Funko Trading Cards

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
scullysdad

Re: Funko Trading Cards

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Well I just got UCC in the portal Friday at 11:30 so I will try to buy a box. I entered one ticket for UCC and the other 47 for either Funko or the Bitty booth and nothing there.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:27 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I hope they are not hard to get. Can't wait to get them.

1000 boxes per day, 5000 boxes total at SDCC. Might not be easy to get unless you have an early timeslot for UCC booth.

I hope they sell to ppl without a lottery win because I didn't get it.
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:28 am

scullysdad wrote:Well I just got UCC in the portal Friday at 11:30 so I will try to buy a box. I entered one ticket for UCC and the other 47 for either Funko or the Bitty booth and nothing there.

Wow the only one you entered ,you won lol
ImageImage

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:30 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:
S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I hope they are not hard to get. Can't wait to get them.

1000 boxes per day, 5000 boxes total at SDCC. Might not be easy to get unless you have an early timeslot for UCC booth.

also the fact that you can buy a case of 12 boxes per person wont help.

12 boxes per person? That's crazy!
ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:18 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
scullysdad wrote:Well I just got UCC in the portal Friday at 11:30 so I will try to buy a box. I entered one ticket for UCC and the other 47 for either Funko or the Bitty booth and nothing there.

Wow the only one you entered ,you won lol

The funny thing is that I usually use all of my points for autographs and I did that this year, too. But when the signings were all canceled I reassigned all of my points to Funko or the Bitty Booth except for one UCC ticket. My wife put all of hers to Mattel and she didn’t get picked there.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:45 pm

willy wonka wrote:
Marvel_Mama wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
I’m going to third this and say I am not a fan of the promos. I have a friend who works for Upper Deck and he never gives me insider info or freebies, but now to see if begging works on him [-o<

lol good luck

Not a fan of these promos either. I am now on the fence about these.

I am impatiently waiting for a box to be opened LOL. Tomorrow we shall see!! fingers crossed, I really want these to be amazing.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:09 pm

I'm with others and wanna see how all the cards are looking! Hoping for cool unique art!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

NWpophuntress

Postby NWpophuntress » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:35 pm

How’s everyone doing with their trading cards? Hoping some are left for my UCC time slot Sunday.
:freddy1: IG: @NWpopHuntress
Funko collector EST.2014

Image Image

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:33 pm

Im def curious as to how the trading cards look and how the promos and redeemables look.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:55 pm

Hmmmm I was hoping for the unique art that I mentioned, seems like the cards so far are kind of like product glam shots or very similar to that!
Curious to see what properties they do going forward!
Ooooo what about a Pokemon collab lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:54 am

Has anyone been able to get a box? I saw a few parallels on eBay. The confetti ones are pretty cool.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:34 am

Im waiting for the Redemption pop and decide I should buy it next time..
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:11 am

Late night after con box break. Hit this big card.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:25 am

CoolNerd wrote:Im waiting for the Redemption pop and decide I should buy it next time..

Same. I’m waiting to see first. It’s quite ex for me so I prefer to wait and see as well.
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:34 am

Looks like hot topic sells individual packs for eight bucks too
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:53 am

Rice71 wrote:Late night after con box break. Hit this big card.
Spoiler: show

Whoa! That’s awesome congrats!
Larry

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:13 am

mikechickenhead wrote:Looks like hot topic sells individual packs for eight bucks too

Thanks for the heads up!

Posting the links here in case anyone needs them

Box - https://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-upper-deck-marvel-pop-trading-card-booster-pack-box/30884694.html

Pack - https://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-upper-deck-marvel-pop-trading-card-booster-pack/30884600.html
Larry

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:42 pm

i feel like they should have used newer artwork for them. I love the idea of the trading cards but the artwork is the same as the boxes....
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:25 pm

i wonder if they're all the same redeemable

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:44 pm

I tried to get the promo cards at SDCC and failed. =)
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:40 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:I tried to get the promo cards at SDCC and failed. =)

yeah, I heard UCC was letting some non reservation people in too allegedly on Saturday. I was able to have a friend get me one box so I got Thor promo which was cool, debating on opening my box or keeping it sealed just for the collection. really interested to see what the redemption is.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:03 pm

PickyFunkos wrote:
Dbactor wrote:One of the first things i ever collected were X-men/marvel trading cards. They were my favorite, and got me into the whole scene. I think Funkofied versions of things they have a license for would be a great throwback.

