I hoping they would make a deck for snowboards too. That would be awesome!
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:22 am

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I"m an avid snowboarder. I hoping they would make a deck for snowboards too. That would be awesome!

That's a great idea! Totally forgot snowboards can have cool designs too lol

laurmander

Postby laurmander » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:04 am

I absolutely love my Tokoyami board and would love to see more Animation themed ones. One that comes to mind is maybe the characters from the Disney Afternoon Cartoon series - Darkwing Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Max Goof. Or maybe more eclectic titles like Street Sharks or Bonkers - something completely out there, and make them limited!
POP Count: 500
#proudHufflepuff
instagram: @funkomander

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:49 am

TMNT decks would be amazing. Each turtle with color-coordinated boards. I'm thinking the character select poses from the arcade game, but in pop form... or original images would work too. Image for reference:

Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:50 am

Ad Icon cereal box designs on skate decks would be amazing too.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:14 am

Anything horror or sci/fi related would be cool :glasses7: :glasses7: :glasses7: , :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:16 am

Almost forgot. Classic Looney Tunes as well :) . :albino: :albino: :albino: . :freddy1: :freddy4: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

Return to “Other Funko Products”