What details on the backs would make them coolest to you? Artists behind the pop? Early concept art? Character bio?

What else would get you to collect them?

Im so stoked for these. I want to see everything they've got with these things. I've been collecting cards longer than funkos, so this just gets me more excited.

I kind of missed these announcements since I wasn’t going into the con this year. Hope to see lots of great cards and collections from this. Should be a lot of fun.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:36 pm

Relinquish wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:I tried to get the promo cards at SDCC and failed. =)

yeah, I heard UCC was letting some non reservation people in too allegedly on Saturday. I was able to have a friend get me one box so I got Thor promo which was cool, debating on opening my box or keeping it sealed just for the collection. really interested to see what the redemption is.

But if you keep it sealed you would miss redemption windows for in those packs I assume ?

This was my mission of the con. I had put all my portal points into ucc and got friday and sat. And then had friends and new friends either get me a box on other days or traded. So I got a complete set of promo cards.
Wed- Spiderman
Thurs- Panther
Fri- Thor
Sat- Capt
Sun- Hulk

They are out of 1000 and are numbered. The limit was 6 per purchase yikes. I think at least one of the days sold out early afternoon but I cannot confirm that. What I do know is that they did not have the ability to sell out enough boxes on preview night with spiderman promo cards because they couldn't move all the people through the line in the 3 hours. Their last person they sold anything to got out at 930 with security really pushing the booth to finish up. And of course not every person with a portal ticket for preview night bought the cards. I will be opening a box tonight. I don't know how to post pictures but if someone is willing to help me out with that I can't post that here.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:43 pm

the redemption is good until like 2025 I believe. I saw one on ebay and read the text on the card. it might have been 2024 but it was definitely a long period of time and not something to rush into doing right away, you know?

Yeah preview night was wild, they were telling people they could just come on Thursday because they couldn't get to them all!

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:46 pm

Relinquish wrote:the redemption is good until like 2025 I believe. I saw one on ebay and read the text on the card. it might have been 2024 but it was definitely a long period of time and not something to rush into doing right away, you know?

Yeah preview night was wild, they were telling people they could just come on Thursday because they couldn't get to them all!

You mean people with portal tickets for wed were okay for Thursday ? But no spidermans were given on Thursday right ? I was given the impression that there was no way they were going to give or were allowed to give spiderman promos on any day but preview night.

Side note the head of UCC booth was a great guy. That booth had the nicest workers at the con imo. Which is amazing because that booth was insane since they were selling 1000 different items.

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:58 pm

I don't think they gave them spidermans on thursday but they definitely let people in on thursday who had wednesday time slots because they didn't have enough time to get everyone into the booth.

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:50 pm

willy wonka wrote:
Marvel_Mama wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
I’m going to third this and say I am not a fan of the promos. I have a friend who works for Upper Deck and he never gives me insider info or freebies, but now to see if begging works on him [-o<

lol good luck

Not a fan of these promos either. I am now on the fence about these.

I got a box because I wanted to check out the cards and designs but I kinda regret it. I don’t like how they look, could’ve been way better. I also don’t like that they don’t know or won’t say what the redeemable will be. Then we have to wait 16 weeks once redeemed. The price wasn’t worth it to me.
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:34 pm

I did get a box of these at the show, but I haven’t opened them yet. My plan is to sit down and crack packs on Tuesday night since I am still traveling back from San Diego (my plane was delayed four hours, I should have been home by now).

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:38 pm

I got a box and the black Panther promo. Should I crack these open ? Didn’t realize there was redeemables. I need to research this lol
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:15 am

ocwankenobi wrote:I will be opening a box tonight. I don't know how to post pictures but if someone is willing to help me out with that I can't post that here.

Check this thread for help on posting pictures: http://funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74053

Hope you get some nice numbered parallels!
Larry

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:16 am

babasdada wrote:I got a box and the black Panther promo. Should I crack these open ? Didn’t realize there was redeemables. I need to research this lol

Go for it! I don’t think there is much info about the redemption yet.
Larry

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:29 am

Someone posted a Funko Shorts 1/1 printing plate from the on eBay. Pretty cool.

Spoiler: show
Larry

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:08 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:I will be opening a box tonight. I don't know how to post pictures but if someone is willing to help me out with that I can't post that here.

Check this thread for help on posting pictures: http://funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74053

Yeah I appreciate the link. But please respect my lack of knowledge or the lack to desire to obtain it lol.

Kidding. But technically not kidding. I don't have access to all these websites as you young whipper snappers.

I opened a box last night. Got the obligatory redemption card (only one per box fyi). The packet has a description of all the ratios. Too mad some of the names of the special cards I have no idea what they are referring to lol. The lower amount cards I drew.

In order of rarity just for one box.
One redemption card.
One convention worded on the right front card.
One card with the name of the character in cursive across the character.
Two hologram figure cards.
Some figures that are in front of spotted gold/yellow backgrounds (does anyone know what this is called?)
Some gold figures
Some silver figures (more than the number of gold)
Art cards
Shorts

If someone knows what each word means in the ratio descriptions on the back of each pack or the box itself that would be great !

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:29 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
nerdandcheese wrote:

Yeah I appreciate the link. But please respect my lack of knowledge or the lack to desire to obtain it lol.

Kidding. But technically not kidding. I don't have access to all these websites as you young whipper snappers.

I opened a box last night. Got the obligatory redemption card (only one per box fyi). The packet has a description of all the ratios. Too mad some of the names of the special cards I have no idea what they are referring to lol. The lower amount cards I drew.

One redemption card.
Some figures that are in front of spotted gold/yellow backgrounds (does anyone know what this is called?)
Some gold figures
Art cards
Shorts

If someone knows what each word means in the ratio descriptions on the back of each pack or the box itself that would be great !

Different background colors, fonts, shiny/holographic/foil cards are referred to as 'Parallels'.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:14 pm

Saw someone get a printing plate in a pack - that tempts to me rip some boxes now lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:24 pm

I got one box on Thursday with the BP promo card. I don't care for the card designs at all but figured the promo card and the redemption would more or less get me value equal to the $205 retail price. I thought the cards using the newer box arts looked better. The older, fatter, squatting looking pop designs just look bad in card form even though I like them in actual pop form. Overall, not impressed and will likely not buy anymore. Unless they release something special for NYCC or SDCC next year and I can build the price into my con budget.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:27 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Saw someone get a printing plate in a pack - that tempts to me rip some boxes now lol

Same! I need at least one printing plate.

I guess the “prototype” parallel is also 1/1.
Larry

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:37 pm

Bought 4, two are for us and the other two are for two other funatics that didn’t have access. We haven’t opened ours yet, but the temptation is strong.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:40 pm

RogueSolo wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
nerdandcheese wrote:Check this thread for help on posting pictures: http://funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=74053

One redemption card.
Some gold figures
Art cards
Shorts

Different background colors, fonts, shiny/holographic/foil cards are referred to as 'Parallels'.

This brings back my childhood nightmares of Fleer Tin aka gloss. Is there any source that explains the differences in some of these ratio things. What the heck is confetti version ? The signature is easy to know. So is the label convention print. But some of the others are weird unknown words to me lol.

perfectprecious

Postby perfectprecious » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:47 pm

Rice71 wrote:Late night after con box break. Hit this big card.

wow this is awesome!! congrats
First Funko POP: Daenerys (Wedding Dress) 2014
Current obsession: Funko Sodas! Ted Lasso Funko POPs

Return to “Other Funko Products”